Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-05-2020, 05:57 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Apparently:)

It appears. LOL!
Old 05-05-2020, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
The differences are apparent in the manifestation for all to clearly see. Non Duality is a story in the manifestation, probably a fiction made up a long time ago. That might matter to you and others who are seekers of truth. It matters not to those that are not.

What on Earth does this mean?

Peace
Old 05-05-2020, 09:04 PM
Master
[quote=Iamit]
(1) The differences are apparent in the manifestation for all to clearly see.
(2) Non Duality is a story in the manifestation, probably a fiction made up a long time ago.
(3) That might matter to you and others who are seekers of truth.
(4) It matters not to those that are not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Lemme apply logic to 'it'man's statement to see what I can see ( a la 'The Bear went over the mountain ' ditty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDVDEI32OU )

The first sentence declares/proclaims that there are 'manifest' differences.

The second sentence declares/proclaims that 'Non Duality' is just a historically 'made up' concept which is a fictional construct) in terms of Reality of our actual Being. My first reaction was 'Huh?', because I previous statements of his gave me the impression that Iamit really believed the Non Duality concept/story.

I interpret the third sentence as saying that Iamit thinks that the question of whether such 'story' was 'true' or not might be a matter of interest anyone who was really desired to know) what is and isn't really true.

The fourth sentence declares that such quest for 'truth' was irrelevant to those who didn't care one way or another whether said 'story' (Non Duality) was just a historically made up 'fiction' or was 'truly' descriptive of our Reality - he, presumably, being one such - I'm guessing because he thinks he already absolutely-objectively experiences/sees/knows what the real truth is (above and beyond any and all words, concepts, stories, beliefs, etc.) in said regard.

'Shades' of Unseeking Seeker, maybe?

How did I do with this, Your Divine Smugness?
Old 05-05-2020, 09:21 PM
Master
[quote=davidsun]
Quote:
(1) The differences are apparent in the manifestation for all to clearly see.
(2) Non Duality is a story in the manifestation, probably a fiction made up a long time ago.
(3) That might matter to you and others who are seekers of truth.
(4) It matters not to those that are not.

Lemme apply logic to 'it'man's statement to see what I can see ( a la 'The Bear went over the mountain to see what he could see' ditty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDVDEI32OU )

The first sentence declares/proclaims that there are 'manifest' differences.

The second sentence declares/proclaims that 'Non Duality' is just a historically 'made up' concept which is 'false' (i.e. fictional) in terms of Reality of our Being. My first reaction was 'Huh?', because I previous statements of his gave me the impression that Iamit really believed the Non Duality concept/story.

I interpret the third sentence as saying that Iamit thinks that the question of whether such 'story' was 'true' or not might be a matter of interest anyone who was really desired to know) what is and isn't really true.

The fourth sentence declares that such quest for 'truth' was irrelevant to those who didn't care one way or another whether said 'story' (Non Duality) was just a historically made up 'fiction' or was 'truly' descriptive of our Reality - he, presumably, being one such - I'm guessing because he thinks he already experiences/sees/knows what the real truth is (beyond any 'words') in said regard.

'Shades' of Unseeking Seeker, maybe

The fourth sentence is a continuation from the third sentence- 4. It matters not to those that are not, means it does not matter to those whom are not truth seekers.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:39 PM
Master

Quote:

Peace

It means that, for some, its resonance that matters, not belief. It is probably by the mind with an idea/concept read or heard (In this case nonduality), by those who are not concerned with whether it is true or not, so are not seeking truth. At least thats the case with most Neo Advaita.

All arises in the manifestation, including the idea of non duality and this discussion. There are no distinctions to be made in discussion as though there was somewhere else for anything to arise.

Last edited by Iamit : 05-05-2020 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:16 AM
Master

Thank you all for your elaborations. There is a lot to be said for simple clarity of expression. Further comment would probably just lead us round in circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

Not bad, old chap. Fortunately any smugness is just an aspect of the temporary personality and of little consequence. The Self is beyond all smugness.

Peace
Old 06-05-2020, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Not bad, old chap. Fortunately any smugness is just an aspect of the temporary personality and of little consequence. The Self is beyond all smugness.
just an aspect of?? ... and of little consequence ...?? YIKES, Bro!

What you 'declare' as being 'true' is a reflection of your values - your value 'judgments', not mine Bro.

Methinks that anyone who thinks that what they personally are doesn't matter because they (and others!) substantially are just as 'great' as The Self, no matter what, are delusional! This leads to their thinking they have no personal self or personal destiny to become adept at directing and thoughtfully determining. Your values are a glaring case of 'the king has no clothes on' U]absurd[/u]um - in my view-based opinion, that is.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:23 AM
Master

Thank you, David. You are welcome to your opinion.

Peace
Old 06-05-2020, 02:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you, David. You are welcome to your opinion.

Peace
My pleasure. Just as you freely share yours, you are welcome to my opinion as well.
Old 17-05-2020, 09:30 AM
JustASimpleGuy

This is a good explanation of the techniques of Vedanta and the various approaches (non-dualist, qualified monoism, dualist).

https://youtu.be/AxKYprDDE7c?t=1459

Here's the point where Neo-Vedanta is addressed.

https://youtu.be/AxKYprDDE7c?t=3134