Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 14-02-2011, 04:29 AM
equuslife

Well, Smarty Pants, when I answer everything in a post by using a colored font inside a quote box it thinks I did not post the minimum 10 letters of characters to be a "real post" so I just stuck those in!

And who you calling "kid"? I'm probably old enough to be your mother!! LOL!!

Ah, mac, thanks. You're the best entertainment I've had all day.
Old 14-02-2011, 02:36 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by equuslife
Well, Smarty Pants, when I answer everything in a post by using a colored font inside a quote box it thinks I did not post the minimum 10 letters of characters to be a "real post" so I just stuck those in!

And who you calling "kid"? I'm probably old enough to be your mother!! LOL!!

Ah, mac, thanks. You're the best entertainment I've had all day.

Glad I brought you a chuckle - I'm nearly 64 so that'd make you around 80 if your claim is correct!

If you choose to use coloured typefaces - as I often do myself for simplicity when answering - you first need to remove the quote formatting and then you don't have to add the extraneous symbols

Have a great day with your equine buddies....
Old 14-02-2011, 02:58 PM
equuslife

Old 14-02-2011, 03:39 PM
mac

If only it were that easy to get out of the world, eh? The over-population risk might diminish rapidly!
Old 14-02-2011, 03:55 PM
equuslife

One of the principles of Spiritualism that I resonates with me is that we are responsible for creating our own reality. It is just that when my reality is less than pleasing I dislike reminding myself that I created it.

This explains why the "Escape Button Theory" does not work.

I have to do the work.

Sigh.
Old 14-02-2011, 04:10 PM
mac

Quote:
One of the principles of Spiritualism that I resonates with me is that we are responsible for creating our own reality. It is just that when my reality is less than pleasing I dislike reminding myself that I created it.

This explains why the "Escape Button Theory" does not work.

I have to do the work.

Sigh.

I think you've misunderstood slightly...

After our passing we may create for ourselves an environment in which we feel comfortable - 'our own reality' if you wish - or we may share whatever one we find suits us along with others of like mind.

The 'reality' we find ourselves in right now may, or may not, be the situation in which we intended to end up. Not every outcome is as we planned or desired - in that it's different to the etheric, one fundamental reason we're here in the first place.

It's true that to a greater or lesser degree we chose before we set off a life which would meet our needs as closely as possible.

When that "...reality is less than pleasing" it may be down to what we chose or equally down to events unfurling in ways we didn't anticipate - we can never know the details of what we chose while we're still on this side of the divide.

The reasons for this would justify a topic thread of their own.
Old 14-02-2011, 04:25 PM
equuslife

Interesting because your philosophy seems to differ from what I am researching and reading in my exploration of Spiritualism. Although, I am getting multiple variations on the same theme from many different sources. I suppose there are different beliefs in Spiritualism dependent on the source of the information. Certainly another variable is the individuals interpretation, my own included.

Much to lick and chew over. (Just to clarify, that is what horses do when they are "processing a thought" and an expression I use frequently out of habit. I don't really sit around and lick anything or chew on things. Well, sometimes......)
Old 14-02-2011, 04:33 PM
mac

Quote:
Interesting because your philosophy seems to differ from what I am researching and reading in my exploration of Spiritualism. Although, I am getting multiple variations on the same theme from many different sources. I suppose there are different beliefs in Spiritualism dependent on the source of the information. Certainly another variable is the individuals interpretation, my own included.

Much to lick and chew over. (Just to clarify, that is what horses do when they are "processing a thought" and an expression I use frequently out of habit. I don't really sit around and lick anything or chew on things. Well, sometimes......)

As I mentioned earlier, in the US things are different even though the same word is used - maybe that's something you're encountering?

In general neither personal interpretations nor personal beliefs aren't needed as ample guidance, over many decades, has been given about the fundamentals...

Where anyone has the words "I believe" anywhere in what they say, I tend to discount such versions - personal beliefs don't wash for me....

I listen to the spiritually-evolved teachers' accounts for my guidance.
Old 14-02-2011, 04:35 PM
mac

"Interesting because your philosophy seems to differ from what I am researching..." Not actually my philosophy at all - it's Spiritualist (as taught in the UK) philosophy.
Old 14-02-2011, 04:39 PM
equuslife

I stand corrected.

Perhaps you would be willing to divulge some UK sources so that I might compare and learn more?