Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 09-03-2023, 12:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
One cannot awake into nonduality. It cannot be experienced or realised. ...There is no escape from duality for consciousness thus. It is not something anyone wishes to hear. It is absolutely hopeless. But it is the reality of the situation.
If what you say is true then it is all out of our control and not worth worrying about.

But the ideas you put forward contradict the teachings of those who are far more wise than you and me.

And given the choice of being guided by what you say or what is said by e.g. Ramana Maharshi, I know whose guidance I would choose.

Peace
Old 09-03-2023, 02:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Many would disagree with this. Is the brain really the creator of thought? Or does the brain simply act as the receiver of thoughts?

I think our spirit guides can implant thoughts. That's how they make destined couples karmically meant to marry find each other.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:59 AM
Master

Quote:
is still unable to merge with the absolute.

A drop of water in the ocean is already connected to the entire ocean. I would not say it has merged though, it's still a drop.
Old 09-03-2023, 03:05 AM
Master

Quote:
We cannot become one with the unchanging.
The human population on earth has gone from a few thousand to over 8 billion. That's a lot of new souls. I think the absolute is always changing as it adds new souls to it's reality. Everything is always changing I think.
Old 09-03-2023, 03:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
If what you say is...
... guidance I would choose.
Peace
Yeah it is out of our control from my experience. Forevermore unpredictable. The control that may appear, is just an appearance. Temporary illusion.

Infact, the person doesn't even exist. That is how dire the situation is. To nonduality, the person that we believe we are is not even existing as a real thing. It is literally an illusion.

This cannot be taught. No one can realise nonduality. The closest one can come to it, is pure chaos. Faster than light and motionless. Always novel. New. Unique. Without even becoming anything. And these are still the awareness as a dream.

It is undefinable. The definitions are also part of it, but only as an illusion, together with the person we believe we are. Without these, it is simply unknowable already always now unknowable. Already right now all of this is not known. What is really here and now is not knowable. Already right now. And this moment is all there is. It never became this moment and it will never dissapear. Only what appears to be is dissapearing. It is an illusion. It is not really what is.

What really is, is nondual, is unknowable. Unrealisable. Unconsciousnessable. Consciousness is just an illusion in it. And it cannot be dismantled, the consciousness. Because the nondual is so infinite that nothing can be avoided.

Whatever will appear to happen will appear to happen. But its not ever going to become real. For consciousness, duality is all there is. Illusion is all there is. It is indeed hopeless to worry about it. As we can never realise the nondual to change anything.

This is completely beyond any self. I am the self. Nondual is completely and forever and totally beyond everything and anything. It is everything. It is forever beyond me.

I am nothing but an illusion existing in it.
Old 09-03-2023, 04:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
A drop of water in the ocean is already connected to the entire ocean. I would not say it has merged though, it's still a drop.
The absolute is not an ocean tho. There is nothing there to compare anything to it. Not even awareness. Sadly.
Old 09-03-2023, 04:04 AM
Master
Quote:
The human population on...
... always changing I think.
Those are just appearances occuring within the illusionary realm of awareness.
In the absolute, there is no change and no awareness. No self. No other.

To awareness, all there is is just a dream. There is no outside to it. Awareness itself is a dream.
Old 09-03-2023, 04:31 AM
Master

Quote:
In the absolute, there is no change and no awareness. No self. No other. There is no outside to it.
If you are saying we cannot merge or experience the absolute, you are saying we exist independently from the absolute, in other words, the absolute is not really the absolute as things exist, like us and duality, apart from it. Seems like a logic flaw in your ideas. If the absolute exists apart from us, it is not absolute at all. It has narrow limits and powers.

If we can change and the absolute can't that also makes us more powerful than the absolute as we have the power to change and it doesn't. Can we have something the absolute doesn't? That also seems like the absolute is not absolute at all as it is lacking things that exist like change.

Same thing with awareness. We have it and the absolute does not? That makes us more powerful than the absolute. Either the absolute contains all selves, or it is not absolute. It is lacking what is. It's in a box in a corner lacking all the things that exist, that makes us, us.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
If you are saying...
....that exist, that makes us, us.
So this is the absolute also. All these relativities and confusion and suffering and feeling completely lost. Never knowing what to do to alleviate suffering in endless newly arising forms. How can I accept that this state of being will last for all eternity. It is absolutely tormenting to think that.

Maybe I just want experience and awareness to go away, but it can't. It feels like a permanent psychosis.

I want to beg the absolute to have mercy on me. But that never helped.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:42 PM
Master

Quote:
That which expands also contracts.
I prefer to place my trust in what most astrophysicists say about the universe. They say the universe is constantly expanding. The latest data collected by astronomers agrees with the constantly expanding universe.