Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-05-2021, 07:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
don't envy me though I have terrible karma, or good if terrible is good or leads to good i suppose.
How does terrible ' Karma ' fit into your Christian beliefs ?
Old 14-05-2021, 03:18 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How does terrible ' Karma ' fit into your Christian beliefs ?

I think that topic fits better under the General Religion section. Probably under a topic of Comparative Religion.

In Buddhism, karma refers to action driven by intention (cetanā) which leads to future consequences. Those intentions are said to be the determining factors in the kind of rebirth in samsara, the cycle of rebirth.
Old 14-05-2021, 03:31 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
I grew up in Encinitas so hung out at "Swami's beach" there below SRF. Very high vibrations!
San Diego is one of my favorite cities in the World.
I never hung out at Swami's beach.
But San Diego is where I first got my light switched on.
Good memories.
Old 14-05-2021, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
I think that topic fits better under the General Religion section. Probably under a topic of Comparative Religion.
I remember you Posting in a Christian Thread that you believe in ' Original Sin ' so I was curious how it fits in with your ' Terrible Karma '.... It obviously doesn't lol.
Old 14-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
San Diego is one of my favorite cities in the World.
San Diego is where I first got my light switched on
Your light was switched on from birth, you just didn't know it
Old 14-05-2021, 07:08 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Your light was switched on from birth, you just didn't know it

Oh yeah, my dimmer switch must have been turned up.
Or maybe I saw stars. I get so confused.
Old 14-05-2021, 07:38 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
I remember you Posting in a Christian Thread that you believe in ' Original Sin '
You have some pretty wonky memories then as I don't believe in the official Christian Church doctrine or definition of Original Sin. That doctrine states "humans inherit a tainted nature" and I believe in the complete opposite. Humans in fact inherit a pure or divine nature!

There is no contradiction with Buddhism or Buddhist belief in this case. I agree completely with the Dalai Lama here.

"Sin is something that accumulates through our own lifetime which blocks what is originally a pure state." The Dalai Lama

It's fine if you believe ego is a good thing and that you don't sin, but many others think differently. I know I sin or don't always act or perceive or experience in accordance with my buddha or "pure" nature. I am sinning right now as I write this as I am choosing to have my attention on ego and mind. The effect of "sin" is not only on possible future karma but also applies right now on my experience and perception.

Bad karma and even our perception and experience right now is naturally a result of how much we sin or don't act and live in accordance to our true nature.

The reality is our beliefs don't make us different. It's the same divine pure awareness's just focusing on different minds and ideas and conditioning, habitual thoughts and all of that, ego. What is the reality of a belief? Where does a belief exist? In our minds only. Why do we place our attention on our minds? Habit? Conditioning? What would now be, what would the other be, if we had none of our attention on the things of mind?

A cool breeze through my open window, the sound of leaf blowers, calm, peace, no conflict with or without, the expansive eternity of being here now and empty. The more we are emptied of self or ego, the more the divine fills us.

“The basic teaching of Buddhism is the teaching of transiency or change and this teaching is also understood as the teaching of selflessness because all existence is in constant change, there is no abiding self.” Zen Master Suzuki
Old 14-05-2021, 07:52 PM
AbodhiSky

living in a state of selflessness is a wonderful thing
Old 14-05-2021, 08:02 PM
Master
Quote:
You have some pretty wonky memories then as I don't believe in the official Christian Church doctrine or definition of Original Sin.

Wonky memories

If we are born with ' Sin ' would that be the same as ' Original Sin ' ?
Old 14-05-2021, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Oh yeah, my dimmer switch must have been turned up.
Or maybe I saw stars. I get so confused.

Dimmer Switch.... Excellent.....