Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-11-2023, 02:10 PM
Master

11-15-23 …

You always “have contact” … it’s your “awareness” that hasn’t developed enough to realize / experience it. In fact … you have “contact” right now with the Pure God Worlds and the Atma Plane … but your detrimental and tainted beliefs, thoughts, emotions, personal practices … for lack of a better combo word … act as shields … or filters … or coverings … even somewhat as anchors and chains.

As a point of interest … these tainted and unhealthy beliefs and perceptions … ( just trying to use generic words to carry the concept here ) … block our vision … inwardly and outwardly … and it is these illusionary stances that form the basis for the concept of these worlds being illusionary and thus … leading to “separation” … since there is no real “separation” in one being in contact with the Pure God Worlds or not … our personal “illusions” make us feel as though there were … and we live within that illusion … or groups of illusion … for eons … until we ourselves … one at a time … prove them to ourselves to be more detrimental to us than their continuance.

It’s almost like taking off a pair of sunglasses … how different the world looks when we do … but to take off the tarnished sunglasses of our ole patterns and habits is a monumental task to any and all. We gather in groups to hold to certain teachings or beliefs … we launch out on our own to “find our own way” … trial-and-error … for more lifetimes than you would care to know about.

As I have said before … it’s not necessarily the experiences that are so important … but it is what we do with them … what we learn from them … and later … how we apply them to our personal lives and then continue to revise them as we see fit. We view from our beliefs … whether one wishes to term the preferences or ego or whatever … they are what they are … and these clusters of beliefs and habits “color” or viewpoint every bit as much as a set of sunglasses do.

When our valued beliefs are “heavier” … they weigh us down … and we are completely clueless as they do … until some idea or practice or conviction proves to be so unwise that it doesn’t “serve” us anymore … and then we set out to find something that will take it’s place. Rarely can we simply obliterate something out of our mental perceptions. Something always seems to fill in the void … so to speak.

This is where it comes in very handy indeed to have a focal point to which one can always return to … or gather around … a core set of concepts or principles … the “higher” the better. Focus on “god” is an obvious choice … but just where exactly are we to focus during those times. Our “gods” move higher as we do … or more technically … as we get out of our own way and can see the “higher” principles of a “higher God” … more and more clearly … one step at a time.

The higher ones goes on the proverbial path … the more difficult it is for us to admit to … to uncover … to consider that such-and-such a belief that we hold just might indeed … be detrimental. As we all the far steps of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … we have fine-tuned and molded our preferences and beliefs into exactly the way we want them to be … and we are most content to live from and within them.

In the end … self-denial is the name of the game. To gather the strength and courage to “look again” … the task that all authentic Masters find difficult to nudge the various individuals to consider … because we are still so protective and resistant … and the design of the mind disliking change doesn’t make it any easier.

More tomorrow.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 16-11-2023, 02:08 PM
Master

11-16-23 …

An interesting question was put into the board not too long ago … pondering the similarities of Buddhism, Hinduism and spirituality in general. It’s a fascinating query and it’s easy to accept as such face value.

Technically speaking … and this point is only speaking technically and not popularly … no. True spirituality has nothing to do with the realms, planes, dimensions, aspects of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … mind, body, emotions. Soul Itself is neither of these … being a true spiritual entity … so to speak. Since Buddhism and Hinduism tend to promote their beliefs and practices dealing with these Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds facets … they / it is not truly spiritual. The human state of consciousness long ago concluded erroneously that if it’s not physical … it’s spiritual. I do understand that the common use of the word “spiritual” is going to prevail no matter what. This point is suggested only to those that wish to begin to draw technical distinctions.

Secondly … LIFE has always been … within the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds. There have been a number of “extinction” events on this planet … great floods … pole shifts … celestial body collisions … destroying much of the life forms at the time. Each time … it all has to start over again … but the principles, laws, precepts, and directives of LIFE within these worlds were … and are … maintained as they were during these times and events.

The various “founders” of the religions and philosophies were “enlightened” individuals that perceived various “sets” or levels of beliefs … brought them together by living them … promoting them to the few that would listen … and the religions / philosophies were “born” … as it were.

