Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
As I said in an earlier post, I'm just saying there seems to be a definite difference in natural ability between otherworldly souls and souls that have incarnated exclusively on Earth, especially on a psychic, spiritual, sometimes even mental level. :)

You are right. What's you've noticed is a pattern. Humans have different gifts, and different levels of each gift. It's important for all of us to be very aware of patterns. They paint a map of deeper truths. I think you are asking wonderful questions and for me this was a very insightful and interesting thread to read.

Going to back to the original question in your OP...

Quote:
What is it about the Earth that makes you all want to hop on over and help? Are you that interested in human development, or is it more of a personal desire for growth?

It's both human development, personal desire, and to experience life on Earth in all its forms. The Earth is going through a great transformation, because of humanity's next journey through evolution. As such in order to guide this transformation all types of beings volunteered to help in the transition. As mentioned by others, there are entities who have been attempting for millenniums (with knowledge of the approaching evolutionary changes) to stop this transition. They exist in this realm and lower dimensional realms, and cannot survive past it therefore they are trying to limit the growth of mankind. These entities are confused and themselves trapped. Earth was the great experiment. Many beings interfered for better or worse in the Earth's evolution. But it is now time for the Earth, which is living conscious, to ascend.

As a human being and starseed, I'm here to help with the ascension of humankind. To spread "Love" and support evolution as this great species of life forms we call Earthly human beings moves into the next era of existence.
Old 25-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
I think you might be onto something. ET's generally do have an easier time accessing their abilities if you think about it.

For me though it's taken me a long time to realise they were even abilities. They felt so normal even before I was aware of the spiritual.. it was weird.

Haha i can believe it. I also think that sometimes, otherworldly beings like you have a distinct disadvantage in our realm...maybe that's also part of the allure?

I mean, if you're growing up talking to entities and seeing things that most humans cannot, I can't see the path being that easy. I would think it incredibly difficult. It's hard for my friend Sherry, who has a LOT of natural ability, and I know she's a human soul like myself. Coupled with the feeling of 'not belonging' that naturally permeates otherworldly souls...ouch...yeah.

It's like a reality show or something. Earth: The Ultimate Soul Challenge! Or as sarek put it so aptly, "SEAL bootcamp for souls" I'm still laughing over that.
Old 25-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natively Libran
You are right. What's you've noticed is a pattern. Humans have different gifts, and different levels of each gift. It's important for all of us to be very aware of patterns. They paint a map of deeper truths. I think you are asking wonderful questions and for me this was a very insightful and interesting thread to read.

Going to back to the original question in your OP...

It's both human development, personal desire, and to experience life on Earth in all its forms. The Earth is going through a great transformation, because of humanity's next journey through evolution. As such in order to guide this transformation all types of beings volunteered to help in the transition. As mentioned by others, there are entities who have been attempting for millenniums (with knowledge of the approaching evolutionary changes) to stop this transition. They exist in this realm and lower dimensional realms, and cannot survive past it therefore they are trying to limit the growth of mankind. These entities are confused and themselves trapped. Earth was the great experiment. Many beings interfered for better or worse in the Earth's evolution. But it is now time for the Earth, which is living conscious, to ascend.

As a human being and starseed, I'm here to help with the ascension of humankind. To spread "Love" and support evolution as this great species of life forms we call Earthly human beings moves into the next era of existence.

So these lower entities cannot survive past this realm, good to know! So is like...Earth one of the last worlds to fully awaken then? Well either way, I'm glad so many different souls decided to help.

I know I've always felt drawn to otherworldly souls, my first bf was definitely not of Earth origins. And I've met others in my path too that were from a different world. I get the feeling I was not only a healer in Atlantis, but also an ambassador. :)

Damn now I wanna try and meditate again, but omg my body is so relaxed and yet so awake at the same time it's almost disconcerting
Old 25-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Master
The proof is in the pudding maybe?
Old 26-01-2015, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Tell me something Athribiristan: Am I wrong? Can anyone be absolutely sure about any of these ideas? Can you be absolutely sure about anything at all, aside from the fact that we seem to be having the experience of a conglomeration of sense perceptions? For all we know, we are brains floating in jars hooked up to a holographic matrix reality.

