Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 30-08-2015, 01:31 AM
lifensoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Believe it or not, sexuality plays a major part in personal identity and even though we tend to categorise stereotypes and identify with archetypes, the identity is by definition an individually personal thing. The spiritual and psychological allusions are nothing but a story to paint light and dark shades in the air, and have no valid basis apart from opinion, but then again, opinions are like orgasms, because mine is more important and I don't really care if you have one.

How exactly does this 'individually personal thing' come into existance, gem? And whats its role/purpose? Is there anything more to ones personal identity than sexuality and orgasms? What could they be, even if only minor remnants of ones personal identity? Would there be any common aspects of persnal identy to us on earth? If so what could they be and what role are they meant to play? Would the replies be the same for everyone else or are they just your opinions? Is there any element that might overlap to form a general background? How do you decide if its your own opinion or more general matter of substrate? Are these questions even worth anything in your opinion or do they they equate to those 'orgasms' you would like to hold onto to feel more important? (Btw, just that last line is so very wrong. - indicating a very biased, selfish kind of use of ones gender in addition to 'abusing' it to raise own own poor self esteem).

To avoid going round and round in circles, just reminding you that you have already ruled out the role of spiritual and psychological allusions, stereotypes and archetypes.

My ability to form sentences is not great at the moment, as you might have discovered in my post here, if you read it. As is my comprehension of long winding sentences similar to mine. If you could please keep it simple and try focussing on discussing instead of avoiding discussion, without getting distracted by ownership of narratives or their creation and syntax the latter two i have mentioned as you are very sensitive to such possibilities. If you can define a narrative and syntax, for me, i shall refrain from it too, during discussion with you...lol...that is if there remains anything to discuss after all these! That is ofcourse, if you do wish to respond to this post, which is if i am not on your ignore list!
Old 30-08-2015, 02:13 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Believe it or not, sexuality plays a major part in personal identity and even though we tend to categorise stereotypes and identify with archetypes, the identity is by definition an individually personal thing. The spiritual and psychological allusions are nothing but a story to paint light and dark shades in the air, and have no valid basis apart from opinion, but then again, opinions are like orgasms, because mine is more important and I don't really care if you have one.

Oh Gem this made me giggle. Be careful though before you too are classed as a trouble maker.

Quite sad really when one is not allowed to have an opinion and must flock with the majority. I mean, is not everything we know a social narrative, and... playing the high card when it involves the life of another, interfers with your own karma. Your own deck of cards? (not directed at you Gem, more a thought). I prefer to look inward than point the finger.

Still, I had to giggle at your last line.

I can't recall who wrote this, although I do like it.......
No one has the right to judge anyone positively or negatively. These are the ways of dominating people. When you judge someone you are trying to interfere in her life, which is not your business. A real authentic person, simply allows people to be themselves.
Old 30-08-2015, 02:37 AM
Experiencer
wish people would have logical conversation
without talking about 5th dimensions
and celestial bodies .. and spirits and astral souls
just pure discussion of the matter at hand
but no some one will jump and talk about
some past lifes and spiritual beings and other bodies we have
and on and on and on

... plm can dream can't he ?
ok am done with my rant discussion may carry on
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 30-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy
Oh Gem this made me giggle. Be careful though before you too are classed as a trouble maker.

Quite sad really when one is not allowed to have an opinion and must flock with the majority. I mean, is not everything we know a social narrative, and... playing the high card when it involves the life of another, interfers with your own karma. Your own deck of cards? (not directed at you Gem, more a thought). I prefer to look inward than point the finger.

Still, I had to giggle at your last line.

I can't recall who wrote this, although I do like it.......
No one has the right to judge anyone positively or negatively. These are the ways of dominating people. When you judge someone you are trying to interfere in her life, which is not your business. A real authentic person, simply allows people to be themselves.

Absolutely, and I'm not qualified to judge due to the log in my eye, and also due to that, when I do judge, I tend to see myself in an inferior position - and perhaps everyone does, so that inferiority is compensated for by a dominating stance - but whatever the case, one can't be judgemental without a self reference of some kind - and when it comes to spirituality, or even psychology, we primarily inquire into issues of self reference.

