Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-02-2024, 06:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
No surprise here but I am very skeptical of channeling…..it does convince the one that channels and also enriches them materially……
Good idea. Being channeled gives rise to the authority fallacy. One can at best give them the benefit of the doubt, but the problem with the fallacy is it gives undue credibility to authority by removing it from an 'unauthorised' person. If the fallacy is allowed, the Authority is accepted as true without reason or evidence, and the validity and soundness of points are irrelevant.

I don't know if there is any evidence for Atlantis. I've heard some crazy theories, but not crazy enough to be true.

Of course the Church is fundamentally authoritative in that way, 'Word of God' 'Believe' etc., which might also be a consideration for why congregations are shrinking. People are more educated today, more discerning. They can Google stuff right there in the pew. They are no longer illiterate farmhands like when the Church was reaching new heights.

It's probably not so much that the church had a robust moral foundation back then, either, but people were more gullible and trusting. Now we deal with a sophisticated bunch, the fostering of trust needs to be genuine, but Can Christianity do it without an appeal to authority fallacy? I don't like those odds.
Old 23-02-2024, 07:25 AM
Master
That ^ was kinda the wrong thread, but whatever. It's fine.
Old 23-02-2024, 09:06 AM
Master
Fascinating comments on here - are we allowed to mention the universe created in '6 days??' He rested on the 7th - More stars / planets than grains of sand on the Earths beaches space websites say, lot of work there...

And I'll just add this before I'm told keep it on topic, I just recalled in my mind - I had space posters on my bedroom wall as a teenager of space, I used to say this it can't be never ending, must be a wall at the end of it - what's behind the wall you say lol...

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...

Last edited by one-light : 23-02-2024 at 10:01 AM.
Old 25-02-2024, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
How come Elohim is never mentioned?
Elohim is mention in the first scripture of the Bible, that is, if you read the account in Hebrew.
BJ, is El, the same as Elohim? This seems off topic but is not, since we are talking about the creation of
Adam and Eve when we discuss A and Eve, imo.
And thanks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-02-2024, 11:21 PM
Hi one-light - Re 6 days, I thought most of us knew in Peter a day to the Lord is a 1000 years.
I think most said here has been generally on topic...it's a big topic Adam to Noah! :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-02-2024, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
BJ, is El, the same as Elohim? This seems off topic but is not, since we are talking about the creation of
Adam and Eve when we discuss A and Eve, imo.
And thanks.

When the Bible was being put to writing (probably when the Jews were in captivity in Babylon), the various accounts were apparently compiled to look like one account. For example, the Elohist account which produced the first creation account, introduced Elohim in the first verse of the Bible. In Genesis 2:4, YHWH was introduced for the second creation account. Being there are no words in Greek for either of these words, they should have been transliterated very similar as to how Amen is rendered. But it wasn't done that way. Elohim is generally rendered as God whereas YHWH is rendered as LORD. Elohim probably is close to the idea of I AM and is the entity I suspect most resonate with whereas YHWH is looked upon as a harsh God.

Remember, Jesus quoted the Old testament when he said "We are all gods (Hebrew word is Elohim)" which gives the flavor that WE brought about creation.

I look at both entities mentioned in the creation account as opinions that each group provided for creation.

When these opinions where woven together, expressions where used to make the accounts manageable. For example, some expressions are Elohim Yahweh (YHWH) and Yahweh (YHWH) Elohim. In English, people normally don't notice this but in Hebrew it stands out like a red light.

As for El, that seems to be a word that has multiple meanings. Is it a short cut for Elohim: who knows.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-02-2024, 01:55 AM
BJ, thank you.

Old 26-02-2024, 05:21 PM
Master

We now know everything is made from super small particles. So whoever created stuff started there I guess. God would have had to made atoms and the smaller stuff that makes up atoms. Then the smaller stuff that probably makes that smaller stuff. We don't have the tools that allows us to see stuff that small.

But then the obvious question what is God made out of and who or what made that stuff? Then people say God always existed...always lol. The questions can't be understood by humans. It really makes no sense to a human. Something existing forever without any cause? Existing where and in what right? Say God always existed, what about the space God found itself in? It too always existed? Then the powers this God has and the form/body... always existed and made out of what?

It's mind boggling. Then the fact dinosaurs, a creation, were wiped out. Why create something that fails? Makes one think the creators of such things are not all powerful and cannot account for things that may happen in the future like whatever killed off the dinosaur life form experiment. My thought is things are a lot more complicated than humans want to imagine.

All humans do is create. Look around this planet! Covered with human made junk. Our dumps are overflowing. I'd assume we create out of these bodies as well. Some people think of one God as the creator, but imagine trillions of creators.... every soul that exists out there messing around creating stuff as that is what we do.
Old 26-02-2024, 05:30 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As for El, that seems to be a word that has multiple meanings. Is it a short cut for Elohim: who knows.
Big John,

My understanding is that ‘elohim’’ refers to all the gods whereas ‘Elohim’ refers to God………
Old 26-02-2024, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Big John,
My understanding is that ‘elohim’’ refers to all the gods whereas ‘Elohim’ refers to God………
It depends, Elohim can mean several things. Sometimes it refers to plural 'gods,' "You shall have no other gods before me" (Deuteronomy 5:7). Sometimes it refers to the singular 'God,' "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1).....