Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-01-2021, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You and I have to talk! Any chance you're from NY?
No maybe about it --they lift pens and put on velvet or satin robes.
Just like a banker's hands, btw. Lol.

No Miss H I'm from UK and couldn't remember the Bishops name, hence ' What's His name '
I fancy wearing Satin and Velvet Robes, sounds nice. Maybe I did in my past lives.....
Old 24-01-2021, 03:58 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
That's how I think. No rush. Faith with no direct personal exp is fine for some for awhile.
One day, years to come, they might say , "Hey, I'd like to exp this Creator up close and personal."
And a change in direction occurs - tho, the same path.
It's all good.

Slog?

Yup! Slog is a great word, almost as good as juxtaposition. LOL!

As for one day, years to come... It might be one day many iterations of involution and dissolution of the universe to come. That is if one subscribes to such notions.
Old 24-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What 'drives' the belief in kamma, re-birth? Is it not ' Blind Faith '?
If it is not ' Blind Faith ', then what 'drives' something that can not be proven?
I'm one of those weird people that has exp'd past lives...
no drive involved -
just my socks blown off the first time!!

I see no reason to believe in Reincarnation...just believing.
Why should you, because I say it exists?
I think it helps one to believe, sure, when they know the person well, and have real
respect for the person when they might tell you
they had a shocking 'vision'...(maybe of a UFO, too*)
you know them and can see their eyes and later the change in them.

You can't prove many things, so what.
It's hard to prove the unseen in the physical world...it's just the way it is.

* only thing you could see in me was my SHOCK! And maybe my stuttering and adrenaline
eyes!! Didn't change me one bit.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-01-2021, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
no drive involved -

I think it helps one to believe, sure, when they know the person well, and have real

* only thing you could see in me was my SHOCK! And maybe my stuttering and adrenaline
Your not weird, I would say ' Blessed '
Old 24-01-2021, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
no drive involved -

If you look on the Forum dealing with Past Lives, you might be surprised of some of the things I have written on the subject. What is surprising, is nobody has claimed they were who I claimed to be!

I claimed in one past life I experienced some unbelievable events and then went and wrote an autobiography about it. In this life time, I have a stack of that autobiography and hand them out every once in a while. On Spiritual Forums, several of the members here got their hands on that autobiography and tried figuring out who in this time period was one of the characters in the autobiography.

I even claim I had 3 distinct past lives as mentioned in the Bible. Nobody has denied nor laid claim on those lives except..... me. LOL!

The summer before I entered 4th grade, I saw my first UFO. That UFO sighting became major news in the national papers.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 24-01-2021, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Your not weird, I would say 'Blessed '
Seems it - however, I have an opinion on that...
I think people receive from the Universe, I'll call it, what they need or are supposed to.
I obviously needed what I've been shown and all my life events.
What I learned changed me drastically..
First vision in my head showed me how stupid I am!(or rather, what a profoundly stuck, slow learner
I've been ...like I need a brick
to the head to stop some bad repetitious behavior).

Blessing? Or God just said,
"Enough, I can't stand this anymore ---I have to show her how dense she is....maybe she'll move on!!!!!"
He got bored with the needle stuck on the record!

BigJohn ---point me to those posts if you want...yup many of us lived back in the day...famous person or peasant in the crowd...yup.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Master
[quote=Miss Hepburn]Seems it - however, I have an opinion on that...
I think people receive from the Universe, I'll call it, what they need or are supposed to.
I obviously needed what I've been shown and all my life events.
What I learned changed me drastically..
First vision in my head showed me how stupid I am!(or rather, what a profoundly stuck, slow learner
I've been ...like I need a brick
to the head to stop some bad repetitious behavior).

Blessing? Or God just said,
"Enough, I can't stand this anymore ---I have to show her how dense she is....maybe she'll move on!!!!!"

Well you already know my motto, ' When the time is right '
Old 24-01-2021, 04:57 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Well, if you're talking about me...I don't ques or lament or deride it, exactly ---I don't care for it, as I said.
Direct exp is superior.
If people want to settle for blind faith fine...I would like to see the puppy myself before getting it ...
not hear about the puppy or see a photo. Replace that with a car if you want.
Replace the example with God.

Seeing, experiencing anything directly is superior than hearsay.
Even seeking to exp something directly is superior than not.
If you don't agree - ok.

is your belief that jesus was the source of a course in miracles based on blind faith or direct experience? i'm curious because i think adding jesus to the whole thing was just a way to sell more courses or to give it legitimacy. i'm a christian and i loved some of the course, but when they added all the jesus stuff to me i was turned off. seemed to me they were trying to compete or make it all seem like a better christianity they were marketing it all to people who already had some belief in jesus, seemed scamy to me at that point.

i think jesus gave his message in the bible. why would he come back with a completely new message? a message for new age people to get out of their heads and have some trance like experience they think are god experiences? how are people accepting it was from jesus if not by blind faith?

i think believing any channeled stuff is from jesus would be blind faith unless you were there and heard jesus's voice yourself or saw him, even after that which would never happen, how could a person know for sure it was the jesus from the bible? spirits can look or appear anyway they want. that's another thing, many people who claim to have channeled jesus say he had long hair. most anthropologists and historians say it is more likely he had short hair based on a lot of facts about jewish culture at the time, there are even quotes in the bible that say a man should not have hair like a woman so if jesus did, it would have been mentioned in the bible. i think the whole long hair look was invented by Italian painters from a time men with long hair became popular like Leonardo da Vinci.

1 CORINTHIANS 11:14
ASV
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a dishonor to him?
AMPC
Does not the native sense of propriety (experience, common sense, reason) itself teach you that for a man to wear long hair is a dishonor [humiliating and degrading] to him,
BRG
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
Old 24-01-2021, 05:05 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Well, if you're talking about me...I don't ques or lament or deride it, exactly ---I don't care for it, as I said.
Direct exp is superior.
If people want to settle for blind faith fine...I would like to see the puppy myself before getting it ...
not hear about the puppy or see a photo. Replace that with a car if you want.
Replace the example with God.

Seeing, experiencing anything directly is superior than hearsay.
Even seeking to exp something directly is superior than not.
If you don't agree - ok.
Are you trying to say you want to take God for a test drive before you buy?
Anyway, you are hopelessly behind the times, we buy our cars from the internet now. Apparently women do so while getting their nails done. I expect you will have to do the same with God.
Jeez Louise, don't be such a Luddite.

P.S. It's much more efficient this way. You can join two or three religions and have any number of Gods in the same time it used to take you to find just one.
Old 24-01-2021, 05:07 PM
AbodhiSky

i forgot to add there are also quotes from the bible that show jesus was not recognizable in crowds and did not stand out or look different from other jewish men in his day. making the long hair thing even more unlikely.

JOHN 5:13

ASV
But he that was healed knew not who it was; for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in the place.
AMP
Now the man who had been healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had slipped away [unnoticed] since there was a crowd in that place.