Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-06-2021, 05:00 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Excellent points on the LILA (the "game", the play of consciousness) and "the rules are like building a pathway/dam".

Thanks....
Old 21-06-2021, 06:17 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Thank you for the information. I just listened to the video and it was interesting.

Please check 2 conversations of Donald Hoffman with Tom Bilyeu...

And also - Annaka Harris "mystery of Consciousness"... Nima Arkani-Hamed (where I came to learn about Gravity, Quantum and Space-time is doomed. he is really a Game changer).

Last edited by Viswa : 21-06-2021 at 08:23 AM.
Old 21-06-2021, 07:17 AM
Master
“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” Yoko Ono
Old 21-06-2021, 08:06 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” Yoko Ono

"A dream - where individual don't know where he is - is not actual Dreams. A dream - where he knows he is (i.e. in a objective reality) - is the actual dream. In this dream, the 'One' dreams itself as many and the many acknowledge itself as an Individual and creates the concept of Subject and Object". Viswa

Last edited by Viswa : 21-06-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old 21-06-2021, 02:38 PM
Master
QUOTE50 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH

By game rules in life , i mean scientific laws (may be physical , astronomical , chemical , biological , geological so on and so forth ...) which are definitely like build pathways / dam and which are constantly being refined and enhanced to benefit human kind.

By "game rules", I also include the "scientific laws" that you mentioned in your post. Having met the extraordinary yogis of the Himalayas as well as other remarkable beings throughout the world, my understanding is that even those rules don't really apply to those who understand the subtle nature of the Reality and thus perform what many identify as "miracles".
Even the philosopher Immanuel Kant alluded to this when he indicated that cause and effect are just another way of thinking.

I concur with Viswa that, ULTIMATELY, there are indeed no fixed "rules" but one cannot ignore causation (as a Zen master has said) and that supports your point of view. You are both "right' despite making outwardly contradictory statements albeit from different perspectives.
Old 21-06-2021, 02:56 PM
Viswa

Quote:
QUOTE50 EXCERPT:

By "game rules", I also include the "scientific laws" that you mentioned in your post. Having met the extraordinary yogis of the Himalayas as well as other remarkable beings throughout the world, my understanding is that even those rules don't really apply to those who understand the subtle nature of the Reality and thus perform what many identify as "miracles".
Even the philosopher Immanuel Kant alluded to this when he indicated that cause and effect are just another way of thinking.

I concur with Viswa that, ULTIMATELY, there are indeed no fixed "rules" but one cannot ignore causation (as a Zen master has said) and that supports your point of view. You are both "right' despite making outwardly contradictory statements albeit from different perspectives.

I agree....But what I conveyed is - "spirituality" is not a field to have rules like how other fields - to have a 'rule' for itself...It just happens...there is no cause for the "causality"...It starts the play for No reason...But witness. Create rules for 'all activities' but not bound to rules..
Old 21-06-2021, 03:09 PM
Master

rules

Quote:
QUOTE50 EXCERPT:

Stillwaters , thanks for ur feedback. I appreciate your understanding n context.
Old 22-06-2021, 08:08 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
Is everything a Dream?
A Dream that happens in a single conscious mind?
Dreams are the unconscious trying to 'send a message' to the conscious. And since the ego is the centre of the field of consciousness it 'filters' what it decides is relevant or not - hence we have threads like these.

What many people don't realise is that they are the dream thinking it is the dreamer.
Old 22-06-2021, 12:48 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Dreams are the unconscious trying to 'send a message' to the conscious. And since the ego is the centre of the field of consciousness it 'filters' what it decides is relevant or not - hence we have threads like these.

What many people don't realise is that they are the dream thinking it is the dreamer.

Old 22-06-2021, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
Please check 2 conversations of Donald Hoffman with Tom Bilyeu...

And also - Annaka Harris "mystery of Consciousness"... Nima Arkani-Hamed (where I came to learn about Gravity, Quantum and Space-time is doomed. he is really a Game changer).

I am in the process of checking out Donald Hoffman as I have always tried to approach the Reality from as many different perspectives as possible, including Quantum Physics.

There is a great book, Quantum Questions (Edited by Ken Wilber) which contains the "mystical writings" of some of the world's most prominent Nobel-prize-winning Quantum Physicists .... Schroedinger, Einstein, DeBroglie, Eddington, Planck, etc. It is very consistent with what Donald Hoffman says. In addition, the dialogues between Krishnamurti and David Bohm are also excellent.