Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-07-2011, 02:39 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
perhaps you prefer to focus all your Love and intention on one Self image and believe that "God" expands it from there. while others may prefer to manifest their Love in multiple selfhoods and believe that phenom IS "God" expanding. the Love never ends either Way.
I am sorry but I can't decipher what you are saying
Old 22-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
Great What is the process of self-realization that you recommend?

death of the illusionary self of course.

surrender

or whatever works.

What do you recommend?
Old 22-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
my assumptions are based on scripture not on mental speculation

LOL where do you think scriptures come from? they're someOne's mental speculations. just because you prefer to believe in and model your spirituality on the purported spiritual experiences of some ancient strangers doesn't make my personal spiritual experiences any less valid than yours ... or that of the ancient strangers.
Old 22-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
death of the illusionary self of course.

surrender

or whatever works.

What do you recommend?

I recommend the I-Ching and Bhagavad-Gita. I chant the Hare Krishna mantra for 2 hours everyday.
Old 22-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Lisa

Quote:
I recommend the I-Ching and Bhagavad-Gita. I chant the Hare Krishna mantra for 2 hours everyday.

Great practices. Few practice for real.

What about the great teacher silence? How does this work with chanting?
Old 22-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
The fourth noble Truth is freedom from suffering is possible by practicing the Eightfold Path. So I think that includes "seeking self-realization, absolute truth, searching for who I am and who is God". This is a spiritual desire is does not lead to suffering because it is based on attaining something eternal.

I just reviewed the eight fold path and I'd have to say no, it has nothing to do with seeking anything such as you contend.
I'd also say that if there is such a thing as you contend in your OP........it stands to reason in my mind and every part of my being that it would be a pathless path.
Old 22-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
I am sorry but I can't decipher what you are saying

that's okay. when one has a rigid "God" concept it can be difficult to see the POV of others.

my POV is that We manifest for the sake of Love and that Love comes in many forms. all the variation are Love and so All are "God" manifesting the Self as Love.

there really isn't much difference in our POVs but perhaps just enough difference to confuse you.
Old 22-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Great practices. Few practice for real.

What about the great teacher silence? How does this work with chanting?

My idea of self-realization is Love for God. Silence is practiced by those that wish to annihilate the self. As you advance in chanting you begin to feel an inner bliss, as your Love for God grows, that makes you detached from the external world.
Old 22-07-2011, 02:53 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I just reviewed the eight fold path and I'd have to say no, it has nothing to do with seeking anything such as you contend.
I'd also say that if there is such a thing as you contend in your OP........it stands to reason in my mind and every part of my being that it would be a pathless path.

The term enlightenment and self-realization are synonymous. Are going to argue that attaining enlightenment is not the goal of Buddhism? A pathless path I guess its something like sound of one hand clapping
Old 22-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
My idea of self-realization is Love for God. Silence is practiced by those that wish to annihilate the self. As you advance in chanting you begin to feel an inner bliss, as your Love for God grows, that makes you detached from the external world.

instead of chanting some folks prefer to experience that bliss by seeing "God" in the face of their child or in the arms of their lover.