Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-06-2021, 01:47 PM
Master
QUOTE 56 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
Create rules for 'all activities' but not bound to rules..

Well put.
Old 22-06-2021, 01:51 PM
Master
QUOTE 54 EXCERPT:

Quote:
In this dream, the 'One' dreams itself as many and the many acknowledge itself as an Individual and creates the concept of Subject and Object". Viswa

The Tibetan Yogi Milarepa mastered the art of lucid dreaming whereby he could easily shift attention from the dream-object to the dreamer. He then noted that one could similarly shift attention from the so-called "waking individual" ( ) who is not really "awake" to the 'One' from which this dream has sprung.

Question for you: Is the "One" who dreams itself as many ... the dream-object of another "One" (hierarchical implications)?
Old 22-06-2021, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Stillwaters , thanks for ur feedback. I appreciate your understanding n context.

I love your posts and definitely pay attention to the different perspectives.
Old 22-06-2021, 01:57 PM
Master
QUOTE 58 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Dreams are the unconscious trying to 'send a message' to the conscious.

There seem to be various types of dreams with one of them being "the unconscious trying to 'send a message' to the conscious".

There are also dreams that are very obvious and conscious.

Then there are other dream-like visionary experiences that could also be called revelations that are even deeper.

This is an interesting point that you have raised.
Old 22-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 54 EXCERPT:

Question for you: Is the "One" who dreams itself as many ... the dream-object of another "One" (hierarchical implications)?

Thanks for "quantum questions".It's quite mind-opening.

And sorry, I can't reply to this question. I'm just a beginner and not up-to 'that' level in "spirituality and duality" to present my view.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Viswa : 23-06-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old 23-06-2021, 05:02 PM
Master
QUOTE 64 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Thanks for "quantum questions".It's quite mind-opening.

And sorry, I can't reply to this question. I'm just a beginner and not up-to 'that' level in "spirituality and duality" to present my view.

Although you identify yourself as "just a beginner", your posts clearly have more depth than most people who identify themselves as beginners.

In any case, I noticed that I had not provided a link to the book "Quantum Questions" which I had recommended to you. Here's the link.

https://www.shambhala.com/quantum-questions-1226.html
Old 24-06-2021, 12:18 AM
Viswa

Quote:
QUOTE 64 EXCERPT:
Although you identify yourself as "just a beginner", your posts clearly have more depth than most people who identify themselves as beginners.

In any case, I noticed that I had not provided a link to the book "Quantum Questions" which I had recommended to you. Here's the link.

https://www.shambhala.com/quantum-questions-1226.html
I got the PDF by google search earlier. Thanks...

Well...I'm just 24. I don't have any "personal Experience". Whatever I say is just "mixing many things" and "Parroting".

Even, I don't know how to speak with People and adhere to guidelines. In some forums, I'm thrown away and restricted to enter too...People don't like to interact with me. It's only because of me. I did some 'stupid and nonsense' stuffs - because of which people hated me. I regret of such and tried to give a fresh start by speaking 'related things' only in 'related place' but not all. But, you know... People's "Respect" once lost is lost. I have to go through this.

I have to self-inquire more regarding this (to change my behavior and to never happen such 'stupid' stuff again) and also thought to 'speak' about 'spirituality' only after some "own experience". (Bcz Buddha,etc... had spoke those 'teachings' - only after they 'realized').

So, Thanks...

Last edited by Viswa : 24-06-2021 at 02:34 AM.
Old 24-06-2021, 07:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
QUOTE 58 EXCERPT:There seem to be various types of dreams with one of them being "the unconscious trying to 'send a message' to the conscious".
There are also dreams that are very obvious and conscious.
Then there are other dream-like visionary experiences that could also be called revelations that are even deeper.
This is an interesting point that you have raised.
The problem is that the conscious is given the priority to the exclusion of all else, but that's a long way from what's actually going on. What's not so well known is the interaction between the conscious and the unconscious at any given moment, and that the unconscious is some 90-95% of your consciousness. With some it may be even more.

The 'seemingly nowhere' that realisations and revelations come from is the unconscious processing that the consciousness becomes aware of.

Quote:
The dream is the unconscious communicating with the unconscious and it could be argued that the dreamer - which actually the ego - is itself a dream. Anyway, to keep it simple..... Both the conscious and the unconscious is the One of the self, and the self is Atman and therefore therefore the One of Brahman.
Old 24-06-2021, 12:11 PM
Master
QUOTE 67 EXCERPT:

Quote:

I have to self-inquire more regarding this (to change my behavior and to never happen such 'stupid' stuff again) and also thought to 'speak' about 'spirituality' only after some "own experience". (Bcz Buddha,etc... had spoke those 'teachings' - only after they 'realized').

I can sense the emergence of wisdom just by reading what you wrote.

I also learned a lot by questioning even before having some "own experience" and then meditating on it .. which invariably led to the "own experience".

I am glad that you are here.
Old 24-06-2021, 12:21 PM
Master
QUOTE 68 EXCERPT:

Quote:
The problem is that the conscious is given the priority to the exclusion of all else ...

That was indeed my experience as well. In observing dreams, it seemed that INITIALLY it is the more obvious mundane stuff that triggers most dreams quite naturally and, as they are addressed, the more subtle (unconscious) starts to emerge. I'm not sure if I would say that "the conscious is given the priority" over the unconscious. However, as you duly noted , it has been my experiences that the conscious was more evident in dreams in the very beginning of the process.

Quote:
Both the conscious and the unconscious is the One of the self, and the self is Atman and therefore therefore the One of Brahman.

This does not really address the point that I was raising so let me try to ask the question differently in order to clarify. Using your terminology with which I am very comfortable, does the Brahman "become" many Atman ... and does each Atman similarly spawn many ... and so it continues? It is obvious that the dreamer does spawn an entire dream universe ... but what is the Big Picture that encompasses more than just the end-points?

Tiellard de Chardin saw a matrix (hierarchical and vertical). The Yoga Vashistha (Lila and the King story) suggests parallel universes and "time within time within time" (almost like the movie "Inception"). My own spiritual mentor indicated that she could navigate "one level back" but there were challenges with sustaining navigation in the next level. My own meditations seem to indicate that this is the nature of the Reality.