If you believe that you cannot know any of these things then no, you are not wrong. If however you believe that no one can know these things then yes, you are wrong.

I've had contact with extradimensional/extraterrestrial entities in my out of body experiences and it was revealed to me from what I experienced as direct knowledge that in one of my lifetimes, I was a member of their race, a soul mate with the entity that came to me. But despite my experience of "direct knowledge," actually experiencing the memories from this other lifetime, I still cannot be sure as to the true nature of this experience, nor can I be sure if I was actually this other being in another lifetime. It would be limiting for me to believe without a doubt that this was absolute truth, but rather I keep an open mind and accept the possibility that the experience was not what it seemed, or was not how I interpreted it to be.

So as you can see, I'm actually trying to deter people from trapping themselves into their own limiting beliefs. Putting a label on yourself and holding that idea as an absolute truth, such as thinking that you're from some other planet or dimension or have 20 parallel simultaneous incarnations, is limiting, as it closes off all other possibilities. Accepting these things as possibilities, but also realizing that we cannot truly know these things as absolute facts due to the elusive nature of the mind and the abstruse nature of this type of mystical information, is realistic and about as open-minded as you can get. It is also immensely helpful to put this type of speculation into the proper perspective and understand just how little it serves to truly better our minds and our lives.

Take care

See above.
Old 26-01-2015, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
If you believe that you cannot know any of these things then no, you are not wrong. If however you believe that no one can know these things then yes, you are wrong.

My point is that no one can know these things with 100% certainty. Thus they will always just be beliefs, regardless of what personal evidence we believe we have to support the premise.

Although that was not my main point in posting in this thread. My main point was to share the idea that that beliefs of this nature do very little to actually induce any kind of real spiritual growth. Believing that you are from another star system in a previous life does very little aside from creating a further tendency towards delusion in the mind. Delusion in this case is believing something, identifying with this belief, and forming an attachment to it.
Old 26-01-2015, 02:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Believing that you are from another star system in a previous life does very little aside from creating a further tendency towards delusion in the mind. Delusion in this case is believing something, identifying with this belief, and forming an attachment to it.

Perhaps it might cause some tendency for some, or for you since you seem concerned about it...

For many of us though, its just part of the Journey and as inconsequential as freckles or cars honking in the distance, or old barely remembered photos in an album - it's just another thing, maybe amusing for a moment or two, perhaps igniting some interesting reflections but then it's back to this Now, because this Now is the one we're in, no matter how many or how few Now's there have been.

However....

We came here for a specific purpose, and as such reviewing past lives can be useful to understand and clear certain things (energy blocks, karma and such) in this life, as there is some continuity from life to life. While the physical body changes from physical life to physical life, our auric field and the other dimensional bodies in it do not and carry traumas and etheric memories from life time to life time.
However, it would seem one is usually at a particular point in their Journey before that type of clearing is needed.... which DOES actually have very much to do with spiritual growth.

The word delusional might be better applied in this instance in being shown a previous life and refusing to acknowledge what one was shown because of a belief like knowing it might cause one to form attachments around it... or believing without first hand knowledge that there was nothing of spiritual value in viewing previous lives.

Or even better yet, let's not use the word delusional at all.
Old 26-01-2015, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
We came here for a specific purpose, and as such reviewing past lives can be useful to understand and clear certain things (energy blocks, karma and such) in this life, as there is some continuity from life to life. While the physical body changes from physical life to physical life, our auric field and the other dimensional bodies in it do not and carry traumas and etheric memories from life time to life time.

Clearing energy blocks and creating good karma have little to do with the past. These are things that must be done in the present. On the other hand, understanding the cause of energy blocks and bad karma is helpful, as it teaches us what kind of behavior to avoid, and if one can gain access to information about their past lives and use that in a way that helps them in the present, then that is a good thing.

Quote:
Or even better yet, let's not use the word delusional at all.

