Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 31-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Eventually, at the pinnacle of peoples spiritual journey, it is absolutely right that we surrender and again merge with god.
Howvever, please understand that avatars, are sent by god, to help that journey, worshipping at thier feet, is worshipping at gods feet.
to surrender to krishna or jesus or mary or sai baba or mother meera will enormously enhance your spiritual growth, way beyond what you are capable of achieveing alone. That is what they come here for.

One can bow to the image, but that was not advised... the Abrahamic religions advise do not worship graven images.
Old 31-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Master
oh well if the abrahamic religions advise it.... this is a hindu thread
Old 06-06-2012, 02:20 PM
chisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
One can bow to the image, but that was not advised... the Abrahamic religions advise do not worship graven images.

Not that this sidetracked topic is worth dwelling on for too long - but I can't think of a religion that doesn't use forms. Even the Abrahamic religions have forms like crosses, the star of David, etc which they use as reminders and points of focus for devotion. Aham Brahmasmi.

"Ekam Sath Viprah Bahudha Vadanti" - Truth is one; the wise speak of it in many ways.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Gofa

Peteryzen "worshiping at their feet, is worshiping at gods feet"

Mahasamatman preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called himself Sam.

Feet are good but the important stuff is in the middle

A venerated saying of the great one Sam
Old 07-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Master
He sounds like a nice man gofa, I know lots of nice men and they have great wisdom. I`m sure he has had a good effect on you as you come across as a very nice person. An avatar is not just a man though. I understand why people have a problem with this, had I not experienced what I have, i too would think it was all bunk. But we are taliking (originally) about krishna here, surely a lot of hindus would love to worship at his feet?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisel
Excellent point, forms are points of devotion, but in the end we must all transcend to the formless.
Very true chisel, but also please consider that when the formless takes form to help us grow, then we should take notice.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:04 PM
chisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Very true chisel, but also please consider that when the formless takes form to help us grow, then we should take notice.

Absolutely, an Avatar's decent is a very special event, in no means do I wish to discount that.

The point I was making is that beyond a certain point in our spiritual evolution, we are all Avatars. Everywhere you look you see that formless taking form. The truth has different levels of existence.

The difference between us and an Avatar like Krishna is that Krishna takes form out of His own free will, with a specific mission, not because of Karmic ties and the baggage of sheaths from previous lives. This makes an Avatar very very special. But everything they are we are too, we have merely forgotten and they have come to remind us. And yes this is special.

This may be more of the Advaita school of thought but I do believe we are essentially saying the same thing :)
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Master
The primary difference between Avatars and us is they live through the body-mind fully as pure universal being, whereas the rest of us are just starting to notice, and maybe beginning to surrender... no matter how far along we may think we are.

Xan

Old 23-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Konjim

Wink

i suggest to you if you want to read more about lord Krishna then you need to read books of krishna where you can find different and more information about Lord Krishna ...

Bhagavad-gita As It Is, H
64 Super Excellent Qualit
Gujarati Bhagavad Gita As
Old 23-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Master
I don't think Krishna was ever a person, just as Christ was never a person, the names only mean a high state of Consciousness , there are many Krishna's and Christ walking on the earth right now, those who are Enlightened.