Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 02-09-2016, 04:21 AM
Seeker

I forget where this came from - perhaps Pema Chodron? - but it is one of my fave's:

"We are by nature selfless. It is only when we try to construct a self that we bang our heads against reality".

If anyone knows the correct attribution and/or if I've missed a word or two, please let me know. I've been trying to re-find this quote for a few years now :-)
Old 02-09-2016, 04:25 AM
Seeker

mArIya,

That Tolle quote is spot on. Thanks for sharing it!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Knower

"You have no idea how hard I've looked for a gift to bring you. Nothing seems right. What's the point of bringing gold to the gold mine, or water to the ocean. Everything I came up with was like taking spices to the Orient. It's no good giving my heart and my soul because you already have these. So I've brought you a mirror. Look at yourself and remember me..."

~ Rumi
Old 03-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ram Dass~

Our interactions with one another reflect a dance between love and fear.

Anyone who doesn’t think there are two sides to an argument is probably in one
source:no clue @.@

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he’ll be a mile away and barefoot
source:no clue >.<
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you. – S. Johns <---
Old 04-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Knower

' There's a path from your heart to mine'

~ Rumi
Old 17-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Ascender
When we fight something, that thing stays with us. When we accept our problems …they lose power. So the secret to personal overcoming and healing is to accept yourself just as you are. Work within your reality, not someone else’s.

~~~~~~~~~~
Saint Germain

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 17-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Master
"It is our mind, and that alone, that chains us or sets us free."

~ Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Old 17-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
An innate knowledge of the Gods is coexistent with our very essence; and this knowledge is superior to all judgment and deliberate choice, and subsists prior to reason and demonstration. It is also co-united from the beginning with its proper cause, and is consubsistent with the essential tendency of the soul to The Good. If, indeed, it be requisite to speak the truth, the contact with divinity is not knowledge. For knowledge is in a certain respect separated [from its object] by otherness. But prior to the knowledge, which as one thing knows another, is the uniform connexion with divinity, and which is suspended from the Gods, is spontaneous and inseparable from them.

Iamblichus, On the Mysteries, I, iii.
Old 17-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Knower
Ram Dass~

Our interactions with one another reflect a dance between love and fear.

this one is really really good, funny in its accuracy
Old 18-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Knower

'Half of life is lost in charming others. The other half is lost in going through anxieties caused by others. Leave this play, you have played enough!'

~ Rumi