Most … if not all … of the popular religions have to do with understanding and contending with life on this planet … or other planets … or within the realms of the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds. These various approaches have been around for a long, long time … and take on names for the varying sets of beliefs. It is a necessary design … and approach. They all tie together in a stair-step fashion. Each religion has something to offer in understanding “greater” truth … from layer to layer or step to step.

Consciousness as the Whole of Existence is not what it is often promoted to be. This is *not* a popular stance … but its reality will eventually be realized by each individual in time. There is what is often called a “Grand Division” in the Whole of Existence and this division is the distinction between the Pure God Worlds and the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds … both intentionally generic terms. The Pure God Worlds … the levels of true spirituality and the true home of Soul Itself in and at the Atma Plane … is not metaphysical. It is positive only … containing no negative aspect or element … the scientific understanding of the “atom” does not exist here … and the Pure God Worlds are very, very different than the Lower Psychic / Metaphysical Worlds.

The term “Atma” … or sometimes “Atman” … is often used by the various religions … some have an understanding of the - definition” of the word more accurately than others. Most of the organized religions often try to “pull down” the higher understandings into their precepts and beliefs … an attempt to bring the spiritual down into the metaphysical and make that acceptable and agreeable. Many of the so-called “mystery cults” draw a more clear distinction … and all of this is just part of the schoolroom to lead the individual along a path of greater and more expansive understanding … all by design. It all fits together as the puzzle pieces form the greater picture.

More tomorrow.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 17-11-2023, 02:11 PM
Master

11-17-23 …

There will be only three posts next week … Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday … and from Thursday the 23rd through the 26th … I will be with family and friends enjoying the holidays. I will post again on Monday the 27th.

In the meantime … I wish to make a rather short personal appeal to all …

There are a goodly number of well-educated, perceptible, wise individuals on this board who have been “around the block” for a while.

This world is going through some tough times right now … and most all are struggling a bit with what is going on in their individual lives. Many … would appreciate some help … even simple words of encouragement … let alone actual “ways and means” of making daily life less of a strain.

I would like to ask those more “seasoned” individuals to write and put into the board anything they believe would just be assistive to others … and to make their offerings as complete or extensive as they wish … and not just a line or two … or three.

There are people on this board that could offer *much* more than what is normally found … and many would appreciate that right now. Those that are more able to “retreat” to places of Silence … that took some time to develop … and those without such havens are at much more of a loss. A word or phrase from those that are more able is nice … but I guess I am just asking for those individuals to expand / expound on it all a bit … to give some of the “younger” individuals something to hold onto … to offer a bit of information or clarification or expansion on the struggles of Life … rather than one or two-phrase “answers” to what others put forth.

LIFE is often a question of balance … and that means giving as much as taking. Simple reading of … is taking. A one-phrase response is not much more.

Please give to those around you … which is of benefit to you as well as to others.

Enough said. Each individual on the board can take it from here.

Enjoy the weekend.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 20-11-2023, 02:00 PM
Master

11-20-23 …

There will be only three posts this week as I will be away from all computers Thursday through Sunday.

As I sit here pondering as to the subjects of these posts … what can I possibly tell them that I haven’t already posted … my mind begins to race … “I consider that the words used to convey various principles and concepts and such … there’s nothing special about them … people just choose not to listen to them. They are more comfortable in accepting their lack of understanding. Heck … I can do that myself. It’s easy. Just let mind bicker and I could find myself in real trouble. I remember the old song by the Youngbloods back in the ‘Hippie’ days of the 60’s that said … ‘Still I look to find the reason to believe.’ Heck … in today’s world … it’s just the opposite … people look to find the reason to DIS-believe … so it relieves them of any effort or responsibility to perceive a bit farther than they are at the moment. People can just shrug it all off and say … BaH … Humbug.”

My mind continues to dance along in its explorations … “I mean … lotsa people just seem to consider it all as an impossibility … that it is all beyond them … and that there might not even BE an answer … or a principle to settle on. Like … this ‘Whole’ business or this ‘One’ business. WaY too complicated. How am I supposed to know what is beyond my own beliefs? That can’t be done … they say.”

