Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-04-2023, 01:09 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Yes but wouldn't you need a 'Check List ' like the one St Peter has at the Pearly Gates to work out who fits the criteria of the 1%. ?
What movie is that from? Its not from the bible.
Old 11-04-2023, 01:21 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
[Originally Posted by keiw1
Jesus was clear at Matt 7:21--ONLY those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom.]

The Kingdom of God is within - a new level of awareness

"A door opens in the center of our being and we seem to fall through it into immense depths which, although they are infinite, are all accessible to us; all eternity seems to have become ours in this one placid and breathless contact,
You feel as if you were at last fully born"
Thomas Merton.

Jesus taught us to pray--Thy(Father) kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven--Its a real rulership that will never end-Dan 2:44)- Lead by Gods appointed king--a kingship is like a ruling govt( in mortal sense)
Old 11-04-2023, 07:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Jesus taught us to pray--Thy(Father) kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven--Its a real rulership that will never end-Dan 2:44)- Lead by Gods appointed king--a kingship is like a ruling govt( in mortal sense)

Yes I noticed the NWT has a different version of the Lords Prayer.
The Kingdom of God is within as Jesus stated.....
When our Hearts and Mind are connected to our true self we are in Heaven.... heaven on earth....
imo only.
Old 11-04-2023, 07:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
What movie is that from? Its not from the bible.

Not everything in my life comes from the Bible.
Old 11-04-2023, 08:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Yes but wouldn't you need a 'Check List ' like the one St Peter has at the Pearly Gates to work out who fits the criteria of the 1%. ?

That scene which maybe is from a movie or somewhere else is kind of funny when you think about it. Imagine standing at the entrance to heaven deciding who is going in or elsewhere all day and night.

What kind of life is that? That person, St Peter or whoever, is not even enjoying heaven or in heaven themselves. They are stuck at the gate judging people all day. Jesus said to not judge people. Sounds horrible. Do they get a break? Is there a long line of souls there all the time waiting in the line. Do they get impatient and say hurry up I've been in this line for hours!

The images and scenes of heaven from old movies are pretty funny actually. But then according to the bible something or someone is deciding who is saved and who is not. Who ends up in heaven or not. Who would that be? Some may say God, but then again, that sounds like drudgery and a boring job and I can't imagine a God spending their time doing such a thing. Jesus said he did not judge so he would not be involved.

It is a crazy question when you think about it. Who or what determines where we go after we die? Even if there is the "tunnel of light" that many describe who are briefly dead then come back, is it the same tunnel for all going to the same place? Then when we arrive at this place where do we go next? Who decides such things? Some mediums say we in soul groups or hang out with the same group in other words. Do we have to go there? So many unknowns.
Old 11-04-2023, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
That scene which maybe is from a movie or somewhere else is kind of funny when you think about it. Imagine standing at the entrance to heaven deciding who is going in or elsewhere all day and night.

I hope Peters Pencil Lead doesn’t run out when I'm next in the queue, He won't be able to check me in
Old 11-04-2023, 09:51 AM
Master

I was thinking about religion the other day and thought:

As John Lennon said, Imagine there’s no religion.

I feel that if we didn’t have religion there would be less wars, less terrorists, less hatred, less fear, less feelings of separation, less heartache for some couples, less feelings of superiority/inferiority, and less exclusion of others.

Maybe it would be a good idea for Spirituality to be taught to kids in school and not religion.
Old 11-04-2023, 02:39 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

Maybe it would be a good idea for Spirituality to be taught to kids in school and not religion.

Redchic12,

Theoretically it sounds good but I fear the teaching itself would ruin it….invariably introducing right and wrong and the creative aspect dies…..can one effectively teach students to be the next Mozart or Rembrandt ?
Old 11-04-2023, 03:09 PM
Master

Molelearner. Spirituality is taught in the Steiner School system and has had great success. I think it is also taught in the Montessori School system as well.

Also why do you think the teaching of spirituality would ruin it?

Surely it’s not about producing A Mozart or anything vaguely similar it’s just about teaching kids about loving kindness, considering others, empathy, compassion and maybe a loving creator. Perhaps even some easy meditation thrown in for them to connect with their higher self. Not to mention being accepting of others. Also they could be taught a more modern version of the Ten Commandments but not based on any religion cos let’s face it every religion has some version of the commandments but it is called something else.

Just some,of my thoughts.

I’m sure if some great minds got together something good successful could be achieved.

Keiw1. I feel that you seem to quote a lot of the bible stuff but I’m not hearing what it is that YOU are feeling deep down in your heart about spiritual things and what you have personally experienced. Referring to the bible, anyone can do this to justify their opinions. But it doesn’t say anything about YOU IMO. It would be very interesting to hear your thoughts, feelings and experiences about spiritual matters without any bible quotes. Is it possible for you to do this?

SKY. I love your comments and especially your sense of humour!
Old 11-04-2023, 04:20 PM
Molearner

[quote=

Also why do you think the teaching of spirituality would ruin it?

. Also they could be taught a more modern version of the Ten Commandments ![/QUOTE]

For the reason I stated…..the appearance of right and wrong enforces duality….which for me is the death of spirituality.

In regards to the Ten Commandments, I agree, not a modern version but an enlightened interpretation. Every year I offer my understanding but I have never gotten a response or comment….hahaha 😊😊. I think it should be regarded as the 10 promises. All the ‘shall s’ imply a future event. Because it is patently obvious that this never happens in earthly life it implies the afterlife we call heaven. God cannot lie….instead He promises salvation and new and eternal life. Unfortunately this is embedded as commandments and leads to the constant acceptance of fear as an integral teaching of many ‘Christian’s’……..