Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 25-02-2023, 08:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Great video Joe. Ahh they were the good ol days. Yep AngelB I’ll “throw the prawns on the barbie” ha ha

It's very nice glad you like it.

__________________________________________________ ____

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 25-02-2023, 08:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
The voyage - Christy Moore ..
Beautiful lyrics , especially the chorus.

Life is an Ocean
And Love is a boat
In Trouble Waters it keeps
us afloat
When we started the voyage
there was just me and you
Now gathered round us we
have our own crew

It speaks about us being all destined to be together as human beings
Despite our reservations about each other from time to time. Even a hermit
has to commune with the birds and the bees and his or her environment.
There is no getting away from it. Hope this doesn't cause anxiety in anyone though.
John Paul Satre,the French existentialist said that "Hell was other people."
Unfortunately I had a small taste of it yesterday but hey ho ... but this
morning I had a nice little revelatory thought which was consoling and threw a little
light on the matter in the form of wisdom.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

__________________________________________________ ____________________

__________________________________________________ _____

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 25-02-2023, 10:34 AM
Master

Absolutely beautiful and poignant lyrics Joe.
My own initial interpretation was the " me and you " were the young couple that went along life's journey with all its obstacles and the "crew" were the beautiful children and grandchildren created as a result ....

But what do I know ??

As for hell !!!!
I do not think man is hell.
But I firmly believe that earth is !!!!
But as I keep saying...
What do I know ????? LOL...
( I think in time to come you will discover I'm somebody of great significance ... The biggest "soothsayer " of recent times !
Wink wink ! ....)
( Just play along petal !! )....LOL....

( Oh. You had a taste of hell ? If you wish to expand even in private I promise I can get it "sorted " for you...
I got your back....
Dear me... It's not good is it ....)
Old 26-02-2023, 08:08 AM
Master

It's a great song definitely and that is the main interpretation lol. I also try to give at least one other interpretation so someone that might be feeling left out
and feel that their families and experience of life wasn't from The Waltons or the Brady Bunch lol can relate to the song. I know you'd be with me on that.

Thank you kindly for the offer of a listening ear, it can really help. I would consider myself to be a bit sensitive at times, too sensitive as well but some lovely insensitive woman
said something about my singing the otherday lol. I was in the company of a brilliant singer and she said oh he can sing but i cant hahaha .. Next day though i thought ...there is a big difference between saying you cant sing and i dont like your singing..that is an interesting thought to explore.

So I've also heard the same singer that was with me say that Christy Moore cant sing. And then recently too I've heard Christy Dignam say that Leonard Cohen can't sing but he is a brilliant poet...all that kind of stuff lololol. So interesting stuff. Much Ado about Nothing. Thanks for listening lol.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Old 26-02-2023, 08:26 AM
Master

Oh my goodness Joe... And THIS is how I knew you were a piscean even before you confirmed it the other day.
Sensitive to a point that if anyone says anything about you , you feel it deeply and can take days to get over it.
You have got to remember that not everyone is as sensitive as you and they just "say stuff" without thinking.
I'm the same being an Empath . I easily become wounded .
But far better to be sensitive and caring and wounded than the person that makes people feel that way ?
You would not want to be that person !!!!

As for music itself , each of us are born with different "hearing" , a bit like fingerprints LOL...
Now let's be honest , it is common knowledge that Bob Dylan is NOT the best singer in the world , even by his own admission !!!
But just look at how popular he is !!
As for Leonard Cohen....
What can I say ? One word . ""HALLELUJAH ""...LOL..
So even dear Christy has "different " hearing !!!!!!
I would love to hear you sing. And if you are **** I'll tell you !
Old 26-02-2023, 09:30 AM
Master

Quote:
As for music itself , each of us are born with different "hearing" , a bit like fingerprints LOL...
Now let's be honest , it is common knowledge that Bob Dylan is NOT the best singer in the world , even by his own admission !!!
But just look at how popular he is !!As for Leonard Cohen....What can I say ? One word . ""HALLELUJAH ""...LOL..
So even dear Christy has "different " hearing !!!!!!I would love to hear you sing. And if you are **** I'll tell you !

Thanks for your very positive reflection, I really appreciate it. Yes I'm empathetic to a fault always have been but as you say it is painful sometimes but it is also a blessing and you can become a good healer etc. I remember one time I was busking, it was my first or second time, so absolutely bricking myself So I said to myself, may this music bring some healing to somebody and as soon as I did, it all flowed pretty good and it was a great feeling.
Yes that point you make about being ourselves, open and sensitive and loving as we can is important and don't trade it for harsh attitudes, those attitudes are almost at DNA level and it can be difficult to change those folks as they seem to know it all. lol. I try to remain as open to them and understand that parental woundedness that went on in childhood etc. etc. It is a tough gig for them and so I'm aware of it, despite the front they often put up.

Wowww the points you make about singers and how our individual perception of music and sound and lyrics are all different, brilliant point Christy said that Cohen was a poet unsurpassed of course lol. He used Cohen's song Marianne on an album recently. Absolutely right about Dylan, when I first heard his music I was like WTH ..i was faking it a bit as a teenager but there was some kind of genuine connection. Of course my Father who is a great singer as i said, had to say Dylan can't sing ??? I still remember that comment to this day. As for hearing me and if I'm XXXX that did make me laugh !!!! hahahaha ..

