Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 25-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Master

Hirandall, no not trying to stop you from doing things you like.
Old 25-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Hirandall, no not trying to stop you from doing things you like.
ermm,what are trying to say?
Old 25-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirandall
Hmm ok,but any other advices?It is trying to stop me from doing things I like.If there is a fallacy in my ocd thinking,please point it out.

I'm sorry. Maybe I misunderstood your question. I just was trying to say that the quote I posted is just about not resisting, not fearing, turning from fear to acceptance, courage and love. I don't think that you have to stop doing things you like, if that's what you were asking. I might be misunderstanding your question.
I really like a lot of the advice you got here - just focus on the positive, ways to find joy, meaning, and love, whenever you can. When an intrusive thought pops in, try to see that it is just your OCD, tell yourself that it's not "real", but just your OCD thoughts, and then try to focus on the positivity, acceptance, hope, love, or whatever positive thoughts you can find. That's what I would advise. I have problems with similar things, extreme anxiety and some irrational thoughts, so I have to try to apply similar things in my own life. It works for me, and over time, I don't feel anxiety any more, just think "oh, there's that irrational thought again", and then I try to move on to something else better. It's an ongoing habit I have to maintain, but it gets easier and feels better after time and practice.
Old 27-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Hirandall

I am trying to overcome my Pure O by using "rituals".you think it is ok?Actually I used to have ordinary OCD all the while,just about 2 months ago it develop into Pure O and I started losing my belief in my "rituals",at least it feels better I think.I mean if loa have any chance of thought-action fusion,then my "rituals" should have chance of thought-action fusion to diffuse whatever it is.
Old 27-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirandall
I am trying to overcome my Pure O by using "rituals".you think it is ok?Actually I used to have ordinary OCD all the while,just about 2 months ago it develop into Pure O and I started losing my belief in my "rituals",at least it feels better I think.I mean if loa have any chance of thought-action fusion,then my "rituals" should have chance of thought-action fusion to diffuse whatever it is.

I'll be honest, I don't know that much about OCD, really, so I'm not exactly sure what to advise about this. I have some similar symptoms to OCD, but I don't have the full-blown disorder. I have found that doing some kinds of positive rituals in the form of like, ceremonies, and so on, is helpful for me. It creates a positive mindset and I'm focusing on what I want to do, what I want to create in my life. If you mean rituals like that, maybe it could be a good thing, I think, as long as you do it in moderation and it doesn't get in the way of living your life otherwise. But I am not sure, please don't take my advice without further reading up on it or advice from someone with more knowledge on OCD. I will try to look into the matter and see what I can find about it and then write you back about what I am able to find.
Old 27-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Master

After reading up a little, I think a psychologist would recommend trying to let go of your rituals. I can't say what is the best thing to do, I don't know, but that would be the stereotypical answer, I think.
On the other hand, I have had experience with psychology and sometimes it doesn't always account for all the variations of individual psyches. I don't know that maybe some kind of constructive, positive ritual or imagery might not help you, if you can control and create your own rituals like that, but as long as it doesn't interfere with your life. I hope you find what works for you.
Old 27-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Hirandall

Ok,but do you think there is a chance that my OCD worries might be true?
Old 28-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Master

I think that the best way to deal with them is to tell yourself they are just your OCD, not real. Then to think of something else. That way, whether they have a connection to LOA or not (which I personally don't know much about the LOA), they will not be given power. If you just say "That's just my OCD speaking, not real, then turn away from it and think about something more positive.", then it is just that - just your OCD. In that case, if I believed in LOA, I would still think that the thoughts had been kind of disempowered, like RMG was talking about. They only have power if you believe and focus on them. I kind of do believe in LOA, but not sure how much, because I don't understand it that much.
Old 30-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Hirandall

Still I don;t feel very assured sometimes,at times I feel a bit selfish?
Old 30-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Master

Sometimes I feel selfish, too. I think I understand what you're getting at.
It can be difficult to trust and release into the feeling of goodness or love or positivity. But if I find it and keep trying to focus on it, in my experience, eventually it will become more anchored in my mind, it becomes my trust and comfort and belief and it starts to become real in my life before me. So in that sense, I do believe in LoA - when we focus on positivity, we act more positively, things generally go better. Deciding what is best in a certain situation can be more tricky. I personally do like to use positively imaged and associated rituals, specifically devised as magic, sometimes. But then, I don't know if you're into that kind of thing. OCD rituals in themselves are thought to be irrational, proliferations of the mind (I have a problem with these irrational rituals too, but then, I am not officially OCD, and it's been easier for me to let them go). If you want to pm me about any of this or any particular questions regarding this, feel free to.
I do think that rituals are generally advised to be avoided by people with OCD, however. Are the psychologists always right? I don't think so, but I don't know that much about OCD. Still, I have found with my own mental health issues, sometimes what the psychologists advised was counterproductive and sometimes doing what they directly advised against actually helped me. I don't want to give advice beyond suggestions or what I've actually experienced (and still it's just my experience, not necessarily what yours will be. But I can just tell you what I've seen or what seems possible or likely to me.) I also know what it's like to have mental health issues, and I know it can be helpful just to have someone to talk to.