Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-01-2024, 06:09 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
iMO a new form of god has emerged and I call it ‘materialism’…….it’s adherents are legion……:). Old age has given me a retrospect that appreciates a lost world….:)

There is hope for Europe in regards to Christianity. Sadly the USA in many ways is a place where Christianity has come to die. This slow death began to accelerate over 60 years ago. The prosperity gospel was emphasized a the material was promoted at the expense of the spiritual. The material appeal was, in reality, directed to the ‘haves’ rather than the ‘have nots’. Consequently while Europe can be commended for introducing universal health care political success here(the USA) comes via advocating low taxes. The ‘haves’ fund the ones who promise to cut taxes. The money that is saved here disproportionately goes to funding the weapons of war.

Fear and hate are great motivations for the populace…..thus, among other things, we are the most heavily armed country in the world. Mass shootings here have no comparison to the rest of the ‘developed’ world. Our bribed politicians secure their positions by defending gun rights. The evangelical church I attend has even offered instruction for the use of guns.

Now we have candidates for the highest of government offices that wish to make it law that only ‘Christian’s’ can be allowed to immigrate here. We now have an evangelical governor that has approved the legalization of chid labor….I wonder who is the beneficiary of that ? The uncomfortable parts of our history(slavery) are not allowed to be taught in certain states….if the truth hurts it will not be allowed to be mentioned. The odd thing is this: we are moving to our own version of sharia law….odd because that is a Muslim practice and they are one of the premier targets for discrimination here. There are, of course, many other targets of discrimination here. Oddly enough the most blatant discrimination is evident in the so called Bible Belt…..a stronghold of the Evangelicals.

All of this is intended as a caution in the ways that you seek to grow your churches. iMO catering to the material is counter Christian and can only bear tainted fruit……..
Old 09-01-2024, 06:52 PM
Master

I wasn't sure what else I could contribute to this thread and topic. So I consulted my spirit guide. I have not done that in a long time, but I was answered. With just one word. "Do." As in act, take initiative, push on. It wasn't very helpful regarding how, but I did find fresh motivation to keep looking.
Old 09-01-2024, 07:18 PM
Master
In my area, one thing some of the Churches do is provide food to any one, shelter, camping equipment, healings, prayer, etc.

So one day I went to McDonalds and there was this young man, nicely dressed with a big, new suitcase and some really good camping gear. To me, it looked like he was going to go on an expedition, possibly to the Himalayas. He told me a church group gave him all the stuff and that he was all set to camp outside.

He was homeless.

Sometimes...... some do not see the good some Churches do.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-01-2024, 08:24 PM
Master
Hey WhiteWarrior my new good friend - you 'have and will continue' to play an important part in this church revival thread, as have others here - just go with the flow my friend, and see what comes on here, and comes to mind to say... 50 new visitors / views since I last looked on here an hour ago - It's waggons roll on here.

Your Guide has an easy time there - I contact / chat to my Higher Self / Guides / Angel's 'my Angels' daily, many times - what you think of this / that then Angels... And if there's a problem with some stone throwing on a group or thread from fellow land beings, and a reply doesn't come to mind - I'll say what we going to do about this then my Angels - then I take time to rest my mind - gut feeling guidance / and I know what to do...

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 09-01-2024, 09:27 PM
Master
Anyone else here looking on, come and join in the Greatest Christian Church 'and other Religions' Revival Project Ever... Just come and chat, or bring a parcel with you - ideas - how to do this, to create energy in churches with many, many, smiles and teaching the Word of God...

I've been on so many multi church groups this last year 'in training' - and so many say, it was a nice service, only ten people came, but it was nice - nice isn't good enough to attract the 1000's in town who believe in spirit.

When churches start to do this the 'new way' if they want to - it 'will be slow' at first, so slow, maybe one or two new faces here and there, putting little flyers in shops can help - but when it will really get going, is when word gets around in the streets, it's good in there, then nationwide it's good in churches nowadays - the energy is amazing - and that's when it works...

And when you get back home to Heaven out there amongst the billions of galaxies 'home again' and if this gets written in history books - then you are looking down and saying I was part of that revival, I watched it happen - or you say I played a part, I was there chatting, working things out with others.

So besides the chat here, this and that - more ideas please..... How to create this energy...

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 09-01-2024, 09:40 PM
Master

Sermons being boring is... maybe part of the problem. But look at Youtube. There has to be millions of 'sermons' there, people of all sorts talking about something that interest them, and in their turn attracting millions of viewers. Imagine a sermon where the priest had the nerve to call up a handful of people who wanted to say something and let them say it. Well chosen of course. Imagine how many would come to hear 'our Jimmy, our Jane' speak about what they think angels are or something else suitable, and then the priest chips in to clarify things afterwards. It would be rowdy, but I bet the church would be full that day.
Old 09-01-2024, 09:43 PM
Experiencer
i am keeping out of this becouse i don't like what i am being here
but i leave you with these questions

the questions
is it about the church or the people
is it about religion or being open to contribute and discover to evolve
is it about bums on seats or being out their in humanity
is it about sermons or open Conversation, discussion like here
is it about teachings of the past or creating from inspiration in now
is it about try to teach god or be one with god or guide one to see their connection with god
Old 10-01-2024, 08:58 AM
Master
Good Morning from England everyone, NEW DAY - it's sad we lose one of the starting members, makes the rest of us stronger / more determined - and remember all you lovely people, you can't please everyone all of the time... No ones forcing anyone to take part, or go to church - the idea is still good, we march on... Over a 100 new views this thread overnight on SF's on this base I looked for...

New people on seats / everyone enjoys / people return / church gets successful / some smiles / laughter in amongst the main section of teaching The Word of God - and people enjoy and listen... That's the plan here in case anyone hasn't got time read my early messages on this week old now thread, and getting more people into churches, so they survive - and survive well.

No panic from spiritual headquarters early hours this morning, still on path - I'm going on my bike to town in a min reboot the body, came to mind before the up, go see your friend church caretaker, he's older than me 70 something... So any new people want to join us on here / be part of this Church Regeneration Project, exact name given to me by the Holy Spirit 2021, its taken a while to get here 'this moment' - have a good day everyone, and keep chatting as and when, and pass this page around to friends and churches - I've got more directions / signposts to get out later on FB to here.
-----
I'll just edit - this song again going through my mind as I've been contacting churches here and there the last half hour... Welcome here beautiful people - we all stand together...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVfaf43W9cM

Last edited by one-light : 10-01-2024 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2024, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex
i am keeping out of this becouse i don't like what i am being here
but i leave you with these questions

the questions
is it about the church or the people
is it about religion or being open to contribute and discover to evolve
is it about bums on seats or being out their in humanity
is it about sermons or open Conversation, discussion like here
is it about teachings of the past or creating from inspiration in now
is it about try to teach god or be one with god or guide one to see their connection with god

It is about 'balance' imo....
Old 10-01-2024, 07:19 PM
Master
Spot on sky - and free choice by churches, we just share ideas, and hopefully more will come and speak up with ideas, and eventually share some results, or what was said in church...

This is a message I've been putting on Facebook church groups here last few days everyone, If anyone wants to drop it on few posts, feel free to share.
---
Pass this around to friends and churches... There's a saving churches group on Spiritual Forums, Christianity page, sharing ideas for change to connect to those 1000's in towns who believe in spirit.

Last edited by one-light : 11-01-2024 at 09:20 AM.