Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Master
Crystal-

You bring in some great concepts. I do agree with the NOW of everything, therefore, what you experience both lives being lived now.

I get confused when I think of the description of others (I can't remember who) who implied that once a physical 3D life is done, you can visit it through akashic records (or whatever method you use to get there) but that you can't undo certain things: lives will end, and perhaps that people who died in a life, died. I definitely feel that someone who did not incarnate in that life, can't change the events.

But then I think: Why couldn't what I am learning "now" in this life--that information be passed through the Now to the other lives, thereby causing different decisions to be made. Therefore, it would "change" that life.

It would be as if that's the way it had "always" been.

Then again, there is the concept of Alternate Lives. I do feel that we in 3D are the only ones who need this capability (because in other dimensions, they just create new with new thoughts). But with the Alternate Lives idea, each time you get to a point in your life where you have serious thoughts about "what if" and you play out the possibilities, that that Alternate is created, functions on it's own, with the "players" making decisions on their own.

It is a way for us to play out the possibilities of our lives and to learn as much about them as possible. In that scenario, it wouldn't be just one 3D life that existed and could be changed, but it would just be adding another Alternate Life from which to learn.

So, I get the Now idea, but then I am not sure there is a single NOW either, but many, many, infinitely many possible Nows running simultaneously.

?? More questions! ??

Lora
Old 16-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
I know this seems a bit odd but I came across this info:

'Projection Stages

The list below shows the physical body as (0) with the dream mind marked as (-1) below it, and the first four stages of higher subtle bodies above it.

4 = Mental body, and above.

3 = Astral body.

2 = Real time body.

1 = Etheric body.

0 = Physical body. (base line)

-1 = Dream mind

Taken from the book Treatise on Astral Projection

I'm confused by a couple of things with this.

Dream mind is below physical body?? How does that work? I can't be in dream mode without being out of physical body or physical body relaxed at least.

The other confusion to me is that Astral Body is 3rd, above Etheric? My understanding is astral is considered the first stage out, most like Earth, most "physical-looking" body. (I just don't really want to conceptualize this because it can vary so much from experience to experience and person to person.)

I wonder what others think about this scheme.

L

P.S. Was this Treatise a .pdf file of a book written in the 1890s? I have read one like it.
Old 17-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Crystal-

You bring in some great concepts. I do agree with the NOW of everything, therefore, what you experience both lives being lived now.

I get confused when I think of the description of others (I can't remember who) who implied that once a physical 3D life is done, you can visit it through akashic records (or whatever method you use to get there) but that you can't undo certain things: lives will end, and perhaps that people who died in a life, died. I definitely feel that someone who did not incarnate in that life, can't change the events.

But then I think: Why couldn't what I am learning "now" in this life--that information be passed through the Now to the other lives, thereby causing different decisions to be made. Therefore, it would "change" that life.

It would be as if that's the way it had "always" been.

Then again, there is the concept of Alternate Lives. I do feel that we in 3D are the only ones who need this capability (because in other dimensions, they just create new with new thoughts). But with the Alternate Lives idea, each time you get to a point in your life where you have serious thoughts about "what if" and you play out the possibilities, that that Alternate is created, functions on it's own, with the "players" making decisions on their own.

It is a way for us to play out the possibilities of our lives and to learn as much about them as possible. In that scenario, it wouldn't be just one 3D life that existed and could be changed, but it would just be adding another Alternate Life from which to learn.

So, I get the Now idea, but then I am not sure there is a single NOW either, but many, many, infinitely many possible Nows running simultaneously.

?? More questions! ??

Lora

It's appears to be very complicated, or at least more complicated that we can grasp using the human mind.
We're very limited in trying to describe it or even process the experiences after having them. The Buddhist would say it's all just experiences, flashes of nothingness not worthy of contemplating further. And in a way it is just experiences and there it no framework to attach it too, but I think if we can avoid wrapping our definitions of the self around experiences it's okay to wonder about the infinite possibilities of the Universe. Or at least i give myself permission to do so! (In a I-Know-Nothing sort of way) lol

From that view point it seems there's truly many different possibilities and potential permutations. The Ashkaic Records have there own 'feel', when reviewing something in them it does feel like an event that 'happened and is finished' though one might just now be watching the 'clips' from it, there is somehow an understanding that the event is 'past/finished'. These events seem to have a sense of being somewhen in time as they are a bit like old black and white movie reels, getting more static and loss of detail as one goes back in 'time'.

Then there's other things one runs into that are like snippets hanging in the mass collective unconsciousness that are Now, like a quick mental scene a writer is writing, or a snatch from the imagination of a costume designer, or inventor. These things are crystal clear and in high detail, but very random close-ups with no construct or setting, just a close up on the beadwork on the sleeve of a formal royal jacket, or how certain gears are in a specific order, but the rest of the costume can't be seen and what the gears are set into remains a mystery.

Then there's remote views into blocked areas where you keep pushing through and end up viewing something in an alternate timeline, clues in the scene like fashion or news headlines, or geography are the clue that it's not this timeline.

