Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 14-05-2020, 11:10 PM
ant

I'd rather see clearly,rather than observing the world through the lens of hurts,fears and insecurities,which distort our vision.
Old 15-05-2020, 12:15 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Dear @legrand and @Ketzer. Yep .. a roam around a cemetery. The quiet tranquil beauty . The old lopsided grave stones. The peace. The being "careful" not to step on anyone. The history. The respect.
Yes, all of that. I also like to look at the date and then stop for a moment and wonder what life might have been like for that individual. I can't know of course, but they probably faced many of the same sorts of dramas and challenges, highs and lows, that we face today, but under different circumstances, different culture, different standards, different expectations of them. Somehow knowing they once had all those same worries and troubles gives me a feeling of kinship with them and all those who lived before me. It also helps me put my worries and troubles into a different perspective. Thinking about the culture, standards and expectations they faced in their time makes me question the ones I live by today.
Physicists might say that time as we experience it is really an illusion, and I understand why they would say that. Yet walking through a cemetery, past an old abandoned building, or just going back and visiting ones home town, where one grew up, after a long absence, makes time feels very real and palpable, for some reason it is a feeling I like to feel.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:34 AM
Elfin

Whoa... Lovely words @ketzer and @Legeand.. cannot argue with any of it... ( I'm the lion)...and the world was never broken. It wasn't even cracked.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:41 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Yes, all of that. I also like to look at the date and then stop for a moment and wonder what life might have been like for that individual. I can't know of course, but they probably faced many of the same sorts of dramas and challenges, highs and lows, that we face today, but under different circumstances, different culture, different standards, different expectations of them. Somehow knowing they once had all those same worries and troubles gives me a feeling of kinship with them and all those who lived before me. It also helps me put my worries and troubles into a different perspective. Thinking about the culture, standards and expectations they faced in their time makes me question the ones I live by today.
Physicists might say that time as we experience it is really an illusion, and I understand why they would say that. Yet walking through a cemetery, past an old abandoned building, or just going back and visiting ones home town, where one grew up, after a long absence, makes time feels very real and palpable, for some reason it is a feeling I like to feel.
And that is what it's all about . Putting things in perspective. Too many people go around in life looking at what they "don't have", as opposed to seeing what they "do have". I am always grateful for what I do have. But many are blinkered... They " look" but don't "see".... There's a difference... Same as "hearing" without " listening"....
Old 15-05-2020, 12:07 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
I'd rather see clearly,rather than observing the world through the lens of hurts,fears and insecurities,which distort our vision.
We all wish to see clearly. But sometimes hurt, fear, and insecurity are a part of the life experience whether our human mind wants to accept them or not. If I choose to put on a pair of polarized lenses that filter out the feeling of such things, then am I seeing life clearly, or only seeing what I have chosen to see? Polarized sun glasses are good for fishing, but not so much, I suspect, for living.

I don't like feeling hurt, afraid, or insecure. Yet I expect that life needs to be felt, not just observed. To live, I must allow myself to take risks despite my fear of ending up feeling hurt. Those who seek too much security in life, may fail to follow their dreams because they do not believe they are possible, and they risk getting to the end only to feel as if they have not lived at all. To live life well, I suspect that we must accept that it is a polar experience, and allow life to express itself fully within us, the good and bad, the up and down.

Life is meant to be lived as a drama. When it is over, there will be time to write the documentary about its making.

Old 15-05-2020, 12:28 PM
Elfin

Quote:
We all wish to see clearly. But sometimes hurt, fear, and insecurity are a part of the life experience whether our human mind wants to accept them or not. If I choose to put on a pair of polarized lenses that filter out the feeling of such things, then am I seeing life clearly, or only seeing what I have chosen to see? Polarized sun glasses are good for fishing, but not so much, I suspect, for living.

I don't like feeling hurt, afraid, or insecure. Yet I expect that life needs to be felt, not just observed. To live, I must allow myself to take risks despite my fear of ending up feeling hurt. Those who seek too much security in life, may fail to follow their dreams because they do not believe they are possible, and they risk getting to the end only to feel as if they have not lived at all. To live life well, I suspect that we must accept that it is a polar experience, and allow life to express itself fully within us, the good and bad, the up and down.

Life is meant to be lived as a drama. When it is over, there will be time to write the documentary about its making.

And we are all part of that documentary. We create history as we speak.. none more so than what we are living through just now, because this virus will be remembered, talked about, learnt about for decades to come, just like the great wars, the Spanish flu and suchlike. We are the here and now, living it, creating it, we are the future, we are the past.
Old 15-05-2020, 02:33 PM
ketzer

Quote:
And we are all part of that documentary. We create history as we speak.. none more so than what we are living through just now, because this virus will be remembered, talked about, learnt about for decades to come, just like the great wars, the Spanish flu and suchlike. We are the here and now, living it, creating it, we are the future, we are the past.

It is a bit of serendipity perhaps, but I was searching for something after reading a post in a different thread and this popped up. It is a bit of prose from a book that turned up in the search and upon reading it I thought immediate of your post above. How behind each of those corona virus fatality statistics, there may be an entire world being devastated. An event that may set off wars and searches for meaning within the vast interiors of those left behind. Once again, reading it is so gut wrenching sad, yet so beautiful at the same time. It seems impossible and even a bit wrong that the two can exist at the same time, yet they do.
Old 15-05-2020, 03:54 PM
Elfin

Quote:
It is a bit of serendipity perhaps, but I was searching for something after reading a post in a different thread and this popped up. It is a bit of prose from a book that turned up in the search and upon reading it I thought immediate of your post above. How behind each of those corona virus fatality statistics, there may be an entire world being devastated. An event that may set off wars and searches for meaning within the vast interiors of those left behind. Once again, reading it is so gut wrenching sad, yet so beautiful at the same time. It seems impossible and even a bit wrong that the two can exist at the same time, yet they do.
Well there you go. .... Serendipity. For do I not know that I'm round my house with the vaccumn on and all j can hear in my head is the word "serendipity" over and over! .
Old 16-05-2020, 07:56 AM
ant

Is the past right?

When it's been driven by the male ego.

What about a reverse slate.

And have females be the dominant force.
Old 16-05-2020, 12:21 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Well there you go. .... Serendipity. For do I not know that I'm round my house with the vaccumn on and all j can hear in my head is the word "serendipity" over and over! .
Sorry, you could put the buzzing fly back on and see if that drowns it out for ya.