__________________________________________________ _____

Last edited by Joe Mc : 26-02-2023 at 01:33 PM.
Old 26-02-2023, 10:22 AM
Master

Heehee...... See , it's ALL good !!!
LOL... We really do have to laugh or we would cry . It's a shame Dylan Thomas never became a singer ! He would have been in the same league as Bob Dylan ( and Dylan Thomas was one of Bob Dylan's muses ..)

I KNOW how deeply you feel any critique .
And I know how that knocks your confidence. But don't let one or two naysayers spoil the gift of music that you have been given.
You are given this gift for a reason.
Me personally was not given that gift , I can't sing a note !!!!!!!!!!!
Your dad in a way was correct about Dylan LOL.... But nevertheless he has a cult following and he WRITES!
Not only for himself but for many other singing artists for which he does not always get accolade.
Hmmmmm.... So at this point I need to mention Elvis. As popular as he was he didn't write or compose anything !!
Old 27-02-2023, 09:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Heehee...... See , it's ALL good !!!
LOL... We really do have to laugh or we would cry . It's a shame Dylan Thomas never became a singer ! He would have been in the same league as Bob Dylan ( and Dylan Thomas was one of Bob Dylan's muses ..)

I KNOW how deeply you feel any critique .
And I know how that knocks your confidence. But don't let one or two naysayers spoil the gift of music that you have been given.
You are given this gift for a reason.
Me personally was not given that gift , I can't sing a note !!!!!!!!!!!
Your dad in a way was correct about Dylan LOL.... But nevertheless he has a cult following and he WRITES!
Not only for himself but for many other singing artists for which he does not always get accolade.
Hmmmmm.... So at this point I need to mention Elvis. As popular as he was he didn't write or compose anything !!

Yes indeedy, great comparison between Dylan and Elvis. Dylan was writing hits for fun it seems. Like the song Wagon Wheel that became very famous here with Nathan Carter, a Scouser. People don't even associate that song with Dylan but he wrote most of it at least. Make you Feel my Love another example. Elvis was a different class alright as a singer, lovely voice, he got into murky waters with addiction and the vipers in the music industry, which killed him, a shame, as he seemed very upright and decent and learned loads from the Black and White Gospel Churches in the Southern States of America.

__________________________________________________ _______

Old 27-02-2023, 11:39 AM
Master

Hi Joe and reference to above. Yes it's true. Dylan I feel has raw talent. A diamond in the rough. The world will mourn when he passes. Elvis I feel was more "manufactured". He didn't write but yes he could sing in the "right way" , and by that I mean in the most "appealing " way. Elvis had sex appeal. He knew how to perform , he had a following that I firmly believe cannot be compared to any other recording artist in my lifetime . He had it all except the one thing that matters most. I don't believe he was happy.
He made so many sacrifices being famous, and he paid for it at a very young age. Yes ... Addicted to prescribed pills , but it's no wonder . Seeing him in his prime, and seeing him at the end , still performing , was quite distressing to witness.
Overweight , obviously not well, sweating profusely , but STILL brilliant.
Such a sad story. And now re-united with his precious girl lisa- Marie.
(Did you know Elvis was blonde ?? ..)

And we talk about about the brilliant poets, painters , authors , musicians etc... And going back to Victorian times it's amazing how many of them were deemed "mad" ... Or at very least addicted to some substance or other as seemed the "norm".
The Victorians of course we're addicted to alcohol , opium or arsenic as "flavour of the month" ...
The poorer "greats" of course used to spend their life licking the wallpaper as the paste contained arsenic.
But many of the "classic" authors/ poets/ musicians that we learnt about and love had addictions and sad lives.
Old 28-02-2023, 08:22 AM
Master

Quote:
And we talk about about the brilliant poets, painters , authors , musicians etc... And going back to Victorian times it's amazing how many of them were deemed "mad" Or at very least addicted to some substance or other as seemed the "norm". The Victorians of course we're addicted to alcohol , opium or arsenic as "flavour of the month" The poorer "greats" of course used to spend their life licking the wallpaper as the paste contained arsenic.But many of the "classic" authors/ poets/ musicians that we learnt about and love had addictions and sad lives.

Yes definitely two different creatures Dylan and Elvis. It's very tragic amongst modern artists too, a huge list for sure. I saw a couple of photos of Elvis as a boy and he was blonde but alot of kids such as my brother etc. were blonde as kids ? It's just sad that the money and fame doesn't buy you the psychology or spirituality to avoid tragedy in that regard but it also proves the qualities you need to survive and grow wise are not really for sale on the High Street. Young artists probably should be encouraged to study people like McCarthney, Elton John, Roy Orbison, John Lydon before they enter the industry and life style and what the survival gene means in these artists etc. ...all good

PS. Here is a dark one but a good !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonT-68cL2U

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

__________________________________________________ ___________

Last edited by Joe Mc : 28-02-2023 at 09:03 AM.