Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-11-2020, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Exactly, as I said and Jo who's obviously a JW, two separate movement's
so what you are saying, what I wrote has no bearing on the matter, is that correct?

Actually, there is no reason for you to reply........
Waste of time.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-11-2020, 03:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Not true?

William Miller was one of the first to bring forth a 'new' religion from what Charles Finney called the Burned-over District and it was named the Miller[ites].

The Seventh Day Adventist was an off-shot of the Millerites.

Charles Taze Russell and his Father in 1870 began studying literature from George Stetson and George Storrs. George Storrs was involved with the Millerites. His interest got perked up after reading a pamphlet by Henry Grew which claimed the Trinity, Hell, and a few other things were false doctrines.

In 1876, Charles Taze Russell started looking at material put out by a Seventh Day Adventist publisher, Nelson Barbour. Their relationship flourished to the point Charles Taze Russell liquidated his assets and continued with his studies and understanding of the Bible. Later, the two men departed ways and Russell started the magazine "Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence". As for Russell, he was the main person behind the modern day movement known today as Jehovah's Witnesses.

you're right concerning the magazine. he was leading to showing people that by doing research, he found many religious teachings were false. these people became known as Bible students. when he died, Jehovah God had others to finish what was started. we took on the Name Jehovah's Witnesses ,by means of Holy Spirit during a convention. by the way, Bro. Rutherford who when he was a young Lawyer, was an atheist. though Rutherford announce the new Name. you're right Jehovah used Bro. Russell to get the ball rolling.
Old 28-11-2020, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
you're right concerning the magazine. he was leading to showing people that by doing research, he found many religious teachings were false. these people became known as Bible students. when he died, Jehovah God had others to finish what was started. we took on the Name Jehovah's Witnesses ,by means of Holy Spirit during a convention. by the way, Bro. Rutherford who when he was a young Lawyer, was an atheist. though Rutherford announce the new Name. you're right Jehovah used Bro. Russell to get the ball rolling.

Thanks very much for your kind words.

Russell was use to get the ball rolling but I suspect there were a lot of 'flame holders' who carried the 'torch' for the last 2 millenniums.

In Charles Finney's 'Burned over District', a lot of beliefs emerged from that area. Modern Day Jehovah's Witnesses was one of the last to emerge.

Another one was modern day Spiritualism which some authors claim was interwoven with the Women's Movement.

One group I was fascinated with was the 'communist' group called the Oneida Community.

And then, we can not forget the Mormons. I visited that area once and was amazed they had a replica of Joseph Smiths home. I told the tour guides I found it odd that they left the bark on the logs that faced inward to the house (great way for a bug infestation). As I examined the fireplace, I asked them what is that contraption in front of the fireplace. The tour guides did not know but I did. I had seen it in cooking books of the 1800's. During that time period, there were no designated rooms known as a kitchen. The contraception I saw in front of the fireplace was called....... a kitchen!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-11-2020, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

' he found many religious teachings were false '

When ' He found ' many Religious teachings were false I think the truth was that He personally ' Thought ' many were false which obviously was based on His perception of Scripture's and how we all interpretate differently.....
Old 28-11-2020, 08:24 PM
Master
As the Second Great Awakening came about, many began questioning certain Church teachings. In many cases, what they found out was what the Church taught and what the Bible taught on a particular subject, were polarized.

Russel was one man who started a movement to question and examine what the scriptures actually does say. This was not nothing new. For example, Martin Luther was one who challenged many of the Church's teaching.

For example, is tithing a Christian practice. An examination of the scriptures will provide a definitive answer.

Old 29-11-2020, 10:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelytony22
The Bible gives an account of Angels who abandoned their natural states to have sex with women because they found them attractive. Women are one of the most beautiful things in nature. However, they could also be dangerous; like Delilah. It's surprising how Angels could fall because of women.

"That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they*were*fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose" (Genesis 6:2).

Their action was disobedience to God. Disobedience is something that God detests. Just like how He punished King Saul for disobeying Him so as He has reserved a day to punish those Angels.

The offspring called Nephilim grew up to become Giants on earth. Sin also increased..

Nephilim(Genesis 6:4, Numbers 13:33) were the offspring of “the sons of God” and the “daughters of men.”

God has said it: He wouldn't let sin go unpunished .

"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day" (Jude 1:6).

We must learn how to be obedient to God. As the saying goes "Obedience is better than sacrifice."

