Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-05-2012, 11:33 AM
happyknownothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
I'll simplify it for you. The word "observing" means "measuring" in the experiment. It is a term that is adopted by many scientists. Campbell plays with the semantics in order to dupe the layman and claims that a being who consciously observes collapses reality. Nonsense.

As I explained it to you above, whether one looks at the recorded data or not is irrelevant. What he says happens does not happen because it is the measuring device that interferes with the pattern.

It is certainly true that many scientists don't win a Nobel Prize. But in this case, a man like him who claims to have a revolutionary theory of everything should already be in the limelight at least. He is not. Also, his errors are far too prominent to go unnoticed by anyone who has an inkling.

When asked for an explanation for his errors and even proposed with the suggestion that he could mend them and still save his theory (though by mending, the lack of evidence to back up his claims would diminish - it was never there in the first place!!) he refused to explain himself, became defensive and accuse us of having the "little picture" with no explanation whatsoever. He also refused to come back to the group.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not out to accuse anyone. Thomas Campbell builds his reputation all by himself. I've seen it for myself how he reacted and how he refused to acknowledge his errors without further discussion. In hindsight, they are not really "errors" - more like deliberate "lies". I have invited Campbell to argue against my suspicions and prove me wrong. this hasn't happened.

He is not Galileo or Isaac Newton. He's more like Marshall Applewhite.

I can guarantee you that he will never get a place in history. His theory is good but lacks evidence and loses credibility if a percentage of its foundations are false - especially such an intrinsic one as his portrayal the double-slit test and quantum mechanics. His theory is a fantastical one but I thought of that when I was 15 and less literate...

Anyway, I investigated and saw what he is. I don't waste my time with him any more. His catchphrase "be sceptical but open-minded" is nothing but a gimmick. If you want to swallow his bull be my guest.

Can you provide just one example of how measurement can be meaningfully said to have occurred without consciousness?
Old 15-05-2012, 12:09 PM
12padams

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyknownothing
Can you provide just one example of how measurement can be meaningfully said to have occurred without consciousness?

Maybe this discussion of Tom Campbell belongs in another thread since this is totally off topic with my ancient apology thread. I kinda want my terrible old self to be forgotten yet it keeps getting bumped with discussion not even related to the thread.

Anyway great discussion you got going so make a thread :)
Old 15-05-2012, 12:21 PM
happyknownothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12padams
Maybe this discussion of Tom Campbell belongs in another thread since this is totally off topic with my ancient apology thread. I kinda want my terrible old self to be forgotten yet it keeps getting bumped with discussion not even related to the thread.

Anyway great discussion you got going so make a thread :)

My apologies for hijacking this thread and I will now cease posting. I was just looking for clarification about a serious claim made about Tom Campbell. I have the sneaky suspicion that a new thread would be a waste of time because for Summerlander to be correct he would need to have disproved idealism – which I don’t for one second believe is possible. I’ll just leave it unless Summerladner does wish to start a thread where he produces his proof for debunking idealism.
Old 15-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Summerlander

The example is the double-slit experiment itself and how it really happens as I've mentioned before. You have to realise that what causes the interference is a physical measuring device, like a bulb, that will affect the pattern of electrons/photons. It is not whether your own eyes are observing what's going on or not. To suggest the latter, as Campbell did, is ridiculous and preposterous.

Once again, physical measuring device is what logically exerts influence. Not human observation.

Wise up. I'm done having to repeat myself. Feel free to swim in fantasy.
Old 16-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
WHAT????!!!!

Sorry...ahem... are you using string theory as evidence of an "astral 5th dimension"? That's absurd. Don't make me embarass you in front of this community like me and a friend of mine embarassed pseudo-scientist Thomas Campbell in a debate. LOL! This is somewhat familiar...

Who the heck is Thomas Campbell? And I'm sorry summerlander, but if you plan to embarass me (lol) in front of the whole community you may have come to the wrong place. We are grown ups here and have most of us have evolved to the extent where we do accept others have different opinions according to whatever they experience. I follow string theory in addition to standard physics, wow how extraordinary. So debate away, challenges are fun. However I do sincerely hope that you use your own ideas and not some plagiarized version of your friends when attempting to embarrass me. I'll try to accommodate you best I can by perhaps posting a smiley face that will blush in the process?

Thank you for your response, light to all...

"Everything that occurs—everything that has occurred, is occurring, and ever will occur—is the outward physical manifestation of your innermost thoughts, choices, ideas, and determinations regarding Who You Are and Who You Choose to Be"
CWG
Old 16-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Knower
I apologise but I tried to read this long debate of comments but there's to much de ja vu and I'm too sleepy. So I'm just replying to the original post.

The willingness to apologise and stay here shows that you are a nice person, and I like nice people. So I am apologising to you in case you ever feel like you are being alienates and feel like your thoughts can't be shared, because you accepting the values of others even though their beliefs contrast yours is fantastic and you being here sharing with us is wonderful.

I feel bad for the experience you face on your journey to what you at the time put some much belief and effort for you.