The person has to be acknowledged as they are, and a generic understanding can be applied that persons have different genealogies and histories within their environmental context - and are complex subtle beings. Not the archetypal portrait that is the artifact of judgement.

I know I am classed as many things because they keep describing them to me. Narrations about the subject referred to as 'you' are often very careless, so I'm sparing with the 'you' word... and cautious about the inverse proportions of subjects' respective positions.

Sexuality and gender are personal things that often associate with hard emotion and self esteem. A psychological interpretation is either irrationally applied to an imaginary generic archetype or simply ludicrous in view of individual's history and environment being unknown, and finally, gender/sexuality is not 'all that you are' but is partial to the holistic context of a complete human being.
Old 30-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Absolutely, and I'm not qualified to judge due to the log in my eye, and also due to that, when I do judge, I tend to see myself in an inferior position - and perhaps everyone does, so that inferiority is compensated for by a dominating stance - but whatever the case, one can't be judgemental without a self reference of some kind - and when it comes to spirituality, or even psychology, we primarily inquire into issues of self reference.

The person has to be acknowledged as they are, and a generic understanding can be applied that persons have different genealogies and histories within their environmental context - and are complex subtle beings. Not the archetypal portrait that is the artifact of judgement.

I know I am classed as many things because they keep describing them to me. Narrations about the subject referred to as 'you' are often very careless, so I'm sparing with the 'you' word... and cautious about the inverse proportions of subjects' respective positions.

Sexuality and gender are personal things that often associate with hard emotion and self esteem. A psychological interpretation is either irrationally applied to an imaginary generic archetype or simply ludicrous in view of individual's history and environment being unknown, and finally, gender/sexuality is not 'all that you are' but is partial to the holistic context of a complete human being.

Yes it's complex. But your post sounds more like a fabricated excuse to me.A fear based reason to hold on to personal identities to promote one's ego.Let it go.

an indirect jab at my point of view, to validate your own. "You" is what you make it through actions, not through words or what you entitle yourself as.The way I used"You" is meant to be a vague term, because it varies from person to person, it's "open" to learning,not rigid.

Of course genetics and environment influence sexual identity, in a way, that's common sense.But you seem to be stuck and absorbed in the material/physical mind frame. Those are "influences" not set in stone characteristics. Potential habits that can be broken with thought and realizations.You wanna use environment and genetic traits as an excuse and submit to being weak-minded? Allow one's presets and circumstances to define who they are?

I mean, if you had that much of an issue with my perspective, you could have quoted me and let me know. I also learned not to insult anyone's point of view just because it doesn't align with my own...it shows a lack of security in the individual.If these identities work so well for you, why aren't you secure enough to hold yourself back from insulting the point of view others...ego collapse?
Old 30-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionOfHybrid
Yes it's complex. But your post sounds more like a fabricated excuse to me.A fear based reason to hold on to personal identities to promote one's ego.Let it go.

Pseudo psychology nonsense designed to belittle followed by a domination posture where you instruct me to let it go.

Quote:
an indirect jab at my point of view, to validate your own. "You" is what you make it through actions, not through words or what you entitle yourself as.The way I used"You" is meant to be a vague term, because it varies from person to person, it's "open" to learning,not rigid.

There are a number of posts that assert spiritual and psychological theories in a generic way that don't apply to any actual people. I'm guessing yours was in the pseudo-psychology style based on your "A fear based reason to hold on to personal identities to promote one's ego" rhetoric.

Quote:
Of course genetics and environment influence sexual identity, in a way, that's common sense.But you seem to be stuck and absorbed in the material/physical mind frame. Those are "influences" not set in stone characteristics. Potential habits that can be broken with thought and realizations.You wanna use environment and genetic traits as an excuse and submit to being weak-minded? Allow one's presets and circumstances to define who they are?

You are constructing a narrative about me that describes egos, fear, stuck mind -and below- lack of security, not secure enough and ego collapse. You refer to others apart from myself as weak minded.