Your statement of Angels copulating with human beings doesn't align with the scripture you shared. The Scripture says 'Sons of God' and not 'Angels'.

Who are the Sons of God? The first chapter speaks of the Light giving humans the right to be called 'Sons of God'. A Son of God is therefore a human that has had contact with the True Light, and are able to exercise the powers and abilities inherent in that Light.

When such a one filled and transformed with the essence of the Light comes down to a human who hasn't had contact with the Light, the power of this essence (which is beyond nature) exerts force and change outside natural laws, and we see natural laws being defied, or rather, a higher law pressing down on a lower law.

Angels are incapable of sex, as they do not have any organ system that can conform to natural sexual patterns of natural bodies, whether human or animal. Angels are made up of Light. They are Light beings. Imagine that Light entering your cookie, lol!

The Sons of God are merely humans who have had contact with the Light. We see human beings who have had contact with the underlying force of nature, invoking it and raising it up all through the spine, and when they have sex its totally something else... What more those who have touched the Light?
Old 29-11-2020, 02:10 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Your statement of Angels copulating with human beings doesn't align with the scripture you shared. The Scripture says 'Sons of God' and not 'Angels'.

Who are the Sons of God? The first chapter speaks of the Light giving humans the right to be called 'Sons of God'. A Son of God is therefore a human that has had contact with the True Light, and are able to exercise the powers and abilities inherent in that Light.

When such a one filled and transformed with the essence of the Light comes down to a human who hasn't had contact with the Light, the power of this essence (which is beyond nature) exerts force and change outside natural laws, and we see natural laws being defied, or rather, a higher law pressing down on a lower law.

Angels are incapable of sex, as they do not have any organ system that can conform to natural sexual patterns of natural bodies, whether human or animal. Angels are made up of Light. They are Light beings. Imagine that Light entering your cookie, lol!

The Sons of God are merely humans who have had contact with the Light. We see human beings who have had contact with the underlying force of nature, invoking it and raising it up all through the spine, and when they have sex its totally something else... What more those who have touched the Light?
This was very good. I'm gonna 'follow' you around.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-11-2020, 02:35 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This was very good. I'm gonna 'follow' you around.

Uh-oh, double secret probation?
Old 29-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Uh-oh, double secret probation?
Well, now it's not secret!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-12-2020, 05:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(It never crossed my mind What is Light loving Darkness, tho.)
Interesting, Dan.

Thanks,

Have you ever noticed how the human mind wants to understand things in serial way ?

Serial means one thing after another - just like numbers. Number 1 comes before number 2, number 2 comes before number 3, number 3 comes before number 4.

In fact, human mind likes that 1 be first, then that 2 shall follow, then 3, then 4 etc etc etc.

And usually it refuses to understand the 2'nd if there is/was no first. Sometime it demands that there is 1st 1st, before it goes to understand the 'next'.

Light loving Darkness:This i have explained already. It is just like with the dimmer switch. But the hard part in explaining comes, when you start looking at light and darkness as if one is Life and the other death.
Where is the dimmer switch in life and death ? And yet, that is what happens when the Light starts loving darkness. The Light is lowered in it's intensity until 'death' occurs. But there is no 'death' for the Light can not 'die'.

Understanding is the key, and you can assign Life (*1) as a Thought.

If you assign Light with a Thought, and Thoughts of life with Life, then you know what brings death (to the body, not to the spirit, because spirit is a thought *1 of God, and a body is a thought of spirit).

The problem is/was that
1. Spirit was first.
2. Body came after.
3. Confusion of Spirit and Body.

Only if 3 happened, was it necessary to learn what Light is and what darkness was.
Now, for the mind to understand, it is necessary to go backwards:

3. becomes 1, 2 stays 2, and 1 will become 3, until it becomes the one and the only. *2

This is as far as the understanding can explain it. In God, the darkness can not be Understood, for God creates by understanding, and his understanding is changeless. (this is why the light can not die, if you assign his Understanding with light.)

Thanks for reading.

Footnote:
*1 thought can be understood as Light, and Light as spirit, and Light as Life.

*2 referring to the
1. Spirit was first.
2. Body came after.
3. Confusion of Spirit and Body. (p.s. added few points to explain master and slave thing better.)
4. Confusion of Thoughts of Spirit with Thoughts of the Body.
5. Confusion of Master and Slave (i added this here because the mind likes serial things, and it is only a slave to the spirit - not the other way around)
(Slave and Master, or in other/better words: Follower and Leader)