Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-12-2020, 06:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
O T with a Chrestian footing. Christianity is a plethora of plagiarized pieces of many religions of the day. They even added their own contradictions intentionally.

The main root lies in Egypt and Sumer.

I am a Christian.

No one bashes me.

Regards
DL

Are you saying you have "more bark than bite"?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-12-2020, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Absolutely.

Testosterone gives one result while estrogen gives quite a different one.

What would you want more in a sealed room?

I am a high testosterone male by nature, but I would choose a high estrogen environment, so as to have to hurt to many of the pussy during the fights.

Regards
DL

Sounds like this is your second decline to want to talk about Asherah and why I might consider her the second most important entity that helped 'formed' Judaism.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-12-2020, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
that seems mixed up
the old testament is what the jewish religion is about i think
the new testiment is for christians is the story of jesus
ancient israelites worshiped yahweh, not christians
christians worship jesus,and the father and holy spirit
jesus called god abba or father not yahweh
i dont think anyone in the old testiment called god father like jesus did

Jesus called his Father, Father, just like how we call our Father, Father..... or some other derivative.

Jesus did not call his Father by his first name just like we don't call our Father by his first name...... well some seem to do that now a days.

In the Old Testament, people spoke predominately Hebrew whereas when Jesus was saying Abba, he was speaking Aramaic.

Old 20-12-2020, 08:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You've said this before.

I have never in my life thought so. I was raised that he was God in the flesh, but a human...Yahweh was never mentioned.
Catholic stuff.

He is Jesus - special as he is - so close to God they sure seem like one or Siamese twins...but God Himself?
Looks like it from where we stand, sure. So close, as in, God's Light and Mind encompasses Jesus, hard to separate them.
But even he always pointed to our Father....there was a reason.

When I meet Jesus on the Other Side, as many have - even atheists ---
after melting in love, next question will be, "Can we see Dad now?"

(But I come from a different place... I have read 300 NDE's for decades.)
I'm grateful we can discuss how we personally perceive God without being ' Hung, drawn and quartered '

Yes Jesus did point to His Father but He also said ' My Father and I are one '.
What do you think about these two Verses one from each Testament ?

Revelation 22:13. Jesus proclaims that He is “the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

Isaiah 44:6. "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: 'I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.
Old 20-12-2020, 10:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
christianity was formed by followers of jesus christians teaching about him
no jewish books were used in fact St. Peter taught non-jewish converts did not have to become or be jewish first before becoming christian

this later became an official christian rule
a person did not have to know anything about judism to become a christian
it was a completely different religion

Yes it is a different religion, but there's an underlying belief in the God of the OT, stretching all the way back to Genesis. Billions of people (Christians and Muslims) claim to believe in a universal god, a creator of the entire universe, but this god was a local deity and had a ''chosen people''. So it is odd, to say the least. They have to accept they and their ancestors as impure gentiles first and as subjects to a local god turned universal thanks to exploration and conversion.

Anyways... Jesus ''fulfilled'' a ''prophecy'' and it became theologically logical to make a Bible of ''OT'' and ''NT''. Then everything else followed.
Old 20-12-2020, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
To retire what was quite useful in it's day, and update to a more moral form, is always good.

When present day religions preach homophobia and misogyny, --- against the law of land in civilized lands, --- this indicates that their usefulness as they exist today, --- has vanished along with the supernatural gods.

Regards
DL

P.S.
When you apply Midrash and get into Christianity from an esoteric view it makes a lot of sense.
The whole of religious history does.

Thank you for posting that ------ particularly:

"When present day religions preach homophobia and misogyny, --- against the law of land in civilized lands, --- this indicates that their usefulness as they exist today, --- has vanished along with the supernatural gods."

Old 20-12-2020, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes Jesus did point to His Father but He also said ' My Father and I are one '.What do you think about these two Verses one from each Testament ?....
Hi. :)
I could write a lot more. Hard to keep this subject shortened!

I will say this to give you an idea where I am coming from (rather than quote others that see it as I do.)
One, it is one of the most misunderstood quotes - even if it really was one exactly.
Don't get mad at me that I do not think each word is exact or has been translated many times to be diff than it's original or
even what the speaker meant.
We have the hearer (John 10) and his mind's interpretation decades later written down.

