Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 10-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Master
Well....Nick just whacked another rabbit with his slingshot this afternoon......Told him fine...lets clean it and put it in the freezer....but noooo...he gave me the pouty lip look.....so we're having rabbit for supper.....sigh!

Sorta wish he'd find some other critter to hunt out back of the house...I'm kinda getting tired of rabbit!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-01-2018, 01:12 AM
Master
I remember having rabbit and squirrel - mighty slim pickins esp the squirrel, lol. Maybe you / your wifey need to figure out a different way to fix it?

I bought a rotisserie chicken and it's the first time it was completely bland -- which is a good thing because I don't need all that salt - so I put a pile of Mrs. Dash on my plate and just dipped each bite into it - it was very good.
For dessert, I had a coffee cake muffin - mmm.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Here's a story about rabbits.

Archaeologists once discovered human bones on an island belonging to people who lived thousands of years ago. The size of the bones and muscle attachment marks showed these people were well fed and heavily built.

But there was a mystery. Everyone on the island died of malnutrition. They investigated what the local source of meat was and found that, you guessed it, all they had to eat for meat was rabbits.

Rabbit meat has plenty of protein but almost no nutrients. Your body needs nutrients (like those found in vegetables) to be able to break down protein. As the inhabitants became more and more nutrients starved they ate more and more meat until eventually their bodies simply couldn't absorb the protein and they died of starvation.

Moral of the story, if you're going to eat rabbit, remember to eat your veg
Old 11-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Master

Isn't rabbit also very lean?

Hubby got home last last night so I ended up having a hamburger I pulled from the freezer (that I had smoked previously) and some air fried spicy french fries instead.

Tonight will be the mac and cheese with cocktail franks with a lettuce salad. I'm doing some sprouting right now so in a couple of days I should have some sprouts for salads and dishes. Yum.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
I remember having rabbit and squirrel - mighty slim pickins esp the squirrel, lol. Maybe you / your wifey need to figure out a different way to fix it?

I say rabbit....they are "cottontails" which is not actually a rabbit. ...its a hare.

They can be tough so my wife quarters them...then braises them kinda slow in a tomato based liquid....sorta comes out like rabbit caccatorie....and very falling off the bone tender. ...

Its extremely lean meat and very good.....its just that Nick ( my 10 year old grandson for any who don't know) has been hunting them regularly after school and I'm burned out on eating bunnies!.....And he gets hurt if we don't want to eat his kill right away...

The weathers calm and warmed a bit though so he and I are taking the boat out in the gulf after school for some spearfishing. ....and I'm hoping for snapper tonight!
We'll see. ...

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Master
rostd potoss
sosagss
chikn nugess
in filltr
no food for lft ovrs 2 day

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 11-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Master
can u steem turkyy brestt

Old 11-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Master

Bet it's good!
Old 11-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Bet it's good!

thnx
i will try it i no u giv grt info on cookin u do

Old 12-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Master
I've tweaked my traditional chicken/rice soup today and added orzo pasta instead!
Living on the edge I tell ya!

Still have some left over linguini bolognese and bean soup from yesterday...