Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
Capacity, in terms of internet forums, the deepest and most beneficial forums I know provide a framework of adhered to rules to work within.

The most restrictive forums leave it up to the dominant belief or thought.

It is a paradox, but boundaries enable freedom, where in emptiness there lies a desert.

I prefer a forum with no rules. All I'm asking for is considering another chance for a valued contributor who the likes of cannot be replaced.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
I prefer a forum with no rules. All I'm asking for is considering another chance for a valued contributor who the likes of cannot be replaced.
NOTE: no statement about particular contributors on this or any other forums is being made. This is an overall reflection of my experiences on many forums.

I prefer a forum with some rules. A contributor is valued to me not only if they have something to contribute but are willing to contribute it in a constructive manner.

I have found that in forums with few rules that a very few individuals dominate and block others from getting value from the forums. Sadly these are not usually the potentially valued contributors but disruptive influences.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Yes you can adjust yourself to interact with anyone if you need too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
From the limited state most of us operate in, that is not true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Can you explain further?
Being able to adjust requires a certain amount of self realization or ability. Having what it takes to adjust to any of the vast multitudes of beings out there takes a similar vast amount of ability. Access to the virtually unlimited ability to be able to interact with ‘anyone’ is beyond the limits most (here) operate under.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
NOTE: no statement about particular contributors on this or any other forums is being made. This is an overall reflection of my experiences on many forums.

I prefer a forum with some rules. A contributor is valued to me not only if they have something to contribute but are willing to contribute it in a constructive manner.

I have found that in forums with few rules that a very few individuals dominate and block others from getting value from the forums. Sadly these are not usually the potentially valued contributors but disruptive influences.
No doubt that there are times where its black and white but I'm not sure if that relates to this discussion that's not about particular contributors.....lol
Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Master
Having read the 15+pages in this thread and having thought about this subject, I have compiled a list of ‘reasons’ one might choose to shrink:
1) One is not sufficiently powerful or protected to be immune to others. In a situation where interacting with them might trigger an undesirable response, one can choose to ‘avoid’ by censoring part of self. Note this is often used as a purely protective defense mechanism when dealing with someone more powerful. Example: ‘smart mouthed’ children learn to keep it shut to avoid the wrath of others
2) One perceives that their goals can be better accomplished by presenting a selective portion of self. This might be perceived as a deceitful act. Example: metaphysical practitioners don’t bring up ‘weird’ subjects in conversation with the general public
3) Portions of self are either distracting or inherently incompatible with a situation of interest. Example: In order to watch fish in a pond one tries not to make loud noises or sudden movements
4) One wants to ‘belong’ to a group that is selective about the attributes of its members. Belonging is perceived as more ‘important’ than being all of who you are. Example: teenagers dress like their peers
Old 05-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Having read the 15+pages in this thread and having thought about this subject, I have compiled a list of ‘reasons’ one might choose to shrink:

I followed the thread from the start and I thought of making a list of reasons to choose see a shrink LOLZ.

Quote:
1) One is not sufficiently powerful or protected to be immune to others. In a situation where interacting with them might trigger an undesirable response, one can choose to ‘avoid’ by censoring part of self. Note this is often used as a purely protective defense mechanism when dealing with someone more powerful. Example: ‘smart mouthed’ children learn to keep it shut to avoid the wrath of others

I'm sure we all censor ourselves according to our social situations.

Quote:
2) One perceives that their goals can be better accomplished by presenting a selective portion of self. This might be perceived as a deceitful act. Example: metaphysical practitioners don’t bring up ‘weird’ subjects in conversation with the general public

Exactly, a first date a job interview... best foot forward.

Quote:
3) Portions of self are either distracting or inherently incompatible with a situation of interest. Example: In order to watch fish in a pond one tries not to make loud noises or sudden movements

That works.

Quote:
4) One wants to ‘belong’ to a group that is selective about the attributes of its members. Belonging is perceived as more ‘important’ than being all of who you are. Example: teenagers dress like their peers

A sense of belonging is pretty basic need, but it can go wrong with peer pressure, and there isn't really a belonging if it's an act, so it only really works if one is sincere and genuine.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:14 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Being able to adjust requires a certain amount of self realization or ability.

Yes if you look back over the course of this thread you see that in that *Lack* it was playing out for sure..

Having what it takes to adjust to any of the vast multitudes of beings out there takes a similar vast amount of ability.

This could be so..

Access to the virtually unlimited ability to be able to interact with ‘anyone’ is beyond the limits most (here) operate under.

I would agree with you on this one..:)

Even if one could do it themselves (be in that virtually unlimited ability to interact with anyone... the *other* is always there in the picture and you never know what your in for, as you mentioned previously with your avatar teacher..hehe..
Old 05-08-2014, 06:50 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity

From what I see, Somnium is suspended, not banned for life, so when the suspension is lifted, he can come back.

Forums with no rules are an illusion. They are an interesting insight into the nature of the human ego, but they end up being ruled by those with the desire to rule over others because their desire and fear creates the adrenaline filled energy for them to keep trying to get to, or stay in, the dominant position. Those who don't have the drive to push their point of view so adamantly usually leave.

The overall result is that the forum ends up with a small core of people with similar views and similar approaches. So it ends up comfortable for those few, but very narrow minded - so not good for considering or learning anew.

If you have found a forum with no rules that hasn't gone that way, please let me know as I would be genuinely interested in taking a look.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Neville

What we do in Staff is protect those who have fallen foul of our site policies, we do this by not discussing individual cases. This is done so that the person in question has a perpetually clean reputation.

With regard to rules as they are called. Here they are set forth to establish a framework in which all members can participate in an hopefully safe and respectable way for one another. That is to say; Rules here are present for you the members and not for Staff.

Quote:
Discussing DA: Any disciplinary action, along with some forms of moderation carried out by our staff is done after thorough discussion, and is a matter between staff and the member concerned, anyone found to be publicly launching attacks against staff following Disciplinary Action or a fixed term suspension , or found to be discussing Disciplinary Action or a suspension in the forum or chat will themselves receive a suspension, the length of the suspension depending on the gravity of the attack. It should be noted that no ban is implemented lightly and other members may not be fully aware of the circumstances.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
Maybe you are still in this world because you still have these things to discover. Higher dimensions will always be there waiting for us. This lower dimension, I believe, has its time limit, so enjoy it while you can.

Yes I totally agree with this. The third dimension isn't always easy but there's a simple pleasure you can get out of it that for me makes me want to enjoy it the most I can whilst I'm here. No point craving for higher dimensions when in comparison to this reality we've spent probably 99% our 'time' there. In fact really we're already there.. there is no separation of dimensions.. only illusion. So to me it sounds like the OP just wants to escape because of an illusion that still exists in him.