Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

View Poll Results: Are you a mystic?
Yes 9 56.25%
No 1 6.25%
Don't know 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-10-2023, 01:45 AM
Molearner

Few people with esoteric or mystic knowledge share with others. After some time they realize they are not really capable of understanding the symbolic. Jesus taught in parables for a reason. Only the genuinely spiritual can be the custodians of higher knowledge. I regret many things that I have shared.
Old 21-10-2023, 05:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
a person who seeks by contemplation and self-surrender to obtain unity with or absorption into the Deity or the absolute, or who believes in the spiritual apprehension of truths that are beyond the intellect.
So are you a mystic?
Who knows? If I interpret the definition you presented: I guess I am, but then, does it matter?

The (a) part seems to resonate with me, especially when I am silent and information comes to me.

The (b) part also seems to resonate with me which seems to be dependent on the (a) part.

But then as I say, does it matter?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 21-10-2023, 07:32 AM
Master

Molearner…….” I regret many things that I have shared.”

Yes I think I know where you are coming from here.

Some of us have evolved to a certain level and some of us are at another level. Not that one is higher or lower. It’s just that one is at a DIFFERENT level and THAT is when the confusion, misunderstanding and misinterpretation arises.imo

It’s a bit like a high school kid trying to tell a primary school kid about calculus. They are just not at that level of understanding so of course they will try to avoid us and maybe laugh at us behind our backs.

I’ve learnt to shut my mouth now (well as much as I can) LOL
Old 21-10-2023, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Molearner…….” I regret many things that I have shared.”

Yes I think I know where you are coming from here.
AN5.142:6.4: ‘Venerable, the defilements born of transgression are found in you, and the defilements born of regret grow. You would do well to give up the defilements born of transgression and get rid of the defilements born of regret, and then develop the mind and wisdom.'
Old 21-10-2023, 01:37 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
AN5.142:6.4: ‘Venerable, the defilements born of transgression are found in you, and the defilements born of regret grow. You would do well to give up the defilements born of transgression and get rid of the defilements born of regret, and then develop the mind and wisdom.'
Hahaha….this is a good one….you should cite the author….you know he says that you are being defiled by repentance (regret) ?? The reverse is true….you are being cleansed……
Old 21-10-2023, 01:58 PM
Master

Interesting quote Sky.

I don’t actually ever think of defilements. But regrets, well some of them would come up in my mind occasionally but straight away I say to myself…..”hey come on gal you did the best you could given the level of consciousness that i had at the time” and then I forget about it.

Molearner. What makes you think we are being cleansed? No offence. Just interested.

No point holding on to things like regrets. I just learn from them and then move on.
Old 22-10-2023, 12:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Only the genuinely spiritual can be the custodians of higher knowledge. I regret many things that I have shared.

personally i have no such grandios ideas about sharing...

i have to balance the fear of the 'bad behavior' I'm going to get from others when I share against the desire to be vain about my own knowledge of things by sharing against what it might actually be useful for a handful of others who only might be listening to know.

mostly though I've given up on propagating ideas about 'the way things are'.
Old 22-10-2023, 07:04 AM
Master

Fallingleaves……” have to balance the fear of the 'bad behavior' I'm going to get from others when I share against the desire to be vain about my own knowledge of things by sharing against what it might actually be useful for a handful of others who only might be listening to know.”

For me personally it isn’t about FEAR in sharing. It’s more about the arguments/disagreements/anger that would follow one of my comments.

Obviously when youre on “the same page as others” the conversation is a whole different ball game and you can relax and bring up any kind of subject. However these people are few and far between in my opinion.

So I’ve learnt to read the person/s before I open my mouth lol

Quote: if you have the option of being right or being kind. Choose kind.

This works for me.
Old 22-10-2023, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Hahaha….this is a good one….you should cite the author….you know he says that you are being defiled by repentance (regret) ??

The Buddha. AN5.142:6.4.

He said the defilements ' born' of regret grow..... you've misunderstood His teaching Mo
Old 22-10-2023, 12:40 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The Buddha. AN5.142:6.4.

He said the defilements ' born' of regret grow..... you've misunderstood His teaching Mo

Yes apparently so. I interpret regret as acknowledging and realizing your error…..repenting to me. But the author seems to indicate that this repentance gives growth to sin.