Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-02-2022, 05:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
None of this discussion is about God, it's about ourselves.
Maybe it is. I know it's easy not to feel this but...... what are expectation. Obviously both. Does God communicate and what would that be like? Would that communication be loud, demanding, and insistent or maybe more spiritual like, like shamanism, channeling, spiritualism, mediumship (shifting). Are these experiences taking place or about ourselves, not about anything, being from nowhere. Consciousness not existing. Casting stones.

What is our expectation of God and consciousness. I was told the voice of God is quiet and soft and persistent. It's just there actually found in quietness and heard the loudest. I cannot say it is wrong. Obvious the word is is the question. Is is so linear and binding. In fact what goes on now is quite different then punishing and wrathful. Certainly every observation shows God allows (anything). It's like Gods not there.

But does God shout in your ear, stop it and you'd do or would do it 100%..lol. Obviously God works through consciousness and we'd think it was a thought immediately subjective. Experience has shown my voice the demanding one, over and above the loudest, the only one, always argued.

If the mind is active, and it is allowed to, will drown any voice. We create our own reality. Are we out of touch and we create it. If the mind is active it needs to quieted. People of the past claimed knowledge and it is too bad we can never speak to just them, unfortunately we figure our questions eons after imo. But I can't deny they didn't know, I can't go that far, I did not have that experience. Btw, not many ever will. Still what I have found people can repress being spiritual, can repress teaching and the physical mind rules creating.

And obviously there is no punishment, no wrath, observation tells us that. Simply God does not make us do anything. Even reincarnation does not make us do anything we don't want to, even karma doesn't. There is no force that works. I don't imagine anyone would say anyone has the right to tell me what to do. Can communication from a spiritual person be confirmed by experience?

Last edited by lemex : 08-02-2022 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:34 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow

It may well be something deep with in human consciousness to have someone or a number of someones looking out for us and protecting us.
Hey Moonglow

That's the one right there - not just someone looking out for us but someone who can tick the boxes next to our needs. Sometimes we need him to bring rain to grow our crops, or look after our Loved Ones who are in his care. It seems that God is what we need him to be.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

God made man, man made religion and religion made God.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:38 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Not in a religious sense, but in the sense of that presence with in that makes us who we are. Call it what one may or not.
Just a thought.
"God is..." is not about God but how we perceive God, since God is apparently ineffable yet people still do effable anyway. So while people are so invested in "God is..." are they missing out on "God is?"
Old 08-02-2022, 06:47 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
There is a connection between the human and the larger world. It creates a climate where we are able to recognize variety in life and ourselves (potentially of course).
Very much so. This seems to be the theme that runs through so many polytheistic religions/belief systems, that there are greater connections to both ourselves, what is beyond ourselves and what is beyond that.

Science is just a different perspective of God's creation.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:49 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
For me, God is unreasonable.
"God IS," says the atheist who does God's work.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:50 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
do. Can communication from a spiritual person be confirmed by experience?

Lemex,

Not really……only the spirit can confirm the spirit. Lacking that most of us lean on the words and experiences of others…..it was right for them….nice of them to share it but it belongs to them…it was their personal experience. Earlier you asked how God could communicate with us….suggesting mediums, shamans, etc. these all suggest a go between and IMO cannot be considered personal. I would suggest that intuition might be a trustworthy source…..:)
Old 08-02-2022, 06:51 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Simply God does make us do anything.
God is because we are.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Its been a wonderful Moon Day for me Moonglow, and I feel a lot of peace
and love coming from your posts.
Thank you
Thank you for the kind words, Starman

I feel the same from you
Old 08-02-2022, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
What hasn't changed since probably the caveman days are the reasons people still believe in God and gods.
Hey Greenslade,

The reasons why people believe in god and Gods vary. Some may be out of need, some because that is what has been told, others because of an experience.

Experiencing something that can not be and/or does not need to be explain is the tricky one, suppose. It can be personal and it can inspire one to share or change his/her ways.

If it is an experience that shakes one to his/her very core, then it seems to become part of the person. One in which convinces the self and goes beyond just believing/thinking it is so.

May not even be called God, may just be something or a presence that is just there. No definition, no name, no- thing, just known to be.

Not attempting to sway anyone, just had moments in life that have shifted my whole outlook upon life. Does not relieve me of my responsibilities, just changes how I view life. Still this guy living this life.

Yes, can agree there may be a need for some. If it works for someone and gives him/her comfort, then who am I to kick the legs from under them? ( not saying you are doing this, just speaking for myself)
Old 08-02-2022, 10:06 PM
Master
Quote:
"God is..." is not about God but how we perceive God, since God is apparently ineffable yet people still do effable anyway. So while people are so invested in "God is..." are they missing out on "God is?"

Maybe some are. Over thinking it? Depends on what is meant by God is. If just is and all that is being just is, then would venture to say no one is missing out on this.

For aren’t we all experiencing What is or God is while living life?

Now what may be made of it, now there’s another can of worms.