Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 24-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Uhmar

the Triskele Spread

http://www.byzant.com/Mystical/Tarot/Spreads.aspx
Old 24-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Master
Yeah, I've checked that Aeclectictarot site and it has been helpful in the past. Never ceases to amaze me how many decks some people own, they've gotta be spending a fortune on them. I'm tend to be drawn to certain art, but I guess people can have a 'feel' for just like in crystals(?) or do you have to buy the deck and see if you get a special feel for it? generally speaking?

Old 24-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Uhmar

That is what is the hardest to do is find a set of cards that you truly are drawn and connected to...

I am also looking at the sacred circle ones norseman keeps mentioning....
so many cards..not enough money lol

so far my osho cards and a set of oracle card are my favorites called the luman deck

I have goddess cards and actually gave away my rider waites .they bored me to tears..I just couldn't connect to them at all. '

I think I am toooo visual maybe as the pics/ imagry has to draw me in and speak to me...

I have several sets now but am anxiously awaiting the sibilla tarot I have ordered....an older set with romany influences... I was attracted to the cards on paper...lol
Old 24-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Uhmar

Silvergirl))))) these spreads work for all types of cards...all tarot cards and all oracle cards as well

Most of them can be used with almost any type of divination tool.
Old 24-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Uhmar

the TETRACTYS SPREAD

For the Tetractys Spread, both the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana should be shuffled together. You should shuffle until you feel that the cards are shuffled enough.

Once shuffled, all seventy-eight Tarot cards should be spread face-down in a fan-shape.

Ten cards should be selected and placed face-up on the black cloth in the shape of a tetractys..( a pyramid)
---------------------------------------
1.Significator: This card represents the premise of the entire reading. This forms a foundation for understanding all the other cards. This card should be referred to when interpreting all other cards.

2. Dark Card: This card indicates the possible reaction of the cosmos or the world at large to the actions of the individual.

3. Light Card: This card reveals the influences of the cosmos or the world at large that lead to the actions of the individual.

4. Destroyer Card: This card represents past decisions and directions that should not be allowed to continue.

5. Sustainer Card: This card indicates those things that are stable and should not change.

6. Creator Card: This card is indicative of new decisions and directions that should be pursued.

7. Earth Card: This card is a physical card, representing physical realities and day-to-day living.

8. Water Card: This card is an emotional card, revealing feelings, emotions,
and whims.

9. Air Card: This card is an intellectual card, indicating thoughts, feelings, goals, and the power of the mind.

10. Fire Card: This card is a passionate card, representing ambitions, creative forces, and the raw power of will.

The Tetractys Spread of the Tarot is a little more complicated than spreads such as the Celtic Cross Spread or the Horseshoe Spread, and so takes some practice to master. It is a powerful spread for those seeking detailed information and advice regarding complex situations.

http://www.suite101.com/content/taro...spread-a315469
Old 24-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Master
Thanks for the info, Uhmar{{}}
I like unique types of artwork, like really well done ones. I also like anime, and I did see they have a few like that...

Whoah, Uhmar, you really know your stuff!

Old 24-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Uhmar

no I dont.lol lol .....I just have lots of usefull info....lol
I am a knowledge hound

and knowledge that is not shared to me is useless knowledge...
Old 25-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Uhmar

The wheel Spread - 17 card spread

The wheel spread was the one I was taught and has been the overall best spread I have found. Its pretty free flow in interpretation, so this is only a rough guide, feel free to change the designations in line with your intuition, I generally do several times through a reading

The main thing to look for here is patterns between the cards, that give you extra information on the card you're looking at.

---14-----11----16
--------6--2--9
---12--4--1--5--13
--------8--3--7
---17-----10----15

1. You, and the central issue at this time.

10 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 11 Line:

Main line shows the progression of the situation starting with the past at the bottom and moving to the top.

Cards 17 and 15 support the past card, so look for themes along the bottom line

I find 11 shows the outcome most likely at this time, whereas 14 and 16 show other possibilities
Alternatively I also use 14 as something to be released and 16 to be embraced.

12 - 4 - 1 - 5 - 13 Line:

Sidewards line shows the internal progression as it manifests into the external
This runs both ways so you can also look at it as how the external is effecting the internal and viseversa

14 and 17 will support the internal and 15 and 16 the external

15 - 7 - 1 - 6 - 14 Line:

This line shows what you are currently recieving (starting with the past)

17 - 8 - 1 - 9 - 16 Line:

This line shows what you are currently giving (starting with the past)

The central card represents the present, so the closeness of the cards represents how close they are to the present.

for instance card 3 represents the immediate past, while 10 represents anytime in the past after that, like wise card 2 represents the immediate future and 11 more longer term.

Like wise 12 is deeper internally than 4 and 13 presenting more externally than 5

so 17 and 8 are internal in the past, and 7 and 15 more external in the past.

Advanced use:

This spread is designed so that you can trace a rune in it to gain further information, so for instance the person has questions about money then using 10 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 9 - 16 - 7 - 13 to trace the rune you can read into their financial situation.

Additionally if all the cards have been read and the person still has questions you can add another card into the center and then re-read the spread for additional information..
© chris beacock
Old 25-01-2011, 07:16 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Uhmar:

Just wanted to take some time to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading this thread.

It was interesting to see how we use some of the very same spreads--but in different ways. I feel the lesson in this is that we are all drawn to what works best for the individual--what we can connect to--what opens our own third-eye and helps us to see beyond the mundane and the obvious.

You definitely are inspired and inspiring! I applaud your efforts.

Peace and Love on your path to the Eternal Circle...

Blessed be...
Old 25-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Uhmar

thank you very much Lady Terra)))))

It has been a pleasure..
please feel free to add any methods you use here..
It was one of the first things I couldn't make sense of when I picked up my first deck of cards was how or what do you do with the cards to even begin interpreting them.

If you noticed several of the ones I put here have the same name and placements but different meanings to the positions.

I found that also helpfull in isolating specific reads for specific questions.
Like one way of doing the spread may be more emotional and relationship type .
then another set may be more career type questions so that would be my choice on career question spread.
same layout..same spread just different position meanings.

And some of the best spreads ever are ones a person created themselves.

If you have any cool methods an meanings please please add them..It is all about learning and very beneficial to everyone who is learning to read.