Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-04-2023, 05:56 PM
Molearner

I remain skeptical whether the Holy Spirit leads anyone to a medium or psychic. One of the feature of the Reformation was to remove the idea of the need for a middleman. By making the Bible accessible to all the priest and the Pontiff(bridge) were no longer the guardians to the gate.
Old 28-04-2023, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
I would agree with Redchic, it's all in the intent.
Our life is a co-creation, so people may be bad because of others' wishes, intents or beliefs.
Sometimes we are the main director of our life, sometimes we are actors.
Are you applying that to my point that tho a person's intent or even compulsion is bad
about 'something' robbery or sex...that would
make them less psychic or a medium, etc?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-04-2023, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I remain skeptical whether the Holy Spirit leads anyone to a medium or psychic.
I missed where that was brought up.
But, IF a person believed in Medical intervention would the Holy Spirit lead someone to the correct doctor?
I dunno.
So if a person believed in mediums and they needed guidance ---could they be lead to a particular medium that could help them?
I dunno...maybe their deceased mom could get thru to them.
Outta my realm of speculation.

If we are all getting off topic, sky let us know. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-04-2023, 06:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Are you applying that to my point that tho a person's intent or even compulsion is bad
about 'something' robbery or sex...that would
make them less psychic or a medium, etc?
We are in the Christianity section, in this context I don't know.
In yoga or buddhism, developing the samadhi concentration comes with the development of psychic abilities, together with the bad karma going away.

If someone starts building bad karma again, then the psychic abilities will leave, imo.
However if the person is found guilty of something, not because of their will / intent, but for whatever bad scenario that happened, I guess the person would keep their abilities.

Last edited by Guillaume : 28-04-2023 at 07:31 PM.
Old 28-04-2023, 08:18 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
We are in the Christianity section, in this context I don't know.
Yes it is good to be reminded of this…which makes it odd that mediums and psychics has been introduced here…..
Old 28-04-2023, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
…which makes it odd that mediums and psychics have been introduced here…..
The door opened questioning a priest having the power to transmute a wafer into JC's body when
many have done bad things, as we all know.
It took off from there with me using examples of other things....to make a point....you could also
ask why was a Prime Minister brought up ...it was a mere example to make a point.
And now it's over.

Old 29-04-2023, 12:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You can be bad person, troubled, hurt others due to your psychological dysfunction...
and still be that medium, psychic, PM or healer.
What an odd interpretation, not only for Christianity, I imagine, but for any spiritual school.
Old 29-04-2023, 12:36 AM
Master

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
New King James Version

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to [a]buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Old 29-04-2023, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
What an odd interpretation, not only for Christianity, I imagine, but for any spiritual school.
Why do I say this? Because when you 'got it' you got it.
You can try to drink the medium or psychic in you away ...but it's still there.
A priest can show up drunk being called for the Last Rites...it does not diminish his blessing...nor does it turning a wafer into the Eucharist.
That is why I brought up mediums and such; the person's frailties do not diminish the blessing or gift they have...
no matter how the world judges them. From my direct exp, that is.

Old 29-04-2023, 01:16 AM
Molearner

Pixiedust,

Thanks for posting that scripture. I cannot copy and post on my IPad. That scripture was in reference to being flawed and Paul learned to see the value of it. It invites help when one is humbled by his weaknesses.