Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-07-2011, 02:54 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

We/us/Life are the many that are also the Whole.. before the current Universal cycle, we were the Singularity, the One, Undifferentiated.. now the One experiences its existence through we/us/Life.. "God", is our inherent knowing that we are both Whole and Part, it is our motivation for realizing this understanding and actualizing it among all Parts and within the Part we are.. i use we/us/our as 'my' understanding, not to imply it should be the understanding of others..

Be well..
Old 22-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
that's okay. when one has a rigid "God" concept it can be difficult to see the POV of others.

my POV is that We manifest for the sake of Love and that Love comes in many forms. all the variation are Love and so All are "God" manifesting the Self as Love.

there really isn't much difference in our POVs but perhaps just enough difference to confuse you.

The best way to water the tree is to water the root. You can't water every leaf.

So if I love my car is that " "God" manifesting the Self as Love." ?
Old 22-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

We/us/Life are the many that are also the Whole.. before the current Universal cycle, we were the Singularity, the One, Undifferentiated.. now the One experiences its existence through we/us/Life.. "God", is our inherent knowing that we are both Whole and Part, it is our motivation for realizing this understanding and actualizing it among all Parts and within the Part we are.. i use we/us/our as 'my' understanding, not to imply it should be the understanding of others..

Be well..

I agree we are all part and parcel of God.
Old 22-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
LOL where do you think scriptures come from? they're someOne's mental speculations. just because you prefer to believe in and model your spirituality on the purported spiritual experiences of some ancient strangers doesn't make my personal spiritual experiences any less valid than yours ... or that of the ancient strangers.

If you accept the axiom that God exists then Scripture is by definition from God, not "someones mental speculations".
Old 22-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
The best way to water the tree is to water the root. You can't water every leaf.

So if I love my car is that " "God" manifesting the Self as Love." ?

the root of the tree is the Love ItSelf. when you Love you are the roots of the tree, the trunk of the tree, it's branches and twigs, it's bark, it's leaves and it's fruit. you're even the little birds nesting in the tree's branches.

LOL Love a car? sorry ... not my experience so i can't comment on Loving inanimate things.
Old 22-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
the root of the tree is the Love ItSelf. when you Love you are the roots of the tree, the trunk of the tree, it's branches and twigs, it's bark, it's leaves and it's fruit. you're even the little birds nesting in the tree's branches.

In my analogy God is root and the leaves are all the living entities. When you pour water on the root then the whole tree is nourished, but if you try to separately water each leaf (which is like trying to love each person separately) then you don't achieve much.

Romantic love may help us as stepping stone, but it is ultimately limited and unsatisfying. It can also cause a lot of pain if that is all you have and it goes wrong. It is certainly not in same category as Divine Love.

Quote:
LOL Love a car? sorry ... not my experience so i can't comment on Loving inanimate things.
I thought you said "that Love comes in many forms. all the variation are Love and so All are God". What about the love of money or other such appetites is that also God?
Old 22-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
If you accept the axiom that God exists then Scripture is by definition from God, not "someones mental speculations".

i could poeticly write down my "God" inspired experiences, proclaim a few edicts and make sweeping wise sounding generalizations and i'd have written "scripture". if in the midst of all my poetrically delivered inspired descriptives and wisdoms i draw specific spiritual conclusions and create religious rules from those conclusions that would be me "mentally speculating".
Old 22-07-2011, 03:14 PM
moke64916

Quote:
I would like to contend that the purpose of the human form of life is self-realization. What makes a human beings distinct from animals is our capability for rational thought. Human beings are meant to use our intelligence to inquire about the absolute Truth. Like who am I? who is God? why am I here? why am I suffering? etc. Animals do not have this facility.

Animals are engaged in four activities eating, sleeping, mating and defending. If as human beings our lives also revolve primarily around these four activities then we are not taking full advantage of our human form. Even our science and technology about which we are so proud are primarily to help us in these four activities. This is not the proper utilization of the human form.
Do you ever notice dogs, and how happy they are. They are being. Humans seem to be the only animals that ran away from their natural root. Being. We would be like animals if we were without all of this technology and had to survive in the wild. We have been in a technology mind revolution for a long time. I think the New age will be more about Being. That mind, Body, Spirit unification. Right now humans are ran by their egos. Creating a mind based identity of who they are. Everyone would discover who they truly are if they stay Present in the moment and stop thinking. When the mind is quite, our true self emerges. It happens in the Present moment.
Old 22-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Master
Quote:
In my analogy God is root and the leaves are all the living entities. When you pour water on the root then the whole tree is nourished, but if you try to separately water each leaf (which is like trying to love each person separately) then you don't achieve much.

Romantic love may help us as stepping stone, but it is ultimately limited and unsatisfying. It can also cause a lot of pain if that is all you have and it goes wrong. It is certainly not in same category as Divine Love.

all Love is Divine. but if you need the security of the never changing then i guess the continuous change of venues of human Love would seem very unpleasant to you.
Old 22-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
i could poeticly write down my "God" inspired experiences, proclaim a few edicts and make sweeping wise sounding generalizations and i'd have written "scripture". if in the midst of all my poetrically delivered inspired descriptives and wisdoms i draw specific spiritual conclusions and create religious rules from those conclusions that would be me "mentally speculating".

Before we accept anything as truth you have to verify it with Guru, Sadhu (saintly person) and Sastra (scripture). I don't think your "religion" would pass the test.