Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-04-2020, 07:18 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

There is no mention of the word "genocide" when you put it in the text search in the Bible.

The meaning of the word Genocide is :

The deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Lynn

Wiki says.
A term coined by Raphael Lemkin in his 1944 book Axis Rule in Occupied Europe

The term did not exist in the ancient world.

Regards
DL
Old 13-04-2020, 07:22 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Sometimes we only see what we want to see.

Truer word were never spoken, --- about the religious.

Never about Gnostic Christians as we are esoteric ecumenists.

Regards
DL
Old 13-04-2020, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
In the law of Moses the divine command for God’s people to “show them no mercy” (Deuteronomy 7:2) and to “kill everything that breathes” (Deuteronomy 20:16).

Genocide in (Joshua 1-12 )

Wilderness Slaughter (Exodus 32)

Drowning Pharaoh’s Army (Exodus 14)

And what would you call Noah's Flood if not Genocide. It definitely wasn't a Swimming Lesson.

Lets see:

Deuteronomy 7: The Hebrews were returning to their homeland. The Hebrews were promised by God that they would return and occupy their land. The squatters knew this. The squatters could have moved but didn't. You claim this is an example of genocide but it isn't. The same applies to Deuteronomy 20:

As for Joshua 1-12, the Hebrews were still returning to their homeland. Not a case of genocide.

Exodus 32 deals with the Hebrews making a golden calf. They knew it was wrong. Moses said those who are for the Lord's side are to come to him. Those who opposed God were slaughtered. In this case, the ones who got killed made their choice. They did not want to obey God and they consequently had to pay the punishment.

Drowning Pharaoh's Army (Exodus 14). If Pharaoh's Army was able to intercept the fleeing Hebrews, they would have killed each and every one of them. Pharaoh knew to pursue the Hebrews was wrong. God intervened and saved the Hebrews.

Noah's Flood. The people were forewarned and refused to change their ways. The people were told what God would do but they would not listen. This was not a case of genocide.

An example of genocide is when Pol Pot's people would make somebody kneel and they would shoot them in the back of the head. The person who got killed, their crime was for being an intellectual, etc.

An example that is not of a genocide is when a government punishes a person for committing certain crimes. If the crime is severe, some countries will even execute the person.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-04-2020, 07:59 PM
Master
Lynn, good point about genocide.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-04-2020, 08:14 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I often wonder what good to Humanity is Bi-location or Levitation, I can't see any myself.
I suppose it may come in useful for an individual human being, but as for humanity bi-location could create more problems then it is worth. As far as miraculous abilities and acts of any sort go, one has to wonder at to the purpose.
I suppose to some extent it matters as to which Jesus people want to meet. Do they want to meet a Jesus who will save them from suffering and evil with his powers, or do they want to meet a Jesus who will show them how to save themselves from their own ignorance and the suffering it leads to?
Old 13-04-2020, 08:23 PM
Master
ketzer,
Bi-location and Levitation would probably fall in the category as gifts from Spirit.

The woman I spoke about was able to Bi-locate in the early 1600's to the SW part of the USA. At first, the Indians used her for target practice but as time went by, she was able to converse in their own languages and brought them gifts. Her fellow nuns claimed she would do this in her cell while levitating.

Old 13-04-2020, 11:40 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

Once again I am here "Babysitting" TWO of you it stops now. Agree to disagree and move on. I have to come back here again and bring you back on topic then its done.

I remind you that the Bible has both God and Satan in it. The Fallen Angel is a part of the Christian Bible I remember well from Sunday School days. The book of Revelations. So be have or Satan might just show "her" face in here.

Lynn
SF Admin

Have you met Christ?
Old 13-04-2020, 11:45 PM
Master
As for having met Christ:

This woman was known as the Lady in Blue which some claim was really Mother Mary must have had an interesting relationship with Christ.

She also has been credited with bringing Mother Mary to the forefront in Catholicism.

Old 14-04-2020, 01:20 AM
Pathfinder

I have heard Him from the Gospels. Partaken the Word.

No. I did not get shelter/relief/bliss. I am only painfully aware of my unworthiness. The Love that I lack. Other than the times I have a drive to repent, I just want to avoid Him.

While I have some success in shedding personal hatred, anger ...I have not been able to instill/grow in love.
Old 14-04-2020, 01:50 AM
Experiencer

I am blessed to say I have. I started reading the Bible about 9 years ago, and I started with the New Testament because I was told that it was easier to read. I finished that, then read the Old Testament. On 11/11/19, I finished reading the entire Bible.

So that night, I decided to continue reading the New Testament again. As I was reading Matthew, I felt a super intense energy whenever I read words spoken by Jesus, and I knew for a fact that that was him.