Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2006, 02:39 PM
kundalini

Firstly, Enlightener, I did not dispute the fact that we are ONE but to me it seems that a lot of people fall back on that especially when there is a very REAL debate going on and being 'ONE', wait for it, doesn't actually solve anything!

Secondly, Enlightener, have you even read any of the other posts in this thread? I too would recommend drugs to people were I convinced that everybody I recommended them to would have a joyful lifelong experience with them. However, it simply isn't true in everyone's case! Therefore, you may be saving a life not recomending them which to me is a lot better than 100,000 people all having joyful experiences. Thirdly, about drugs, they do not solve anything anyway so it is a false joy that you experience for it is only in conjunction with the length of the high the chemicals in the drugs allow you to experience.

dreamer, guess what? I already know that we are mirrors but it will not stop me from stating sensibilities. Let's face facts dreamer, a couple of posts ago and you said 'fair enough, kundalini' whether you were being sarcastic or not. Then because Enlightener posts some completely unrelated statements with regards to drugs, you suddenly pop right back up with 'Wise words, one step on - act in the knowledge that if your intention is pure the consequences will bear fruit of great sweetness.'

Now come on dreamer, Enlightener knows he is spouting rubbish simply because he is not taking other people's welfare into consideration when he acts with his 'PURE' intention of recommending drugs.

Regardless, I do see the comedy in all this but it surprises me you keep ignoring the other spiritual law in all of this - The Law Of Karma. Remember, Enlightener is stating that despite somebody dying immediately etc., that he would give no thought to that whatsoever. Think about it. Please THINK about it!

No hard feelings! ! !

Kundalini.
Old 26-08-2006, 08:41 PM
dreamer

Hey Kundalini,

I suppose the moral of the story is that drugs can have negative effects and they can have benificial effects, and who are we to police the decision making of any-one wanting to partake in this experience. No one policed us (or at least no one that we listened to) and so we should offer anyone the same choice that we afforded ourselves.

Sounds fair. What do ya reckon.
Old 26-08-2006, 08:53 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hey Kundalini,

I suppose the moral of the story is that drugs can have negative effects and they can have benificial effects, and who are we to police the decision making of any-one wanting to partake in this experience. No one policed us (or at least no one that we listened to) and so we should offer anyone the same choice that we afforded ourselves.

Sounds fair. What do ya reckon.

Lol, I reckon you have an answer for everything! No, seriously, I agree with what you say, drugs do have beneficial and negative effects and I have no wish to police decision-making on behalf of someone considering taking drugs, as long as they did not ask, of course. Whilst I also agree that people should be afforded the same choice we were offered, I do know that before I took drugs, they were some people around me saying yeah, yeah, take some drugs and there were others who were saying no, no don't take drugs. That's a general view of what happened anyway. Now I have had my experience of drug-taking, I am of the opinion that the negatives outweigh the positives and so were someone to ask, I would say don't bother. So, whilst I agree with what you have said, that would still be my position were I to be asked.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 26-08-2006, 08:55 PM
dreamer

Sounds like a fair and balanced argument from both of us - yay, we got there in the end, high five.
Old 26-08-2006, 08:58 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Sounds like a fair and balanced argument from both of us - yay, we got there in the end, high five.

I'm grateful for the experience, so yeah, high five!
Old 26-08-2006, 09:00 PM
dreamer

Round the back, down below....
Old 26-08-2006, 09:04 PM
dreamer

...sorry.too slow.
Old 31-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Bob23

The gnomes have found a new way to say HOORAY!

Let's see what the late Terence McKenna had to say with regard a particular compound he researched for more than 25 years...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17950811836994

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...78281014589551

Old 03-09-2006, 08:08 AM
e-ma

Thanks for those links. I had never seen Terence McKenna speak before. What a charismatic guy! And keeping a sense of humour too. I didn't realise that he was such a scientist. Pretty awful that he died so young from an aggressive brain cancer. See what a fascinating perspective one short life can contribute to society.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Bob23

It's all in yer head ~ DMT.

An absolutely fascinating read for those wishing to get informed:~

http://rickstrassman.com/dmt/

Bob23.
Closed Thread