Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-02-2022, 05:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Spirit decides how he/she will appear. I've had Spirits who were aborted appear as young boys, young boys appear as adults and aged adults appear as around thirty-five years old. How an individual Spirit appears is also a part of the message.
As you've quoted me in your response I'll point out this is what I remarked earlier. The spirit chooses how best to present herself/himself to a clairvoyant medium in order that an intended recipient can identify her/him.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I couldn't do a mediumship session inside a noisy MRI machine, although I dare say there are better ways that science might be able to study a medium's working brain. I doubt the contrast would help their brains either, people are told to stay put for a while in case there are reactions.

I would expect many/most mediums would find it very hard to connect with a spirit communicator in an fMRI machine, again as I remarked earlier.

Contrast agents such as Gadolinium are injected to give better contrast when assessing tumors etc. The dye is more a risk to the kidneys than to the brain because they have to process the dye prior to excretion.

Maybe different functional scanning will be developed one day that doesn't involve the extreme noise of an MRI machine. Maybe then a medium's brain might be observed to see which areas light up.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:34 AM
Deactivated Account
What spirit individuals look like is the province of clairvoyant mediums who describe their communicator to a sitter as one piece of evidence of identity and hence their loved one's survival.

Although a medium may describe 'seeing' the spirit in a similar way to how they see incarnates the spirit isn't being seen exactly similarly to the way material objects or people in this dimension are seen. The amount of light in a room, for example, doesn't make it easier or harder for a clairvoyant medium to see a spirit because the spirit isn't being illuminated by visible light.

Full-form materialisations and transfiguration are examples of spirit individuals who can be seen by regular observers using their eyes.

Sensitives and psychics discern spirits in a similar way to mediums and these may be various kinds of non-human spirits.
Old 06-02-2022, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote: "Full-form materialisations and transfiguration are examples of spirit individuals who can be seen by regular observers using their eyes.

Sensitives and psychics discern spirits in a similar way to mediums and these may be various kinds of non-human spirits."

From my perspective, what you are talking about can also be accomplished by hypnosis. There have even been some people who have become Mediums after studying/practicing hypnosis. How do you distinguish the two 'variations' or are they one in the same?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-02-2022, 09:45 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
As you've quoted me in your response I'll point out this is what I remarked earlier. The spirit chooses how best to present herself/himself to a clairvoyant medium in order that an intended recipient can identify her/him.
Interestingly I said that too and used the quote "All Spirit is thirty-five years old" as a non-literal saying to convey meaning.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:54 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
Yes your right so they can indeed materilise as anyone........ (They dont materise much though I think because they know it scares people im not sure)
The bottom line is that all we have to go on is speculation, nobody really knows what Spirit looks like and I doubt we ever could see/perceive the 'true form' of Spirit. Does Spirit even have a form we could perceive?

The understanding here is "How Spirit appears," and not how Spirit actually is. When everything else is paired away, Spirit is conveying consciousness.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Contrast agents such as Gadolinium are injected to give better contrast when assessing tumors etc. The dye is more a risk to the kidneys than to the brain because they have to process the dye prior to excretion.
That damned stuff puts my head in a spin for a while and if my head is sideways, messages aren't getting through.

It's known that Spirituality and schizophrenia light up the same areas of the brain, which is interesting. And since Spiritual information, beliefs, perceptions etc are processed by the brain.....
Old 06-02-2022, 10:53 AM
hazada guess

It's known that Spirituality and schizophrenia light up the same areas of the brain, which is interesting. And since Spiritual information, beliefs, perceptions etc are processed by the brain.....

Quote from Greenslade.

Thank,s Greenslade,just as I thought.Which goes with my theory that schizophrenics are more in tune with spirits and not mentally unstable.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:44 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Thank,s Greenslade,just as I thought.Which goes with my theory that schizophrenics are more in tune with spirits and not mentally unstable.
That's actually a pretty good theory, and since I used to work in mental health and am dissociative because of severe child abuse...... It's very easy for dissociative/schizophrenic people to be "We are not our thoughts" because - to keep it perhaps too simple - they don't have the same grounding in their Jungian egos. When your perspective is that 'there are two of us in here' there is no definitive centre of the field of consciousness - it's a bit like being in two places at the same time. Or walking in two worlds. It's easy to be both human and Spirit at the same time. People with mental health issues generally tend to be more 'in tune' with themselves and that facilitates a more profound self-awareness, when people are 'normal' they tend to take sanity for granted. Not conducive to Spirituality.
Old 06-02-2022, 02:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
It's known that Spirituality and schizophrenia light up the same areas of the brain, which is interesting.
What do you mean by "spirituality" in this regard?