Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 08-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Master
Hey Squatchit, I think this is very interesting. Of course we can always debunk this in some fashion...that neither proves nor disproves anything.

But the fact is, this piece of vid clip was of no interest for nearly 100 years...because it had no particular meaning to folks from past decades. Not until recently, now that we have realised this modern behaviour (talking into a small handheld wireless device as shown, whilst walking) appears in the vid and is out of place, i.e., in a very different era than we would expect. Without the modern reference, there was no way to assess or put this into context. We would not even have known what to look for, nor would it have jumped out at us.

That is what is so fascinating. If cell phones and similar had not been invented in their current form (small, thin, and of a certain dimension -- rather than in some other shape or dimension) for another 50 yrs, say...then it is very possible we would be having this discussion only at that time, rather than now.

Thanks for sharing :)

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 07-01-2016, 02:59 AM
Seeker

ive heard suggestions that it could possibly be an ear trumpet.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Master
That is true - anything is possible. Perhaps he has some other reason for cupping his hand just so and/or perhaps talking to himself.

But the cellphone option seems equally reasonable to me

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Does anybody actually see a phone? Watched the clip and i see the hand and talking but i cant see a phone.
Without seeing the phone its just somebody that looks similiar to somebody on a cell phone imo. There is no cell phone coverage in 1928. So nobody to talk to.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 15-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
That is true - anything is possible. Perhaps he has some other reason for cupping his hand just so and/or perhaps talking to himself.

But the cellphone option seems equally reasonable to me

A cellphone conversation in 1928 seems reasonable? hahaha.
Old 17-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Master
Yep...a reasonable enough possibility, or of similar technology anyway, from our modern perspective, if you view the clip. AND if you assume that it might also be possible for someone to show up with technology that appears out-of-place for the era and/or culture. In this case, for the era. That final assumption is key. It may not be the most probable explanation...and I'm not sure we can definitively say what that would be anyway...but I would not strike it from the list without having all the facts.

I generally take the most broad-minded scientific view that there is an explanation, but also allow that the explanation will not necessarily be contained within the bounds of our current scope of knowledge or understandings.

Peace & blessings.
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-01-2016, 08:53 AM
Suspended
I still like the idea of people from the future mooching about the past. And vice versa.

Funnily enough Gem, I dreamed about you last night. We were talking about bridges in London (UK).
Old 18-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Yep...a reasonable enough possibility, or of similar technology anyway, from our modern perspective, if you view the clip. AND if you assume that it might also be possible for someone to show up with technology that appears out-of-place for the era and/or culture. In this case, for the era. That final assumption is key. It may not be the most probable explanation...and I'm not sure we can definitively say what that would be anyway...but I would not strike it from the list without having all the facts.

Seems highly unlikely, and there is no phone visible in the clip, of course (let alone the absence of infrastructure for that technology).

Quote:
I generally take the most broad-minded scientific view that there is an explanation, but also allow that the explanation will not necessarily be contained within the bounds of our current scope of knowledge or understandings.

Peace & blessings.
7L

Most unlikely scenario indeed, all things reasonably considered.
Old 18-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I still like the idea of people from the future mooching about the past. And vice versa.

Funnily enough Gem, I dreamed about you last night. We were talking about bridges in London (UK).

I like the idea too, but am too reasonably minded to become fanciful over it.

Sounds like an awesome dream hahaha.
Old 19-01-2016, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Seems highly unlikely, and there is no phone visible in the clip, of course (let alone the absence of infrastructure for that technology).

LOL...err...if the phone were visible, then I think we'd have our answer, probable or not. In the absence of full visibility and all info, however, then we may speculate!

Quote:
Most unlikely scenario indeed, all things reasonably considered.

Agreed...though not impossible, and that is where I leave it.

Peace & blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke