Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 12-09-2012, 05:49 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
1) Well at least your beliefs dont call for you to kill or try to convert us. The idea that we can live together and respect each others beliefs is at the heart of new age.
2) While new age doesn't have a list of taboos, thats mostly because committing taboos is so unthinkable nobody has even thought to try to make a list. Anything that falls under the definition of harming others is basically taboo.

How can you make the list when you accommodate yourself only. New Agers lack enough conviction to walk across the street, nonetheless, even succumb to the idea that there are Just causes for taking life. You imply that New Age is tolerant and respectful, yet you criticize others and promote fear of those religions. A walking contradiction.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
1) Well at least your beliefs dont call for you to kill or try to convert us. The idea that we can live together and respect each others beliefs is at the heart of new age.

Oh there was a time when both our beliefs and survival called for the killing of others, but there was no need to convert those we warred against.

Respecting other's beliefs should not involve claiming to be chosen by a particular American Indian tribe as a shaman or a spokesperson of tribal spiritual leaders.

Our respect for the New Age Movement involves not claiming to be the chosen shaman of any ancient European or eastern hemisphere spirituality.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
RiversLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisa'ka
Since there are those who seem to know about the Cherokee, here is one fanciful depiction of a Cherokee -

This is more how a Cherokee would look at the time that tribe began to acquire horses and firearms -

Hail Wisa'ka, son of the morning mist and the evening star! Srsly. I've got a question that I bet you have the answer to. Which tribe invented the concept of the dream catcher? No fair to Google it.
Not trying to hijack your thread topic, but since that picture of the girl has a dream catcher behind her, I thought I'd bug you and see if you knew.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:54 PM
TeeHee

Origin of Dreamcatcher
Old 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversLady
Hail Wisa'ka, son of the morning mist and the evening star! Srsly. I've got a question that I bet you have the answer to. Which tribe invented the concept of the dream catcher? No fair to Google it.
Not trying to hijack your thread topic, but since that picture of the girl has a dream catcher behind her, I thought I'd bug you and see if you knew.

Greetings RiversLady, watcher of small birds and grower of tasty things from her garden.

We all had dream catchers hanging from the rear view mirrors that were mounted upon our painted ponies
Old 12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
How can you make the list when you accommodate yourself only. New Agers lack enough conviction to walk across the street, nonetheless, even succumb to the idea that there are Just causes for taking life. You imply that New Age is tolerant and respectful, yet you criticize others and promote fear of those religions. A walking contradiction.
1) There are a very few justifiable reasons for killing, why would you think that i think otherwise?
2) It's not a contradiction. I'm only tolerant of peaceful religion, not violent religion or violence under the guise of religious sanctity.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Guide
Quote:
Oh there was a time when both our beliefs and survival called for the killing of others, but there was no need to convert those we warred against.

Respecting other's beliefs should not involve claiming to be chosen by a particular American Indian tribe as a shaman or a spokesperson of tribal spiritual leaders.

Our respect for the New Age Movement involves not claiming to be the chosen shaman of any ancient European or eastern hemisphere spirituality.
I know, i'm sorry about that. I've never done it. If its any consolation though its said imitation is the highest form of flattery, it's not something they are doing out of disrespect, but it is wrong.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
RiversLady

Quote:
Greetings RiversLady, watcher of small birds and grower of tasty things from her garden.

We all had dream catchers hanging from the rear view mirrors that were mounted upon our painted ponies

Hay yo! Got ya on that one:) Did you know that some of the first dream catchers were basket like contraptions? Very similar to the Celtic concept of the lobster trap "soul cages". 'later
Old 12-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversLady
Hay yo! Got ya on that one:) Did you know that some of the first dream catchers were basket like contraptions? Very similar to the Celtic concept of the lobster trap "soul cages". 'later

For you, RiversLady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf15TxTstes
Old 12-09-2012, 07:03 PM
RiversLady

Here's some ancient knowledge as told by Pocarino for ya Wisa'ka:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPB45AUmchM