Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If the placebo is as effective as the drug, the drug fails the tests. It happens sometimes.

Instead of using an isolated incident to push something (which 'alternative' measures tend to do), statistics are taken from a large number of tests which catagorically show the success rate... then research continues into the side effects and it's all documented in papers which are subject to peer review...

In the end medics save more lives than anyone else.

True Gem, but why? Maybe by looking into why something works we can create a short cut and enhance even those results.
Old 26-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In the end medics save more lives than anyone else.
You mean the same medics who also create disease at an rapid rate?
Old 27-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Master
I think allopathic medicince is very limited and is best for acute interventions (cut it, or stop the bleeding, or intubate/resuscitate etc).

The best allopathic medicine I think is in the areas of anti inflammatories and of anaesthesia and terminal pain relief. Insulin treatments and blood clotting treatments, organ replacement, etc, for specific subpopulations. Although I think "alternative" medicine will eventually prove better in all or most of these areas, including areas where damage must be repaired at the level of DNA...and by this I mean either emotional/spiritual damage or environmental or inherited damage.

In most other areas allopathic medicine is very much hit or miss.
Though, as a broadly wielded double-edged sword, lives have been extended through medications for diabetes, heart disease, blood pressure, cholesterol & the like...still, it's often a mixed bag. The best things for it are diets & lifestyles better suited to the individual, though that's not always easy or simple.

Particularly for chronic conditions, for nerve damage, for mental illness, for cancers, for many heart conditions, for other autoimmune related diseases (lupus, arthritis, allergies, aids)...it is of very limited help, or of inconsistent effect etc...

It is here especially that alternative medicines offer treatments that can be far more effective, targeted, and subtle in treatment with far fewer and less damaging side effects than allopathic medicine.

Holistic treatments such as ayurveda/traditional herbals & dietary treatments, traditional chinese medicine & accupuncture, and energy healing (ideally focusing on all chakras and energy meridians in addition to the particular illness/imbalance presenting)....have all been extremely effective in helping many over the millenia.

I personally have been helped by accupuncture regarding nerve damage after a caesarean section. And within 30 days, feeling began to return to internal muscles over the incision. Within a few months, complete normality of feeling & movement, after many months of no change whatsoever. Same with an ear infection where suddenly all hearing was gone. After multiple western docs said...sorry we have no idea...jusst 3 long weeks on some nasty tasting freshly made capsules from the chinese doc...and there you go.

Since then, I've gotten even more heavily into energy healing, which very often deals with the really pervasive illnesses that involve the body-mind-heart-spirit connection, where all of these often must be dealt with at some point in order for healing to begin. And where ideally the patient is engaged and involved in the healing. Or at least, aware of it...to start.

But despite all that, if the patient can only go so far, or if there are larger issues that they cannot confront, you may run up against the God wall. For all that you yourself are only working with energy, or Spirit.
The God wall is that place where patient and Source must ultimately negotiate. Not as in bargain but as in find their way in that particular life.

Sometimes I think of the Time Traveller and his wife.
No matter how he tried, it was just the time that was chosen for her to go. Anything short of that, though, we can work with...

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 27-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Master
I like it that traditional allopathic medicine is now calling natural treatments "complementary" rather than "alternative".

Xan

Old 27-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I like it that traditional allopathic medicine is now calling natural treatments "complementary" rather than "alternative".

Xan

Yes...that is interesting, isn't it?
That is progress indeed.

One day, the allopathic will perhaps be called...acute intervention medicine (AIM) for bone setting, tube tying, cyst or organ removal, and so forth...

...as in you pays the AIM doctors and you takes your chances
whilst for their part, they take aim, and they either hit or miss !!!

peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 27-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Master
Yes... Another approach I like is in Really traditional medicine when doctors worked to keep their people healthy, rather than waiting until things went wrong and trying to fix it. I read that, in the old way of Chinese medicine, if a person got sick they didn't have to pay.

Xan

Old 27-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
True Gem, but why? Maybe by looking into why something works we can create a short cut and enhance even those results.

I'm sure you'll find that doctors recognize the benefits of a positive attitude, healthy diet, physical therapies, relaxation already.

You don't take your broken legs to the crystal healer, and you don't take the maleria sufferer to the aromatherapy room.

If you have some small concern, then sure, some comfort is nice while it runs its natural course.
Old 27-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
You mean the same medics who also create disease at an rapid rate?

You mean virus and bacteria become resistant to drugs, I think. Like those 'superbugs', eg. golden staph
Old 27-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Master
I'm sure you'll find that doctors recognize the benefits of a positive attitude, healthy diet, physical therapies, relaxation already.

Realistically, some doctors recommend things like this but often they give you the minimal few minutes of diagnosis and prescription.

The people who have above average ways of living and solving health issues generally explore the options for themselves, which may include allopathic and non-allopathic approaches. The self-educated patient comes out best in the long run.

Xan

Old 28-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Realistically, some doctors recommend things like this but often they give you the minimal few minutes of diagnosis and prescription.

The people who have above average ways of living and solving health issues generally explore the options for themselves, which may include allopathic and non-allopathic approaches. The self-educated patient comes out best in the long run.

Xan

I know people tend to push their own agendas, and would use an isolated incident to dress it up, so in the end a healing tool isn't a cure all, but a doctor can give you the drug that cures maleria, and if you want research that drug and be educated about it, fine... but you don't know as much as a doctor, and your doctor has healed far more people than you have.