Quote:
I mean, if you had that much of an issue with my perspective, you could have quoted me and let me know. I also learned not to insult anyone's point of view just because it doesn't align with my own...it shows a lack of security in the individual.If these identities work so well for you, why aren't you secure enough to hold yourself back from insulting the point of view others...ego collapse?

I think it's worth considering that being critical of an opinion is really only giving reason why it doesn't actually apply which is different to an insult which is a personal derision. What I did was critique and what you are doing now is insulting - and the extent you're going to is borderline psychological abuse. I don't care if you like, dislike, agree or disagree with anything I say, but I insist that you stop making personal remarks.
Old 30-08-2015, 01:51 PM
lifensoul

Last edited by lifensoul : 30-08-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 30-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Pseudo psychology nonsense designed to belittle followed by a domination posture where you instruct me to let it go.

There are a number of posts that assert spiritual and psychological theories in a generic way that don't apply to any actual people. I'm guessing yours was in the pseudo-psychology style based on your "A fear based reason to hold on to personal identities to promote one's ego" rhetoric.

You are constructing a narrative about me that describes egos, fear, stuck mind -and below- lack of security, not secure enough and ego collapse. You refer to others apart from myself as weak minded.

I think it's worth considering that being critical of an opinion is really only giving reason why it doesn't actually apply which is different to an insult which is a personal derision. What I did was critique and what you are doing now is insulting - and the extent you're going to is borderline psychological abuse. I don't care if you like, dislike, agree or disagree with anything I say, but I insist that you stop making personal remarks.

This entire thing is just an opinion, what you "see". And, I respect that.
Old 30-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Also, don't deem the ideas of others as "fake" just because it conflicts with you're own and you don't quite understand it. To deem something you haven't tested or seen for yourself as fake, is pure ignorance.Just like how you cannot deem a theory fake until it's proven as such. Or telling someone "they need help" just because they think totally different from you, or sees CLEARLY of what's going on and doesn't beat around the bush about it.Getting angry or annoyed with someone because they pushed you to reflect upon something about yourself that you've been protecting with lies and delusions.

We have people on a spiritual forum that sound completely absorbed in the physical realm,ironically, and when it comes to proving themselves correct they show a piece of their true selves, and lean on a totally materialistic point of view.

It's like those scientists with entitlement issues that come across something they don't understand and conclude it as "something that's not suppose to exist".But, really, i think you were just defending yourself, which is expected.
Old 30-08-2015, 11:29 PM
Ravenspirit

[quote=Please Leave Me]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
Being gay was removed from.mental illness department. Although some.professionals still refer to it as disorder.But if its not a choice and not mental.disorder? What is it then if i might ask ?

It's just random genetics. That's all. People wired a little differently. They haven't figured it all out as yet, the whys and wherefores scientifically but there are now studies that indicates some definite genetic links between when children are born and how likely it is that they might be gay and links to other things physically, interesting stuff via the brain scans and even with finger differences. The fact that it is likely a genetic thing is getting more and more accepted. I'd guess within a decade they'll have mapped it all and there won't be any more question on all that.

Gay people don't "chose" to be gay they just ARE and it's not a mental disorder it's just genetics. Like I said above to me it's just like being left handed or having a tendency towards baldness. I don't get the prejudice at all, never did. It's taking science a while to catch up with me on this one, smile, but I do think that soon we'll have a better picture of what happens genetically and why it happens to make a person gay or transgender. When we do I hope there will be be a lot of bigoted people who will feel like major idiots. Because in my mind that it is obviously a genetic thing that is becoming painfully obvious. It's rather hard to ignore really if you have ever known someone who is.

I've seen so many people end up emotionally destroyed trying to change something that just can't be changed. It's just not fair to keep on making this such a huge moral issue. People like this can no more change who they are then I can help having a gene that predisposes me towards being extremely pale and burning like crazy when I get too much sun. I will tell you what, this is one of the biggest reasons that I'm not into monotheism. I have run up against this prejudice so much in the monotheistic religions it just utterly appalls me. I cannot do it. I cannot wrap my head around the concept of a loving creator and also believe in one that would condemn my LGBT friends for loving each other.

"That does not compute, Computer Blue...."

:)