Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 26-09-2020, 02:20 AM
Aditi

This version of 'Devi Puja' by Krishna Das might be my favourite of his. The instrumental arrangement is a bit meh, but he sings every word like he means it.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:20 PM
Aditi

Some more from other religions:

Your Soul is a Lantern in the Dark by Neo-Pagan artist Wendy Rule. Also, All Life Flows Into the Great Mother is amazing.

Prayer of St. Francis performed by Sarah McLachlan.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi
Some more from other religions:

Your Soul is a Lantern in the Dark by Neo-Pagan artist Wendy Rule. Also, All Life Flows Into the Great Mother is amazing.

Prayer of St. Francis performed by Sarah McLachlan.

Interesting, she seems not be so well known Wendy Rule, have you a special relationship to her, how did you hear about her ? Nice work though. The Second track, All Life Flows Into the Great Mother, has some Enya-esque elements in there. The St. Francis prayer is great. Thanks for sharing, i'll share something back to you around these songs.

Enya -- Flora's Secret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFYv2uopwkY

Enya --Only Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lo6dut_-k

Sacred Spirit.Yeha-Noha(Wishes Of Happiness And Prosperity)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNApcyzaY60

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 04-10-2020 at 01:41 PM.
Old 21-10-2020, 12:56 AM
Aditi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Interesting, she seems not be so well known Wendy Rule, have you a special relationship to her, how did you hear about her ? Nice work though. The Second track, All Life Flows Into the Great Mother, has some Enya-esque elements in there. The St. Francis prayer is great. Thanks for sharing, i'll share something back to you around these songs.

When I was younger, I thought, because I am not Indian, it might be more appropriate if my religion was some kind of Neo Pagan. I happen to live in a town where they sometimes have solstice/equinox events that are open to the public, and I went along to some of those. They would play Wendy Rule's music there, and I asked who it was because it's unusual to hear songs about the goddess sung in English. It turned out that my beliefs are significantly different to theirs, although I still have respect for their faith. I think, generally, when someone finds a way to relate to divinity that truly resonates with their soul, that's something that should be honoured, even if I decide it's not for me.

My mum used to listen to Enya when I was a kid, maybe that did have an influence on my taste in music.

Here's this somewhat poignant Christian country song, All My Tears by Julie Miller.
Old 21-10-2020, 05:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi
When I was younger, I thought, because I am not Indian, it might be more appropriate if my religion was some kind of Neo Pagan. I happen to live in a town where they sometimes have solstice/equinox events that are open to the public, and I went along to some of those. They would play Wendy Rule's music there, and I asked who it was because it's unusual to hear songs about the goddess sung in English. It turned out that my beliefs are significantly different to theirs, although I still have respect for their faith. I think, generally, when someone finds a way to relate to divinity that truly resonates with their soul, that's something that should be honoured, even if I decide it's not for me.

My mum used to listen to Enya when I was a kid, maybe that did have an influence on my taste in music.

Here's this somewhat poignant Christian country song, All My Tears by Julie Miller.

Lovely Song by Julie Miller sung from the Heart, Welcome back by the way, yay !!!!! The forum is working again ...The Song reminded me a little of this song...which is very poignant too i think...

The River Knows your Name by John Hiatt ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp7iz2RZ80o

The song is slightly dark, some of John Hiatt's work has that flavour but I found a little solace in this song and had a close family member who drowned in Austin Texas unfortunately where John Hiatt says this song was written. Even though their is no mention of Jesus Christ in the song, I do feel the song has a healing quality and is not an invitation to give up but to come full circle and to heal. God bless thanks, welcome back lol.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 21-10-2020, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:

That is lovely Joe ... thanks!

Old 22-10-2020, 04:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
That is lovely Joe ... thanks!

Your very welcome Sentient good to see you.

Old 22-10-2020, 08:52 AM
Aditi

Quote:
Lovely Song by Julie Miller sung from the Heart, Welcome back by the way, yay !!!!! The forum is working again ...The Song reminded me a little of this song...which is very poignant too i think...

The song is slightly dark, some of John Hiatt's work has that flavour but I found a little solace in this song and had a close family member who drowned in Austin Texas unfortunately where John Hiatt says this song was written. Even though their is no mention of Jesus Christ in the song, I do feel the song has a healing quality and is not an invitation to give up but to come full circle and to heal. God bless thanks, welcome back lol.

I missed this forum. I started looking at other forums, but they all left me thinking, "I don't think I can be myself here..."

That is a beautiful song! I am really sorry about your losing a family member like that. I can see what you mean about the healing quality, too. Songs like this can be cathartic, to hear how you're feeling expressed in the right words, the right tone, offering another way of looking at the darker things in life.

I was going to say, most of the Christian songs I like tend to be a bit dark-ish, although it is that rock solid faith that I find so appealing about them, but then I remembered, there is this old recording of Ram Dass singing Rejoice in the Lord Always. At least, I assume this is Christian, I haven't spent much time in churches. I think the fact that it is not a polished recording lends a certain warmth and charm.
Old 22-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Master

Thanks Aditi for your kind words. Wowww that is a great track by Ram Dass thanks !!! Didn't know it was out there ! I love Gospel songs, the theme of lostness and foundness is something that should be relatable to most folks if we are honest as we are lost and found it seems many times each day lol. As you say alot of Gospel songs have that rock solid vib about Homecoming and coming home..they are as good as anything out there to express one's faith in God. At least singing is some kind of way of praying in whatever faith, arguing over the words of a book aka The Bible for example is probably not praying and frankly I shy away from Christianity because I would hate to be right. To be so right that I could stand and condemn my enemy to hell, it's not my idea of living. Anyways that's me arguing lol. Thanks once more for the great song and your condolences I appreciate it. Joe.

Down in the River https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzejzO8ag2k

John Hurt - I Shall not be Moved .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLc8YeXP8FY

Old 23-10-2020, 07:10 AM
Master

Shenandoah --- Kings College Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwL9r7C1CM0