I keep sifting through thoughts … “Sheesh … lotsa people out there don’t even want to *try.* Heck … I’m content … I’m doing just fine … they say. I’m having fun where I am in all of this. I can easily tell myself that I’m incapable of learning and that it’s beyond me anyway. I’ve read variations on that SO many times. They tell themselves that it’s all impossible to understand … no one else seems to get it too … so why should I care? I’ll just wait until it’s easier … or maybe the next lifetime.”

My mind really shifts into high gear now … trying to gather together so many of the statements that various individuals have made … “This is the way I am … I’m NoT moving. I’m gonna stay right where I am … ‘potential’ … BaH Humbug. Heck … my own mind keeps telling me not to believe this-or-that. I mean … I gotta believe in my own mind … right? Like … I am who I am … my ‘beliefs’ or whatever I wish to call them are set … why should I mess around with that? “

I have read that SO many times. I know it’s very real to many.

Some people have written along the lines of … “Oh hey … I know … maybe I’ll just accept that the ‘answer’ cannot be known. That lets me off the hook entirely. Besides … there’s *lots* of ways to the ‘end goal’ so my way at the moment is just as good as any other and besides … I *like* my way at the moment. One thing’s for sure … there’s supposed to be some kind of mystical ‘no-thought silence area’ that’s supposed to explain everything … but how can it explain anything because then there would be thought … which is not supposed to happen ‘there.’ Sigh … I just don’t get it. “

”Besides … who can trust somebody else’s words? The whole ‘no-thought silence’ can’t be expressed or explained anyway … so I’ll just settle out and accept that it can’t be expressed by anyone and probably isn’t even real. I’ll just roll with that. That’s easy.”

I’ll have to give all of this more thought tomorrow.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 20-11-2023, 02:01 PM
Master

11-20-23 …

There will be only three posts this week as I will be away from all computers Thursday through Sunday.

As I sit here pondering as to the subjects of these posts … what can I possibly tell them that I haven’t already posted … my mind begins to race … “I consider that the words used to convey various principles and concepts and such … there’s nothing special about them … people just choose not to listen to them. They are more comfortable in accepting their lack of understanding. Heck … I can do that myself. It’s easy. Just let mind bicker and I could find myself in real trouble. I remember the old song by the Youngbloods back in the ‘Hippie’ days of the 60’s that said … ‘Still I look to find the reason to believe.’ Heck … in today’s world … it’s just the opposite … people look to find the reason to DIS-believe … so it relieves them of any effort or responsibility to perceive a bit farther than they are at the moment. People can just shrug it all off and say … BaH … Humbug.”

My mind continues to dance along in its explorations … “I mean … lotsa people just seem to consider it all as an impossibility … that it is all beyond them … and that there might not even BE an answer … or a principle to settle on. Like … this ‘Whole’ business or this ‘One’ business. WaY too complicated. How am I supposed to know what is beyond my own beliefs? That can’t be done … they say.”

I keep sifting through thoughts … “Sheesh … lotsa people out there don’t even want to *try.* Heck … I’m content … I’m doing just fine … they say. I’m having fun where I am in all of this. I can easily tell myself that I’m incapable of learning and that it’s beyond me anyway. I’ve read variations on that SO many times. They tell themselves that it’s all impossible to understand … no one else seems to get it too … so why should I care? I’ll just wait until it’s easier … or maybe the next lifetime.”

My mind really shifts into high gear now … trying to gather together so many of the statements that various individuals have made … “This is the way I am … I’m NoT moving. I’m gonna stay right where I am … ‘potential’ … BaH Humbug. Heck … my own mind keeps telling me not to believe this-or-that. I mean … I gotta believe in my own mind … right? Like … I am who I am … my ‘beliefs’ or whatever I wish to call them are set … why should I mess around with that? “

I have read that SO many times. I know it’s very real to many.

Some people have written along the lines of … “Oh hey … I know … maybe I’ll just accept that the ‘answer’ cannot be known. That lets me off the hook entirely. Besides … there’s *lots* of ways to the ‘end goal’ so my way at the moment is just as good as any other and besides … I *like* my way at the moment. One thing’s for sure … there’s supposed to be some kind of mystical ‘no-thought silence area’ that’s supposed to explain everything … but how can it explain anything because then there would be thought … which is not supposed to happen ‘there.’ Sigh … I just don’t get it. “

”Besides … who can trust somebody else’s words? The whole ‘no-thought silence’ can’t be expressed or explained anyway … so I’ll just settle out and accept that it can’t be expressed by anyone and probably isn’t even real. I’ll just roll with that. That’s easy.”