I consider myself a Increasingly spiritual person, and am trying really hard to accept others regardless of flaws or negativity. It seems you are willing to accept the beliefs of others but are no longer going to challenge them. Which is fantastic. I love the idea of people accepting the religions of others and letting them 'get on with it'. I got called stupid for collecting crystals, at first it made me angry but I converted that anger into the determination not to let it bother me. Instead I hope that the guy would eventually become more open minded or accepting.

As a member of this community I think it is important to accept others, not even for spiritual purposes. Just because it's so much EASIER, no drama, less anger, less stress and we share kindness to any being regardless of beliefs.

I'll wrap this up cause I'm waffling, I hope you find a comfort whilst your here, I hope you never receive threats or bullying from anyone here or anywhere. You seem like a lovely person, and I hope things get better for you.

(I am completely kbackered do if this posts doesn't make sense I'm sorry, Im just trying to write some positive feedback and lighten up the conversation)
Old 16-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Summerlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraStorm
Who the heck is Thomas Campbell?

Someone who spouts ** and for that reason I don't waste my time with him. Someone who would undoubtedly promote your ideas and get you on his side in an instant. With your scientific pretension he might make you a mod in his forum.

I'd advise you to refrain from passing off a theory as absolute fact - especially when you have no idea what you are talking about. There are many people watching...
Old 17-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraStorm
Who the heck is Thomas Campbell?
Tom Campbell worked with Robert Monroe back in the 70's exploring consciousness. He was part of Monroe's explorer team. Monroe taught them to go out of body and practiced it to the point where they could do it just about at will.

You can listen to their exploits here:
http://www.monroeinstitute.org/resou...plorer-series/

The audio clips labeled "TCA" are Tom Campbell's.

Fast forwarding to now... he's taken his consciousness exploration experiences and his scientific background and compiled *HIS* "Theory of Everything". He's written three books on it called "My Big Toe". I highly suggest it.

His theory is based upon his 40+ years of doing experiments in the out of body state along with solid science to back it up. But really, you'd have to read his book and/or listen to his youtube lectures to get a better understanding of it.

Here's his youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/twcjr44

I'd suggest his recent Calgary lectures. I believe they're his most up-to-date information. :)
Old 17-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Experiencer
Thanks for that Xanth, I'll look into that he seems interesting!

Summerlander: Thanks for your response. With regards to your telling me not to "pass off theory as actual fact" I think you are overstepping your bounds. What I say or post is what I believe to be true, and we are all entitled to share our own truth. This is what this community is built on, many people with many truths, ive been a part of this community for 6 years now and spiritual forums has always provided a place to share the many opinions, truths, values etc.. I appreciate that your viewpoint of science is different from mine. This is a great thing I love to hear different ideas on science. However I don't appreciate other people attempting to force their opinions on me. My viewpoint is not entirely scientific. I am a multidimensional being to the 9th dimension. I am also a Starseed. So I spend quite a lot of time in other dimensions. I have adapted my beliefs to string theory because of my experiences. I dont expect others to believe in my values opinions, or experiences but I am still entitled to share them, and share them as truth because it is in fact my truth according to MY experience. If others have different truths or opinions then they are encouraged to share them, but no person has any right force anybody or tell anybody else what to believe or write in their posts. This is a spiritual community and diversity is encouraged. We are all grown up to realize there are different opinions and instead of attacking opinions we don't agree with we put forward our own ideas instead.

Thank you

"Everything that occurs—everything that has occurred, is occurring, and ever will occur—is the outward physical manifestation of your innermost thoughts, choices, ideas, and determinations regarding Who You Are and Who You Choose to Be"
CWG
Old 17-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Summerlander

Quote:
I am a multidimensional being to the 9th dimension. I am also a Starseed. So I spend quite a lot of time in other dimensions. I have adapted my beliefs to string theory because of my experiences. I dont expect others to believe in my values opinions, or experiences but I am still entitled to share them, and share them as truth because it is in fact my truth according to MY experience.

Sure you are a multidimensional being and also a Starseed. I don't doubt that you really believe in that. I also don't expect you to change your views for me because I couldn't care less. If you feel attacked, it is not my fault either. I can understand though as anyone defending their creed would get defensive. But I seriously believe that you are limiting yourself by holding on to your reality as the absolute.

I will leave a question for you to consider here based on the fact that our brains create a model of reality according to how our sensory organs are stimulated by the external world:

Why do you so readily discard the idea that your mind is quite capable of creating entire worlds - other dimensions if you prefer - which are not actual and have no existence whatsoever but in your head?

Just an innocent question. No attack. Imagine you were being interviewed about the things you believe in and someone posed this innocent and quite reasonable question. After all, nobody believed in John Nash's reality but himself and with good reason.

I'm interested to see how you respond. If you still feel like I'm attacking you, you don't have to indulge me. I'm cool with that.

Quote:
His theory is based upon his 40+ years of doing experiments in the out of body state along with solid science to back it up. But really, you'd have to read his book and/or listen to his youtube lectures to get a better understanding of it.

"Solid science"...LOL

What? According to him?