Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Master
From the DailyMail.co.uk ~

The four legged robotic, "Cheeta". Sprints faster than Usain Bolt, the world's fastest runner.
Where have we seen this before? Oh yeah! "Aimee"; In the movie, "Red Planet"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTcOOzD-JQs

"Her name is short for Autonomous Mapping Evaluation and Evasion. She is multi-task robot borrowed from the Marines to assist the Mars lending crew as their navigator while they try to figure out what went wrong with terraforming project."

http://www.explore-science-fiction-movies.com/amee-red-planet.html#ixzz3KpnAI0Gn
--------------------------
Also in the News:

"Do we really need DNA to form life? Breakthrough in synthetic enzymes could lead to the manufacture of organisms
Scientists at the Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge created working enzymes from a synthetic form of DNA called XNA, which could be used to create synthetic life."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by Morpheus : 03-12-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:49 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
A lot of people seem to independently believe such. As I myself did when I was a teenager, well before "The Matrix", and even well before the Internet.

metaphors, metaphors....
It's a matrix imposed by others, that's for sure. I don't know about people already being controlled by computers, which doesn't seem necessary as the chemtrails have most folks stupefied.

Watch Cloud Atlas -by the same people as the Matrix.

It explains everything: archons, cloning, multiple ET races, reincarnation, CLONES (fabricants).
Old 04-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Jane
metaphors, metaphors....
It's a matrix imposed by others, that's for sure. I don't know about people already being controlled by computers, which doesn't seem necessary as the chemtrails have most folks stupefied.

Watch Cloud Atlas -by the same people as the Matrix.

It explains everything: archons, cloning, multiple ET races, reincarnation, CLONES (fabricants).

Their work, "Cloud Atlas" doesn't really have any application here. Except perhaps regarding how the clones were raised biologically, related to how humans were, also, in, "The Matrix"; By the sentient machinary which had taken over.
-----------------------------------------------------

Article cited on the Coast to Coast AM program: Steven Hawking agrees with Elon Musk in his assessment about consequences of a possible future robotic sentience.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30290540

Stating:
"It would take off on its own, and re-design itself at an ever increasing rate," he said...
Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn't compete, and would be superseded."
-------------------------------------------------------

Once again, we are in the day of things like alternate, or artificial life research, Quantum Computing, bio-chips... and faster than light computer connections, as well.

In the Bible, in the Book of Revelation, we read of what is called, "The Beast".

Now, involving this prophecy, the beast is not the anti-Christ, referred to as, "the son of perdition", elsewhere.
Neither is it the "Dragon", identified as the devil.
It seems to have connection with, "Babylon", if you identify "Babylon" and the seven hills cited, as the major continents on the Earth.
And as well?
There is reference to, "The image of the Beast". - What might the image of the Beast be, if the Beast is a globally united humanity?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by Morpheus : 04-12-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Master
From The Daily Mail Online:
Pro -

To, "prevent robot world domination:
Project is launched to ensure AI can follow rules and make ethical decisions
NEW Researchers at the Universities of Sheffield, Liverpool and the West of England, Bristol have set up a new project to address concerns around artificially intelligent robots of the future (illustrated). "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also: Con -

'Concerns over artificial intelligence are misguided': Google CEO Eric Schmidt dismisses fears that robots will spell the end of humanity
The California-based Google chief, who is heavily involved in the development of AI for self-driving cars, also claims that the fear of robots stealing human jobs is unwarranted."

Here is one example of a developing situation.
A while back I purchased a Flat Screen T.V. to replace a broken older set.
As usual, I just glanced through the manual before setting it up.

Just yesterday I more carefully perused the manual to discover, in it, an illustration of the T.V., to see that it showed a DVD slot at the rear, and side!
I checked, and sure enough there it was! A feature I was unware of.

The extension in the rear is only about an inch, to an inch and a half.
... Know what this is about?

In addition to all the other research progress being made in technologies, this is about, "Minaturization".
Related - "How long before computer chips become microscopic in size?"

Or... has it already ben succsessfully achieved behined the curtains, as it were?

Old 10-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Master

I like the questions of this thread. Humanity has a long long history of creating machines to do things in a more efficient way or make the impossible possible. Traveling. Manufacturing. Killing. Having fun. The more advanced we get at making new toys and weapons and tools, the more we learn to know ourselves and how our choices and decisions are formed by logic rather than morals. Very few weapons have ever been laid aside because they were too cruel. The nerve gas combat weapons of world war one were not used in world war two mostly for a reason of logic, not for mercy - they were too hard to control. The nuclear weapons used against major cities in Japan in 1945 had limited military value but great political value. The crossbow was in its time banned by the pope because it was too effective. Banned for use against christians, that is. Again in the same way one of the earliest machinegun designs of the 19th century called for two types of ammo; one for use against christians and another with more damage to be used against heathens. Not that christianity is special in saving the worst weapons for those of other religions. But I digress.

We the humans have also worked on warmer canvases than steel. Every animal that we have tamed or domesticated for the last milleniums have been shaped through breeding and inbreeding and culling until their forefathers would not recognized them. Cows have giant udders, oxes giant muscles, dogs have been bred for shape and color and size to the point where they are one step from being human babies, their bodies raked with illnesses that by now are coded into their genetics. Doesnt matter that their back legs are falling apart as long as their faces are baaaby cute.

And now we have our newest toys. Drones in the air, taking pictures or firing rockets according to need. Still human controlled, or so they say. Software clever enough to do infiltration and/or damage. Computers you might not be able to tell are talking with you on the chatting websites.

But what has changed, really? We were once half apes picking fruit or killing other apes with the help of sticks. Today... today we are still using tools, a million times more advanced, to shape the world. We still throw the sticks away once we get a better one.

So.... if robots and other constructs are of use to us we will make them. Then throw them away, turn them off, melt them down once they are down. And whatever intelligence it suits us to give them won't matter. We will always be installing an Off button too. Because that is our nature.
Old 16-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Master
Robot flies paying full fare as an airline passenger.

"Built by the Salt Lake City engineering and robotics company Sarcos, Athena was purchased by Germany’s Max Planck Society, which along with researchers at the University of Southern California are trying to make her perform tasks too dangerous for humans, such as cleanup after the nuclear disaster at Fukushima, Japan."

http://newsdaily.com/2014/12/robot-flies-to-germany-as-airline-passenger-from-los-angeles/

Old 20-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Master
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2879662/Watch-incredible-moment-double-amputee-uses-TWO-mind-controlled-prosthetic-arms-time.html

A double amputee is fitted with prothesis arms, which are contolled by his brain.

Old 23-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Master
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2883519/Meet-Hector-robotic-BUG-Mechanical-stick-insect-scales-obstacles-used-explore-alien-planets.html

It's like something out of the 50's era Sci-Fi movies.
--------------------------------------------------------

"Among the robots it has created in a project with the US Defence Department is a humanoid shaped machine that can run, climb and jump."

Old 01-01-2015, 04:44 AM
Master
www.dailymail.co.uk

"Would you let this droid walk your dog? $999 human-sized Luna could usher in the age of the personal robot
Santa Monica-based RoboDynamics is seeking funding for its Luna robot (shown). They say it could bring robots to the masses. The 5ft (1.5m) tall android has a touchscreen 'face' and arms."

Old 04-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Master

"Now THAT'S a kitchen gadget! Robot can learn to cook just like a human - by watching YouTube videos

Researchers, from the University of Maryland and the Australian research center NICTA, trained their robots by using selected data from 88 YouTube videos of people cooking."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html