I’ll have to give all of this more thought tomorrow.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 21-11-2023, 02:26 PM
Master

11-21-23 …

I found myself wavering about in all of this all night … wondering about little tidbits or options I’ve run across in my studies … “I wonder if people ever consider … since they design their tendencies to form their beliefs … then they design their tendencies to DIS-believe. I wonder they’ve applied this approach to all the other facets of life … like … learning to walk or to play tennis or to learn a craft or talent so they can earn a livelihood.”

My thoughts are scrambling faster now … “Anything I try seems to not work or make it all worse … they say … or my mind tells me right off the bat … ‘That’s STU-pid.’ I think I just gotta accept that I can’t learn. I got lotsa wishes that I wish I were this way or that … but … I’m not … so … big whoop. And one thing I absolutely HATE … other people telling me what to think or believe ! I mean … really? Just because they took a step and got it working doesn’t make it real … or important … and they always come across as some sort of know-it-all and I don’t like that so I’ll just dismiss what they say … just because of *that.* ”

Lots of people seem hold to the approach … “I wish I didn’t do that or believe that way … I wish I could be more whatever … and I wonder if people ever consider that they are not here to learn how to tell yourself that you wish you were different … or that you wish you could do things differently or BE different than you are. You are here to learn … tools and techniques that will allow you to grow and advance. They are not here to learn how many ways they can tell themselves that ‘I cannot … ‘ … or ‘I am not … “

I find myself wondering … “I wonder if people ever remember what I put in a while ago about ‘thought-clouds’ … and how we’re surrounded by them … and they are a heck of a lot more prevalent than ‘can-do’ mass thoughts … and that it is SO easy to just allow those ‘can’t do’ thoughts to prevail. They are *surrounded* by them … and it takes ‘effort and focus’ to stay OUT of them … and I wonder … if people just dismissed all of that as being non-sensical.”

I start to slow my mind a bit and begin to consider if I can give any of these people any hope or not … or any tool or method that would actually help. The tools *work* … but you gotta USE them. You gotta put in some time and effort to over-ride the “old ways” … so to speak. There *is* no magic wand that will do the work *for* you. I wish there were. It’s a one-step-at-a-time thing … just like learning to walk … or learning much of anything else.

I am of the deep opinion that one of the greatest deterrents of getting the “forward-moving” tendencies to work is that it calls into action the entire approach of “pretending” … of “imagining” … and mind tends to *hate* that. In the act of “revision” … you are “leading” yourself into the new beliefs … you are not yet there … just like you are moving one foot in front of the other while learning to walk. Mind loves to tell oneself during this attempt … “You’re LYING to yourself” … and all the variables it can come up with along these very lines.

The second deterrent seems to be … *Where* do I focus? On *what* … do I focus? Just *what* am I supposed to focus on? I’ve never been there.’

That’s the easy part. If you have an issue or a problem … you focus on the opposite of the issue. If I am IN-tolerant … then I focus on tolerance. If I am IN-capable … than I focus on capability.

More tomorrow.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 21-11-2023, 07:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
[b][color="DarkOrchid"]I would like to ask those more “seasoned” individuals to write and put into the board anything they believe would just be assistive to others …

LIFE is often a question of balance … and that means giving as much as taking. Simple reading of … is taking. A one-phrase response is not much more.
Hello zorkchop.
I think for me the wisdom of my growth is being myself everywhere I am. Also too, understanding through reading others offerings doesn’t require me to hold others to my expectations, of what I want or believe is needed in return. I understand where you’re coming from, all the same. I look at the ‘whole’ board as little pieces of total offerings and experiences, wisdom and insights, which obviously support or allow them a place of sharing in whatever form is necessary to them and their process. This place is but one little piece in the greater scheme of life and balance.
Old 21-11-2023, 08:13 PM
Master

as far as all the byways the mind goes down... a big problem is, wanting to find a way to 'compute' life, to kinda put my mind on autopilot, kinda figure out what the 'best' future behavior is (usually so I can be happy add infinitum) and run with it. The mind is very good at generating huge stories out of nothing, I find.

