Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 17-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Master
The Austrian Incident

In 2010 saw me in the hospital after a bicycle accident In Austria. The race was the Worlds Masters Championships (Road Cycling). Here are some photographs of the incident and making of the collage. The incentive for the collage was mainly for art therapy.

The top photo is of the race. Bottom left is me two days after the incident. Bottom right is my jersey and gloves.

Steps along the way to the completion of the collage.

The finished product.
Old 17-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Good lawd! This is why I will stick to meandering rides...that and I am adverse to riding fast up hills

My department chair's husband races and has had several serious accidents. She is always complaining about him...

Your final collage captures it all...the grit, the blood...the "agony of defeat!"
I bet when you look back on this memory it's one where you were feeling vibrantly alive
Old 17-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Master
Hello muileag.
True. That is what I love about racing. You are in tip top fitness, racing in the now, conserving every ounce of energy to survive a full-speed (95% of maximum heart rate) two hour race, pushing your own limits when required, and riding on instincts.
At the end, your glucose levels are so taxed your thinking ability has almost stopped. You can hardly get off your bike without wobbling. You say to yourself, 'that was too hard, never again.' The next day, you can hardly wait to go for another ride and daydream past racing events.... go figure.
Old 17-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Experiencer

hello again. you have been busy lol.. the last day I stopped to look at your page you had some things but wow I like your creativity when it comes to building things. I like your easel , flawless design. I have sketches of things I would like to build but don't have the know how or mental capacity to get it done. I have an old light table, without legs ( weighs a lot being constructed from an old metal bathroom cabinet.
I found a table someone was throwing away on the curb and collected that but haven't done anything with it yet.
I like the collage of your friend cutting the cord .. finding truth.. well done
your art should be published , in galleries.
you are a soul artist
keep up the good work
Old 17-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Hello muileag.
True. That is what I love about racing. You are in tip top fitness, racing in the now, conserving every ounce of energy to survive a full-speed (95% of maximum heart rate) two hour race, pushing your own limits when required, and riding on instincts.
At the end, your glucose levels are so taxed your thinking ability has almost stopped. You can hardly get off your bike without wobbling. You say to yourself, 'that was too hard, never again.' The next day, you can hardly wait to go for another ride and daydream past racing events.... go figure.

Do you still race, Visitor?
Old 17-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muileag
Do you still race, Visitor?
Yes and no.

I have put on some weight and do not ride as much these days. Competitive riding requires lots of training, and these days my body takes a lot longer to recover. So after a 25-65 mile ride, at a good pace (22-25 mph), my energy levels get taxed for further work in the day. So competitive cycling is okay if that is all one wants to do. But I want to do other things now.
I still ride, but at a leisurely pace and not so far.

However, I am still a member of our local Masters Cycling Club. And now again I take another slash at it when they run a handicap race. This is like a time-trial event, which I love, mixed with a scratch race (usual type of race) at the end. In this way, even slow riders like myself can get a chance to fight it out for the finish line.

Last edited by Visitor : 18-05-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 17-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Master
Hello Spiritualist 74.

Thanks for your kind words.

Lets hope you will be able to find a solution to manifesting your ideas ... perhaps a friend.

The use of nice art material does little towards producing good artworks. It helps, but not necessary.
Old 18-05-2014, 12:24 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Yes and no.

I have put on some weight and do not ride as much these days. Competitive riding requires lots of training, and these days my body takes a lot longer to recover. So after a 25-65 mile ride, at a good pace (22-25 mph), my energy levels get taxed for further work in the day. So competitive cycling is okay if that is all one wants to do. But I want to do other things now.
I still ride, but at a leisurely pace and not so far.

However, I am still a member of our local Masters Cycling Club. And now again I take another slash at it when they run a handicap race. This is like a time-trial event, which I love, mixed with a scratch race (usual type of race) at the end. In this way, even slow riders like myself can get a chance to fight it out for the finish line.

Leisurely pace (and no more hills unless they're gently sloping) is my kind of pace!

I'm really bad at distances (I don't pay attention to things like that), so I have no ready reference to picture how far a ride 25-65 miles is (I will google how far my work commute is and get an idea), but is that what you ride most days for exercise?

It's always fun to compete once in awhile, and it sounds like your handicap race (hehehehe) fills the bill

Quote:
But I want to do other things now.

Such as?
Old 18-05-2014, 12:43 AM
Master
Hello muileag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muileag
Leisurely pace (and no more hills unless they're gently sloping) is my kind of pace!

I'm really bad at distances (I don't pay attention to things like that), so I have no ready reference to picture how far a ride 25-65 miles is (I will google how far my work commute is and get an idea), but is that what you ride most days for exercise?
Tuesday and Thursday, 25 miles (40 km); Saturday 12 mile race, or 25-40 mile (40-65 km) ride; and Sunday 40-65 mile (65-105 km) ride. This would be my maximum distances today.

It's always fun to compete once in awhile, and it sounds like your handicap race (hehehehe) fills the bill

Such as?
Paint and other artworks.
Old 18-05-2014, 12:49 AM
Master
That was some serious crash I didn't want to comment previously in case it was still a sore point for you. The collage is very powerful.