I happen to believe this chapter. Clearly, Jesus says, 'my Father, my Father, my Father ---His son, His son' -though this chapter
and throughout his short mission.
He was constantly pointing to, referring to, praying to and doing the will of the Father.

I, myself, mouth dropped, stunned have had revelatory moments realizing I am one with the Father, the Creator of All...no drugs,
understanding the high state of consciousness Jesus was dwelling in constantly
and was trying to show us was available to us and actually is our inheritance.

Later after Jesus said, I and my Father are one --- and they scoffed picking up STONES---he reminds them...it is written, Ye are gods.
In the same event or chapter 10 Jesus says,
'..the Father knows me,
even so know I the Father,
the Father which gave them me,
the Father is in me and I in Him,
my Father loves me...''
They are virtually of one mind, intent, mission and heart...Jesus does nothing but his Father's Will.

Now, if YOU wanna think of Jesus as the Father ...that's fine with me.
I do not.
I talk to, pray to and am visited by the Father, the Creator of the dust
particles in the air in my living room and every cell in everything.
Jesus is his son...to me...and my very very advanced brother.
(Was he around before Abraham - yup.)

The Father is keeping galaxies in existence. (Hold up your thumb to the sky ---you are now blocking 10,000 galaxies by doing so;
move your thumb 2 inches ---another 10,000 blocked.)
That's my Father.

Jesus is so next to Him, so to speak (to me) - you can hardly tell the difference, I admit.
But Jesus is STILL pointing to the Father today, as his son and servant.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-12-2020, 04:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi. :)
I could write a lot more. Hard to keep this subject shortened!

I will say this to give you an idea where I am coming from (rather than quote others that see it as I do.)
One, it is one of the most misunderstood quotes - even if it really was one exactly.
Don't get mad at me that I do not think each word is exact or has been translated many times to be diff than it's original or
even what the speaker meant.
We have the hearer (John 10) and his mind's interpretation decades later written down.

I happen to believe this chapter. Clearly, Jesus says, 'my Father, my Father, my Father ---His son, His son' -though this chapter
and throughout his short mission.
He was constantly pointing to, referring to, praying to and doing the will of the Father.

I, myself, mouth dropped, stunned have had revelatory moments realizing I am one with the Father, the Creator of All...no drugs,
understanding the high state of consciousness Jesus was dwelling in constantly
and was trying to show us was available to us and actually is our inheritance.

Later after Jesus said, I and my Father are one --- and they scoffed picking up STONES---he reminds them...it is written, Ye are gods.
In the same event or chapter 10 Jesus says,
'...the Father knows me.
even so know I the Father,
the Father which gave them me,
the Father is in me and I in Him,
my Father loves me...''
They are virtually of one mind, intent, mission and heart...Jesus does nothing but his Father's Will.

Now, if YOU wanna think of Jesus as the Father ...that's fine with me.
I do not.
I talk to, pray to and am visited by the Father, the Creator of the dust
particles in the air in my living room and every cell in everything.
Jesus is his son...to me...and my very very advanced brother.
(Was he around before Abraham - yup.)

The Father is keeping galaxies in existence. (Hold up your thumb to the sky ---you are now blocking 10,000 galaxies by doing so;
move your thumb 2 inches ---another 10,000 blocked.)
That's my Father.

Jesus is so next to Him, so to speak (to me) - you can hardly tell the difference, I admit.
But Jesus is STILL pointing to the Father today, as his son and servant.

Regardless of what we are taught or read in Scripture everything is just ' Words ' until we have our own ' Personal ' experiences, as you have
Old 20-12-2020, 05:47 PM
ImthatIm

Nice Miss H.

I think along similar lines.
I concentrate on the Love or more correctly
Divine Love of the Father which is also in the Son
and The Holy Spirit.
I try not to get hung up on titles and Just enjoy the Love.
Nor do I let people use scripture to dissuade me from that Love.
Old 20-12-2020, 06:58 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Nice Miss H.

I think along similar lines.
I concentrate on the Love or more correctly
Divine Love of the Father which is also in the Son
and The Holy Spirit.
I try not to get hung up on titles and Just enjoy the Love.
Nor do I let people use scripture to dissuade me from that Love.

Yes all of those scriptures of Jesus that are opposed to love..must be wary of them......