There's nothing wrong with the world delusional. In fact, it's a very important word, as we are all victims of delusion to a certain degree, and it's crucial that we understand the nature of our mind's unskillful inclinations if we are to ever transcend them. The fact that we are conditioned to identify with our body & mind and be emotionally swayed by the external circumstances of our lives are prime examples of delusion.

Quote:
The word delusional might be better applied in this instance in being shown a previous life and refusing to acknowledge what one was shown because of a belief like knowing it might cause one to form attachments around it...

Delusion can indeed be refusing to believe something, such as past life information. However, at the same rate, delusion is also taking that information as absolute truth. Leaving it open as a possibility is the most beneficial and open-minded approach in my opinion.

Quote:
or believing without first hand knowledge that there was nothing of spiritual value in viewing previous lives.

As I've mentioned, I've had my share of "past life viewings," although they were more like direct experiences. I indeed have first hand knowledge of what blindly believing these things produces in terms of spiritual development, and what it can produce in terms of developing further attachment and delusion in the mind.

Now that I am a bit wiser than I was then, have much more experience in terms of spiritual practice, and am far more discerning and self aware, I can honestly say that holding these beliefs did virtually nothing positive for me aside from provide temporary good feelings and a bit of extra motivation, although the motivation wasn't even aimed in the right direction, for I was seeking more knowledge, more mystical experiences, seeking to better understand the concepts that I believed to be true, rather than actually seeking real spiritual growth, which has very little to do with mystical experiences & esoteric knowledge and completely to do with purifying the heart, mind, and soul, stripping away concepts and mental fabrications rather than building them even further, and cultivating an unconditioned state of peace, happiness, and love that is independent on external conditions, independent of mystical suppositions and out of body experiences and past life regressions, a state of being that transcends the artificial constructs of the mind.

Eventually I came to my senses and realized that the only thing these "direct experiences" of past lives proved was that I had an experience that I interpreted to be a past life. I cannot be sure whether my interpretations were correct, and I don't believe anyone else can either, as much as we'd like to believe these things. The nature of the mind and the soul is far too elusive for our limited physically-attuned conscious minds to fully grasp things of this nature in any absolute sense.

And to be clear, I've been engaged in what many would consider to be transcendental soul/higherself-level experiences for over half of my life, so again, none of these ideas are without first-hand knowledge. I've experienced just how deep "the self" is and there is no way to accurately label it or truly figure it out. It simply transcends our current level of human understanding.

Take care
Old 26-01-2015, 03:48 AM
Master
Your mind is obviously set... so I'll leave you to it :)

Take care
Old 26-01-2015, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Your mind is obviously set... so I'll leave you to it :)

Take care

If you believe I am being closed-minded or rigid in my beliefs, please share how you believe this is the case.

To recap the perspective I've shared:

Information from past lives may potentially be helpful.

Forming attachments to ideas of having past lives may lead to delusion.

It cannot be said with absolute certainty whether this information is accurate or not.

It is best to leave these ideas as possibilities without blindly accepting them as fact or blindly rejecting them as false.

Past life information generally does little to resolve the defilements of the mind which are the root cause of all suffering and prevent spiritual growth. These defilements are greed, attachment, aversion, ill-will, delusion, & ignorance. This purification of mind requires constant self awareness in the present moment and skillfully directed effort in training the mind to release its unskillful tendencies and to cultivate wholesome qualities which lead to further purification. None of this has much to do with past life information.

It is important to take into consideration the intention and desire behind one's interest and views of this subject, and to have realistic expectations. If the person is seeking to magically solve all their problems and find true happiness through investigation and speculation about their past lives, this is probably a futile endeavor. If there is a general curiosity and a desire to better understand the nature of the self and its various aspects, then perhaps an investigation won't hurt, so long as the person holds their findings with a balanced and wise perspective.

Notice that none of these ideas are absolute. As far as I can tell, this is the middle-way, this is a balanced perspective. Don't lean too far to either side or you will tip the boat. If you disagree with anything, please share.