Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-07-2020, 09:47 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

'Talk' to your nerve-receptors maybe ...

https://my.yoga-vidya.org/profiles/b...e-of-their-own
I have some kind of medical condition that makes me cold all the time --- it's not natural --- I'm really cold all the time it's miserable

other people can be sitting around in their underwear with their shirts off and be perfectly fine and I will be bundled up in layers and have blankets wrapped around me and have hypothermia --- my grandmother was the same way -- I guess that's where I got it from --- she used to tell me that I was anemic - but I honestly don't know what the problem is -- I just know its cold when it's 110°
my body creates warmth when I'm doing yin yoga while I'm straining in a stretch -- but the second I get out of it I'm immediately cold again - I can generate some heat while working but I will still somehow be cold at the same time
Old 07-07-2020, 10:29 PM
Master
I think we're sensitive to lighter/higher energies that's why we can hear/sense them. I think it's a good thing. Scizophrenia/sensitive to energy.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:25 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I think we're sensitive to lighter/higher energies that's why we can hear/sense them. I think it's a good thing. Scizophrenia/sensitive to energy.

maybe a good thing if you knew how to control it and use it in a good way - but it's not good if it's messing with you

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...r5F77mGxBBY43g
Old 13-07-2020, 03:55 PM
Seeker

Quote:
I talk to the voices sometimes but their really negative and seem to have nothing good to say so most of the time I just ignore them.

Every morning and evening sit somewhere calm and quite and pray for 5 minutes calling 'Oh Guru'. Do it for 10 days and tell me the result.
Old 13-07-2020, 07:09 PM
Ascender
I'm not hearing the voices anymore that I used to - after I told them to get lost
Old 14-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Schizophrenia and 'higher energies' are very different, and schizophrenia has nothing to do with sensitivity to energies. Looking for a Spiritual solution to schizophrenia is denial/avoidance and in most cases only makes things worse.
Old 14-07-2020, 12:59 PM
lejonjus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Looking for a Spiritual solution to schizophrenia is denial/avoidance and in most cases only makes things worse.

Hey Greenslade. Your response got my attention.

"in most cases makes things worse"

How so? I would like to know your experience and what was used. What would you suggest to make it better.

Knowing if they went through the clinical route already would be helpful. I see that more likely to happen over "spiritual solutions"

Spiritual solutions is acknowledging there is more than we know at play and is not meant to be the only thing used.

I would be surprised if spirituality is the only approach to treatment. What I see happening in the clinical field is mental health disorders being used to discredit or disvalue what the person is sharing or experiencing. Disregarding their value and soul's process. I mentioned in another thread relating to schizophrenia how historically with certain tribes/shamanism their is value and spiritual significance to what they are experiencing and is not treated only as a disfunction.
Old 14-07-2020, 01:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Schizophrenia and 'higher energies' are very different, and schizophrenia has nothing to do with sensitivity to energies. Looking for a Spiritual solution to schizophrenia is denial/avoidance and in most cases only makes things worse.
I agree but, because I 'see' all e-motion (including anger, hate, fear, etc.) being spiritual, only sort of.

Anger is spiritual. Fear is spiritual. "I want what I want the way I want it" Greed is spiritual. Schizophrenics are often 'freaked out' (become unbalanced, unglued, etc.) as a result of their and others' e-motions of 'fear', 'anger', 'greed', etc. in relation to other aspects of 'the world' around them. They have to learn to recover and manage to maintain relational 'balance' and 'connection' in such 'predicament' if they are to become and continue to be functional.

What I think you, GS, are referencing are referencing as 'spiritual' - connection to and involvement with 'higher energies' etc. - is generally (not always, now!) dissociative in purpose. This only exacerbates 'schizophrenia' which is essentially a 'dissociative' disorder.

What 'schisophrenics' and (IMO) many 'spiritual' 'high flyers' need if they are to be able to engage in positively functional relationships with others is to 'ground' their 'spirituality' in the 'reality' of this world, the world that, alongside with others, they presently actually (really, except when they are off their 'rockers' , that is) are embedded live 'in'.
Old 14-07-2020, 03:47 PM
Ascender
Quote:
maybe sometimes people just call higher energies schizophrenia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Jl9_59tfY
Old 14-07-2020, 04:01 PM
lejonjus

I'd rather know more information about the person before forming strong opinions of their condition.

One example would be trying to treat clairvoyance clinically, messing them up further with complications from medications and blaming spirituality for exacerbations. More information would be needed before stating exacerbations.