Then there's inexplicable things like my caveman friend (me with a Unibrow), which is not a 'viewing' like going into the Ashkaic, but is interactive and both he and I can choose to block the other, kinda like screening calls.

Then there's things like slipping into, well who knows what.....but I have a metal bath tub plug that was metal and heavy for years and then one day it was plastic coated with chrome, was light weight and it leaked. Something changed for sure, and it's the proof. Can we slip timelines? Many think it happens and there ARE little clues the observant will catch - 'a glitch in the Matrix'.

So what really going on? Who knows!! LOL It's all just Adventures Down the Rabbit Hole!
Old 17-11-2013, 04:16 AM
Medicine_Dog

Quote:
So what really going on? Who knows!! LOL It's all just Adventures Down the Rabbit Hole!

I've been pondering on this subject for awhile and a list of steps sounds like a good way to break it down. Influenced by Jung's psychology and my own introspective ideas I came up with these:

Descending through the depths of consciousness.

1.conscious
2.pre-conscious
3.sub-conscious
4. Ego
5.personal unconscious
6.collective unconscious
7.super-consciousness

Old 17-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine_Dog
I've been pondering on this subject for awhile and a list of steps sounds like a good way to break it down. Influenced by Jung's psychology and my own introspective ideas I came up with these:

Descending through the depths of consciousness.

1.conscious
2.pre-conscious
3.sub-conscious
4. Ego
5.personal unconscious
6.collective unconscious
7.super-consciousness

Or something like that with us flitting about across the spectrum with little regard for the classifications, even though we made them up

I mean, over the course of a day , I'm all over that list , seems like
Old 17-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
From that view point it seems there's truly many different possibilities and potential permutations. The Ashkaic Records have there own 'feel', when reviewing something in them it does feel like an event that 'happened and is finished' though one might just now be watching the 'clips' from it, there is somehow an understanding that the event is 'past/finished'. These events seem to have a sense of being somewhen in time as they are a bit like old black and white movie reels, getting more static and loss of detail as one goes back in 'time'

Yes, Crystal, this is absolutely true. Those fast-forward, very crystal clips also seem to convey the information that they are past, that their content is fixed and can't change.

I'm not sure the eternal Now applies to the 3D world. It seems those are the rules of the game that we agree to--in order to accelerate our own growth. You can choose to "get out" before the agreed-upon time, but other than that, we do have to abide by the hard and fast physical rules of survival in 3D. So I think that lives that are past, can't be changed somehow.

I do have a feeling sometimes that some of the "past lives" that I have gotten clues of--aren't yet finished, even though they are in the past.

Yes, I give myself permission to ponder these things. Why would I not? I guess I'm not really a "monkey mind" believer. They are all creations capable of getting information from Source. IMHO!! But I could be wrong!

Lora
Old 17-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Yes, Crystal, this is absolutely true. Those fast-forward, very crystal clips also seem to convey the information that they are past, that their content is fixed and can't change.

I'm not sure the eternal Now applies to the 3D world. It seems those are the rules of the game that we agree to--in order to accelerate our own growth. You can choose to "get out" before the agreed-upon time, but other than that, we do have to abide by the hard and fast physical rules of survival in 3D. So I think that lives that are past, can't be changed somehow.

I do have a feeling sometimes that some of the "past lives" that I have gotten clues of--aren't yet finished, even though they are in the past.

Yes, I give myself permission to ponder these things. Why would I not? I guess I'm not really a "monkey mind" believer. They are all creations capable of getting information from Source. IMHO!! But I could be wrong!

Lora

Maybe Monkey Mind Syndrome happens when regular mind is given jobs bigger that what it's capable of ("This is a job for Supermind " ...where's a phone booth ? ) . It goes into overload when asked to run the show, or gets told it's running the show, which we all are taught to tell it when we're little. Maybe it's a tool, like you suggest, and when we ask it to observe and report , it behaves better . Train it like a Chihuahua , maybe .
I'll ask my monkey .... no, I'm going to TELL it
Old 17-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Maybe it's a tool, like you suggest, and when we ask it to observe and report , it behaves better . Train it like a Chihuahua , maybe .
I'll ask my monkey .... no, I'm going to TELL it

We all need a little Obedience Training!

Lora
Old 17-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Master
Am just winding down from a killer few days, but have read all the threads and made me smile lots, know ive got lots to say but at the moment, it wouldn't come out so great, mentally pooped!
But I look forward to dropping back in on the thread soon :)
Your all wonderful, thankyou :)
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 19-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Danaban

I've had 'False Awakenings' throughout my whole life.

I've always woken up afterwards sweating in my bed in a panic, in a similar sense to after a nightmare, in face before I could even nominate them as 'False Awakenings', I had just assumed they were recurring bad dreams.

Often these more negative false awakening experiences can occur simply by unsettled at a deeper level, to my knowledge. For instance, having something playing on your mind, even if it is something as seemingly insignificant as the notion of having to be up early for work the next morning.

However, maybe I've got the wrong interpretation, hope I've helped a slight bit. I'd love to be corrected though if I'm wrong, help me get my own head round the whole thing!