Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-01-2011, 08:50 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
Sure, I can let you know.. I don't know that I will be conscious of the access.. but be cool if I was.. but the class I'm in I believe is 2 years of work+ still to go.. (so really that access could be next week or 2 years from now ) but realistically maybe by june/july

The class as described is supposed to be doing these things (the class is a experiment so all of this is new to earth mainly)

- Instant manifestation
- Readying for a higher strata/escalator during the shift
- The ability to transform the body (new one)
- And yah, the teachers just recently mentioned (and it's first I've heard of it) that we will put in touch with a super consciousness made of many entities.. (I might be able to clarify this more once I've listened to the recording again)

Then I hope you will keep me in mind as an enquirer with an interest in such matters.

If we're both around these forum boards in the future, and if you're aware of the changes in you, I hope you'll prod my memory and let me know how things turn out?
Old 26-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Skye

Old 26-01-2011, 01:40 AM
mac

"Mediumship is the term used to describe someone who claim to have the ability to communicate with the Dead or Spirit World. This is not yet been scientifically proven of disproved . From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading. Getting information from what is said. In face to face readings using facial and body reactions."

"From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading."

This claim is unsubstantiated - there is no single "...scientific point of view" Scientists may hold individual or even shared points of view but that's not the same.

As we haven't even been able to agree what a medium is - even us on SF's boards with such a shared special interest on - what notice should we take of scientists anyway?

What do they know about the subject unless they've studied the subject in depth?

But if they did they might well find personal evidence which eventually could become proof enough.....
Old 10-02-2011, 12:09 AM
PsychicMediumJake

We are all psychic beings living in a psysical body.
Mediumship is something you are either born with or your not.
So no you dont sorry

www .
diaryofapsychicmedium .
blogspot . com
Old 10-02-2011, 01:14 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"Mediumship is the term used to describe someone who claim to have the ability to communicate with the Dead or Spirit World. This is not yet been scientifically proven of disproved . From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading. Getting information from what is said. In face to face readings using facial and body reactions."

"From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading."

This claim is unsubstantiated - there is no single "...scientific point of view" Scientists may hold individual or even shared points of view but that's not the same.

As we haven't even been able to agree what a medium is - even us on SF's boards with such a shared special interest on - what notice should we take of scientists anyway?

What do they know about the subject unless they've studied the subject in depth?

But if they did they might well find personal evidence which eventually could become proof enough.....

It's always that way,Mac.
Scientists versus Spiritualists.

J.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Master
I almost posted the same question last night.

I have often read that mediums 'get out of the way' or 'step aside' and allow a spirit to speak through them. It got me to thinking that if I'm not 'out of the way' then I'm essentially channeling myself at that point. So logically, yes, we are all mediums....or antennae. Many of us do not even tune into our own frequency. Some of us do, and a few of us are able to tune into other frequencies. Well, I'm just a confused as I was when I started but its an interesting thought.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:48 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
It's always that way,Mac.
Scientists versus Spiritualists.

J.

It certainly can be J but some Modern Spiritualists are also scientists....

And not all other scientists are against Spiritualists although one thing I'm sure they'd demand is a clear definition of what a medium is - and we still don't have a single definition.

Folks wriggle around when asked like a worm on a hook, most unable to voice in simple terms what they expect a medium to do.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:56 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I almost posted the same question last night.

I have often read that mediums 'get out of the way' or 'step aside' and allow a spirit to speak through them. It got me to thinking that if I'm not 'out of the way' then I'm essentially channeling myself at that point. So logically, yes, we are all mediums....or antennae. Many of us do not even tune into our own frequency. Some of us do, and a few of us are able to tune into other frequencies. Well, I'm just a confused as I was when I started but its an interesting thought.

"I have often read that mediums 'get out of the way' or 'step aside' and allow a spirit to speak through them." Although you've often read it, it doesn't often happen that way in evidential mediumship for example....

And again we come full circle in being unable to define and agree what a 'medium' is compared with a psychic, a sensitive, a channeller.

That's perhaps where your own confusion may arise - being unable to define, to clarify, what you are doing. You wouldn't be the first in that position.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:05 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
It certainly can be J but some Modern Spiritualists are also scientists....

And not all other scientists are against Spiritualists although one thing I'm sure they'd demand is a clear definition of what a medium is - and we still don't have a single definition.

Folks wriggle around when asked like a worm on a hook, most unable to voice in simple terms what they expect a medium to do.

What does a medium do,Mac.

J.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
What does a medium do,Mac.

J.

I'm sure I don't know, Joanie....