This is very much emphasized in some sectors of society, you are supposed to have 'goals' and work 'very hard' to achieve them, and then after you do ???? I'll let you fill in the blanks as to what people who buy into in any big way do next. But it is all very predictable once you see the pattern...

a big part of my own life right now is to try to interact with life as it is happening. And also try not to be so very concerned that what is happening is something I WANT To be happening before I will give of my time/energy.

And a lot of that comes down to stopping, not doing things. Rather than coming up with ever more exotic ways to fill time.... any more i would rather rest, even if it means no grand dreams will ever be fulfilled, that go back to the awful lives I always had to choose before where I am always having to try to get all the awful things people are telling me I should be wanting and yet facing opposition at every turn.
Old 22-11-2023, 02:28 PM
Master

11-22-23 …

I wonder if many do not know what the ‘imagination’ is … and how vital a role it plays in all our discoveries … and if people do not know that the ‘imagination’ is not just an aspect or variation of the mind … but is an altogether separate facet that needs to be developed and used. It’s the whole basis of Neville’s revision approach … or the entire “Act as if … “ approach so often used in developing forward-moving considerations.

People are not here to learn how to tell themselves that I wish I were different … or that I wish I could do things differently or BE different than I am. People are here to learn … tools and techniques that will allow them to grow and advance. We are not here to learn how many ways you can tell yourself that “I cannot … “ … or … “I am not … “ … or … “I wish I didn’t do that / believe that way … I wish I could be more whatever … “

The imagination is an actual “gift” to Soul Itself … to be discovered … and used. This is *not* the mental imagination of variations on a list of items or how to do this-or-that. This is an imaginative approach that allows someone who can lay themselves back and consider … “Just how would it be - how would it feel … how would * I * feel … if I were *this way* ?”

You haven’t been there yet … to this new belief or action or attitude … but you can pretend … you can imagine … you can consider and develop … just how you would be IF you were “there” … and then bring “there” … to “here” … now. Even for an instant … even for a moment … really get in there and *feel* it. Pretend you are actually the new belief or attitude now … and then “look around” … how would your world be different?

This is how many of the world’s greatest inventors devised and designed most … if not all … of their greatest offerings to the world. They would go in and practice interacting with the new scenario … seeing how far it would go … where they would run into trouble or if something would stop them from success … then continue exploring … pretending … going over-and-over the entire scenario until eventually … the invention worked … even after many “failures” … they kept at it … until success was theirs … inwardly at first … and then out into the physical world.

This is how you “get” to where you’ve never been.

Many times this is the - tool” aspect that one begins to use when they ponder “Should I do this … “ or “Should I do that … “ … and mind replies “No … that’s stupid.” You are nudging into the “pretend” mode … into the “imagination” mode … and mind doesn’t like that. It wants to stay where it is … where all is familiar.

This very subtle aspect of “imagination” was actually a gift given to each Soul Itself at creation. It is more of a picturing scenario … a “seeing” … and not a variable on the use of mental words or thoughts.

Many … many of the patterns we hold dearly to … take time to overcome. Many … many times … this is *not* an overnight fix … and immediate revision … or a miraculous magic wand. It is a “development.” It is an “entering into” a new area … or a new “procedure.” You go in and explore … and give yourself the permission to test out how it would be … and then begin to act accordingly.

When one begins to get better at this … they will make the discovery that they’ve been using this all along … but more often than not … they’ve been using it as a “fear” approach … considering something or coming into a scenario and immediately sensing … “Watch out … don’t do that … “ and fearing it. It happens SO quickly … we do not realize that this is imagination turned negative. “I really don’t know *what* would happen but I can just *imagine* that this-and-this-and-this could happen so I’ll not try it … “ … and more often than not … these “probable scenarios” are those experiences you have actually undergone … somewhere … somehow … some time.

To intentionally go *forward* … is a secret … a “revision” into the possible … until becomes part of you … one-step-at-a-time.

Try it … people. Try not to keep telling yourself … “I can’t … ” … and even worse … “I don’t want to.”

Be back to the board next week. Enjoy.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 22-11-2023, 02:31 PM
Master

JustBe and FallingLeaves … I will be back to you within the hour.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -