Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Master
Hello,

Something comes to me.

Does awareness ask "What is this?" or is it more "What can be done with that which is noticed?"

I feel that at times the latter is the main focus. Whether I am to do anything at all or not. Awareness seems to be the act of paying attention or noticing. There is nothing but the observer applying this act, IMO. What the observing does with that which is noticed seems to be of the choice of observer.

So one can choose unity or division. One can also just observe.

Yes a person can become "aware" of his/her being, but does it release the person of these choices?

I find for myself these choices still remain and it seems a part of this human experience.

Not negating what has been presented here, just expanding upon what it brings up in me and looking at what may be some of the connection.

Peace
Old 17-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Enlightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Something comes to me.

Does awareness ask "What is this?" or is it more "What can be done with that which is noticed?"

I feel that at times the latter is the main focus. Whether I am to do anything at all or not. Awareness seems to be the act of paying attention or noticing. There is nothing but the observer applying this act, IMO. What the observing does with that which is noticed seems to be of the choice of observer.

Very curious about whether there really is something like an observer doing the observing. Lately I tend to think there isn't, think it is just a body function taking place involuntary like all the other senses and body functions.

Yes a person can become "aware" of his/her being, but does it release the person of these choices?

I find for myself these choices still remain and it seems a part of this human experience.

Not negating what has been presented here, just expanding upon what it brings up in me and looking at what may be some of the connection.

Peace
To me there cannot be both, so I'd say only unity with the thought/feeling of being separate.

Aware of being aware? As I said think awareness is just happening, as a part of the flow of life.

But hey who am i?
Old 17-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightning
To me there cannot be both, so I'd say only unity with the thought/feeling of being separate.

Aware of being aware? As I said think awareness is just happening, as a part of the flow of life.

But hey who am i?

Hello Enlightning,

The bold part caught my attention.

As I'm seeing it Awareness seems more of an act then a thing. Which may be what you are presenting.

If there is no observer doing the observing then who or what is being aware, even if it be involuntary? Doesn't one notice/become aware of what is being noticed?

Peace
Old 17-09-2011, 09:57 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightning

But hey who am i?
Awareness doesn't just happen, and it's not an existing substance.. it is an attribute of consciousness, whether individualized or unified.. it is the capacity of sensing and perceiving..

Be well..
Old 17-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Master
Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity - Sivananda
Old 18-09-2011, 02:32 AM
moke64916

The purpose of awareness is to see yourself as the Souce being aware of the Souce. Soul being aware of soul. Anything else is spiritual progress. The point is to be aware of who you really are. The Souce of the universe wants for us to recognize us as it. The most powerful statement is " I am that I Am." soul(source) being aware of source(soul).
Old 18-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity - Sivananda

Oh for christs sake. Why do these gurus make such a big deal out of a little meditation practice?
Old 18-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
The purpose of awareness is to see yourself as the Souce being aware of the Souce. Soul being aware of soul. Anything else is spiritual progress. The point is to be aware of who you really are. The Souce of the universe wants for us to recognize us as it. The most powerful statement is " I am that I Am." soul(source) being aware of source(soul).

I know you have an inkling that you 'know things', and it makes it difficult for you to listen coming from that perspective, and many have this attitude, but it makes them unapproachable.

Perhaps some are 'seekers' and revel in the hoipe they have found a master who'll bestow them with profound truths, and that serves to validate this self impression, but there are much more pertinant things at hand.

In my case I know I give a certain impression and I'm not regarded as enlightened or anything like that, but such things are not important to me, and the truth is it simply doesn't matter.

In unfurling a pure intent... I don't think there's an answer one person can give to another person... for example it's possible that consciousness rizes and falls in awareness or perhaps awareness rizes and falls in consciousness... it's just arbituary notions which contrive something simple like different mind states occur and there is awareness of these.

We might suggest a permanant presence which observes these passing states for the sake of conveyance... a symbolic frame work to depict our notion... but such a thing seems true to one bloke and ridiculous to anther and others are just shaking their heads thinking 'don't you guys have better things to do?'

I guess it mostly in the listening, coz people want to express something and that's all it is, so you also express something, like I do too, and everyone does, but there is no scalar quantity going on like Hybrid is enlightened and I am not... but people always tell me they can tell a 'realized being from one who isn't... yet I see how impossibly non sensical that is as a notion, because factually speaking, a person is as they are, not some other way.
Old 18-09-2011, 03:41 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Something comes to me.

Peace

I always saw awareness as more like saying, 'Oh, so that's what it is!'

Kind of like a sudden seeing into something which you couldn't see before. Then it goes into 'What can be done with what I've just noticed?'

Choice will always be here, even at the higher levels.
Old 18-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Oh for christs sake. Why do these gurus make such a big deal out of a little meditation practice?
Physiological benefits:
1- It lowers oxygen consumption.
2- It decreases respiratory rate.
3- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
4- Increases exercise tolerance.
5- Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation.
6- Good for people with high blood pressure.
7- Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
8- Decreases muscle tension
9- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
10- Reduces Pre-menstrual Syndrome symptoms.
11- Helps in post-operative healing.
12- Enhances the immune system.
13- Reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress
14- Enhances energy, strength and vigour.
15- Helps with weight loss
16- Reduction of free radicals, less tissue damage
17- Higher skin resistance
18- Drop in cholesterol levels, lowers risk of cardiovascular disease.
19- Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing.
20- Decreases the aging process.
21- Higher levels of DHEAS (Dehydroepiandrosterone)
22- prevented, slowed or controlled pain of chronic diseases
23- Makes you sweat less
24- Cure headaches & migraines
25- Greater Orderliness of Brain Functioning
26- Reduced Need for Medical Care
27- Less energy wasted
28- More inclined to sports, activities
29- Significant relief from asthma
30- improved performance in athletic events
31- Normalizes to your ideal weight
32- harmonizes our endocrine system
33- relaxes our nervous system
34- produce lasting beneficial changes in brain electrical activity
35- Cure infertility (the stresses of infertility can interfere with the release of hormones that regulate ovulation).

Psychological benefits:
36- Builds self-confidence.
37- Increases serotonin level, influences mood and behaviour.
38- Resolve phobias & fears
39- Helps control own thoughts
40- Helps with focus & concentration
41- Increase creativity
42- Increased brain wave coherence.
43- Improved learning ability and memory.
44- Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
45- Increased emotional stability.
46- improved relationships
47- Mind ages at slower rate
48- Easier to remove bad habits
49- Develops intuition
50- Increased Productivity
51- Improved relations at home & at work
52- Able to see the larger picture in a given situation
53- Helps ignore petty issues
54- Increased ability to solve complex problems
55- Purifies your character
56- Develop will power
57- greater communication between the two brain hemispheres
58- react more quickly and more effectively to a stressful event.
59- increases one’s perceptual ability and motor performance
60- higher intelligence growth rate
61- Increased job satisfaction
62- increase in the capacity for intimate contact with loved ones
63- decrease in potential mental illness
64- Better, more sociable behaviour
65- Less aggressiveness
66- Helps in quitting smoking, alcohol addiction
67- Reduces need and dependency on drugs, pills & pharmaceuticals
68- Need less sleep to recover from sleep deprivation
69- Require less time to fall asleep, helps cure insomnia
70- Increases sense of responsibility