Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Closed Thread

Old 19-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Wisa'ka

Respect warrants respect. Standing up for one's beliefs in a civil manner is not disrespectful. On my part there has been no bias for vegetarians in this discussion and would respect the same for my beliefs. An attempt to civilly explain one's beliefs should not be met with such scornful disrespect.

However I will stand behind my words regarding 'White Eagle and Silver Birch' which to me as well as others, is a mockery to NDN people.
Old 19-09-2012, 09:26 AM
RiversLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
1) I didn't know that. Presumably that was why the white man labelled 'you' sub-human savages, and had no qualms about slaughtering you, in the same way you have no qualms about killing animals.
Luckily the white man has learnt better since.

2) Pride in history and heritage is one thing, but that still doesn't make it (the warfare, killing, scalping etc.) right.

3) I was referring to the great spirit teachers (i.e. White Eagle, Silver Birch and so forth)

4) Those who were so inclined and had the wealth to do so kept horses and engaged in fox-hunting and stag-hunting. Those who didn't engaged in hare coursing, badger-baiting, **** fighting and the like. Either way they did it for 'sport' and through the cruelty in their hearts.
The majority of people didn't engage in such things, which are all banned now.

5) "Tradition doesn't make it right". Any act of cruelty, violence and brutality is wrong. Always has been wrong and always will be wrong. It is the perception of the perpetrator that changes. We learn, we grow, we evolve spiritually, we view things differently.

I wonder if you count verbal abuse like calling someone not white a subhuman savage? Isn't that carrying the bullying further? Where is your respect for people telling the truth about their culture?
And you left out a few things about hunting in the UK, or shall we say poaching. If a hungry man was found to have poached a rabbit on a lord's land, what was the gentle penalty inflicted by the kindly lord on the serf and his family? Learn your own history before cutting down another cultures, please, please, please...
Old 19-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversLady
Learn your own history before cutting down another cultures, please, please, please...

Yeah it seems perfectly alright to make post after post cutting down another culture, but once someone arrives on the scene to stand up for that culture and those beliefs, all of a sudden words concerning disrespect and breaking rules comes into play.

Are we all of one mindset here or is this a mixture of different beliefs and cultures ? No and yes.
Old 19-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Master

I don't think you coming in here 'flaming' is helpful.

"Learn your history"? I would have thought anyone of Native American stock would know their own history.
The history of the (Wild) West. The white man of the day viewed the Indians as savages, it's not me saying it. Wasn't it Sherman who said, "The only good Indian..." It was that sort of racist aggression, together with naked greed, that fuelled the Indian wars, the killing of Native Americans and the stealing of their land.

"Tradition doesn't make it right." Any act of cruelty, violence and brutality is wrong. Always has been wrong and always will be wrong. It is the perception of the perpetrator that changes. We learn, we grow, we evolve spiritually, we see things differently.

The advancement of the soul, that's the meaning of life, that's why we're here.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 19-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Master

[quote=Wisa'ka]Yeah it seems perfectly alright to make post after post cutting down another culture, but once someone arrives on the scene to stand up for that culture and those beliefs, all of a sudden words concerning disrespect and breaking rules comes into play.

[quote]

The topic was deer being killed for eating flowers...

For the record, YOU brought the NA culture into the thread in post 14, again in post 21 and for a third time in post 34.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 19-09-2012, 08:59 PM
michael55

A lot of animals are good to eat as long as they are hunted legally! :) Yum!
Old 19-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Wisa'ka

[quote=knightofalbion][quote=Wisa'ka]Yeah it seems perfectly alright to make post after post cutting down another culture, but once someone arrives on the scene to stand up for that culture and those beliefs, all of a sudden words concerning disrespect and breaking rules comes into play.

Quote:

The topic was deer being killed for eating flowers...

For the record, YOU brought the NA culture into the thread in post 14, again in post 21 and for a third time in post 34.

You can count. Yay !

So put up a sign that says NDNs, or any other sub-human savages are not allowed.

And by the way, Knight, I read both topic and thread. Some of us savages can write, count and have free thought as well.
Old 20-09-2012, 05:46 AM
primrose

i'm sorry, when I started this thread I did'nt mean to start any arguments. We all have our points of view. None of us can change anothers mind. I was just saying how I felt.
Old 20-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Ascender
Dear Primrose, you have nothing to apologise for. You started a thread out of genuine concern about animal welfare. You deserve nothing but credit for that. Your thread has, sadly, been thrown off course to a discussion about hunting generally. That was not your intention.

Unfortunately, this section of the forum has been invaded by some people who seem only to want to argue and have little interest in animals or their welfare. They will probably eventually get bored with arguing and go elsewhere. Perhaps it's time to post some more threads with pictures of cute animals...!
Old 20-09-2012, 04:35 PM
primrose

Thanks LPC, you're right.
Closed Thread