Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 17-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Master
I think my signature quote relates to this. Re... the greater reality of, "The Field".

Question is now... what with the frontier of Quantum Computing; If one accepts and believes in spirits... could a future cyborg "robot" be taken over, and possessed by a spirit?

Will "sentience" be redefined?

The Mainframe Sentience at, "Machine City".
From the Cinematic Illustration: The Matrix: "Revolutions"

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Gracey

according the book i read "the future of the mind", scientist sure do believe this is possible and are currently working on it.
Old 19-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Master

As has been evidenced in history.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Universe = Technnology

\/ or as /\ = texticaonic symbol for female--meant to be triangle but do not have way to make the the third line across top to define as a triangle

Y = texticonic symbold for male

\Y/ = birds-eye-view of 3D( volume )tetra{4}hedron or tetra{4}vetexion and also view of 3D tetrahedron in its 2D( area ) phase of existence as a 2D subdivided triangle.

Universe/God{ ess } is technology.

Robots( computers ) are technology.

Humans are technology.

Automobiles are technology.

The latter three being subsequent to Universe / God{ ess }

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Biological is a soul, not have a soul.
Many do not understand the distinction being made above.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 22-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Master
http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/the-future-is-android/index.html

The hope of the Transhumanist...

"The Cybernetic Human
1.Brain implants augment memory and provide access to the internet
2.Wearable exoskeleton boosts strength and endurance
3.Internet-connected spinal implant stimulates genitals for long-distance sex
4.Interchangeble limbs match capabilities to tasks
5.Access-control chips replace keys and passwords."

Their hope is in technology.

"Then there is the prospect of spying. Could insurance companies harvest biometric data from people’s enhancements, or paranoid governments use them to monitor their citizens?"

Old 24-10-2014, 02:05 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

As has been evidenced in history.

so you read the book, the future of the mind heh.
Old 28-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Master
Gee... "Synchronicity".

Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX, and Tesla Motors states he is investing in A.I. technologies not because he thinks it is so lucrative financially, but because he wants to keep check on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2809279/Building-intelligent-machines-like-summoning-demon-Elon-Musk-warns-AI-mankind-s-biggest-threat.html

Stated -
"With artificial intelligence we’re summoning the demon. You know those stories where there’s the guy with the pentagram, and the holy water, and … he’s sure he can control the demon? Doesn’t work out."

In August, he warned that A.I. could to do more harm than nuclear weapons.

Cites Book - "Superintelligence", by Nick Bostrom

The book asks questions about how humanity will cope with super-intelligent computers and argues that humans are living in a computer simulation and not the ‘real’ world.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"Stephen Hawking, also, has warned that artificial intelligence has the potential to be the downfall of mankind."

Old 28-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Suspended

Virtually impossible. Consciousness has non-computable ingredients and a machine cannot be aware of itself. Read Shadows of the Mind by Roger Penrose. Strong AI is impossible.
Old 29-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroma
Virtually impossible. Consciousness has non-computable ingredients and a machine cannot be aware of itself. Read Shadows of the Mind by Roger Penrose. Strong AI is impossible.

As things progress, Pleroma, along the lines in which they are going, involving continued miniturization, and, "Quantum Computing"?

Not to mention, also, bio-chip research. Apparently, there are those who's opinions are contrary to yours. Who disagree with you.
Such as Elon Musk, cited above. Also, Stephen Hawking.

As far as prophecy is concerned which source is apart from the "construct" of, "Space/Time", I've pondered about, "the beast", and...
"The image of the beast". The beast is not, "the Dragon".
Nor, seems, is it the "man of perdition", or the anti-Christ figure.

Can the beast be equated with a united humanity in a technological age?

Revelation 13:15

"And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

And then who, or what, would the image of the beast, be?

Old 29-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Master
It's more likely that bionic parts will become used more and more, and as you replace your heart, kidney, leg frontal lobe, anus and so on with mechanics and computer chips, the human becomes increasingly morphed with the machine.

On the other side of the spectrum, we could take a machine and begin to incorporate biological systems like ears, eyes, lungs and heart and anus etc. so that the machine becomes more and more biological.

Where does the human stop being human and start being a machine, and, when does the machine stop being a machine and start being human?