Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-11-2010, 03:00 PM
shepherd

Great quotes God-Like!

Quote:
the mind tells the heart that the heart will never find happiness with the guy. but that doesn't mean that the heart does not truthfully loved the guy. it does . where is the lying heart there? the heart doesn't concern about what's good for it. and for a reason. that's all.

I like your reply Hybrid, do you think someone truly loves another if mind and heart are at odds? Why would the heart be in love with someone who is bad for them? Is the heart confused and decieving itself some how?
Old 15-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Great quotes God-Like!

I like your reply Hybrid, do you think someone truly loves another if mind and heart are at odds? Why would the heart be in love with someone who is bad for them? Is the heart confused and decieving itself some how?

when you mean it deceived itself to love some who is bad for them, meaning that the heart to be honest with it self must only do things (in general, not only in loving) that will benefit itself?

i do not see this as an issue of honesty and falsity. to me the heart is eternal. it doesn't concern itself with it's own well being, the same way an immortal does not desire everlasting life. why should it? it possessed it already.

in a sense the heart is so innocent it has no notion of what's good and evil.

Old 15-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Master
no i couldn't lol and if it's negative and ofenseive i don't want to hear it, some things just don't need to be said
Old 15-11-2010, 03:28 PM
shepherd

Quote:
when you mean it deceived itself to love some who is bad for them, meaning that the heart to be honest with it self must only do things (in general, not only in loving) that will benefit itself?

i do not see this as an issue of honesty and falsity. to me the heart is eternal. it doesn't concern itself with it's own well being, the same way an immortal does not desire everlasting life. why should it? it possessed it already.

in a sense the heart is so innocent it has no notion of what's good and evil.

I think thats a nice idea but for me the heart is linked to the mind and is as easily programmed as we are from evolution and various forms of conditioning. I believe that just like the mind it has the best intentions but those intentions may not be the best for us. The mind lies to us through evolution to keep us alive, it does this through creating worse case scenarios which hopefully we will react instinctively to and save ourselves. The heart is linked with the mind emotionally too and be a liar in its reactions through being overeactive in various situations which can cause the recipient to experience heart racing, pain etc. Funnily enough today in the media they are reporting people also can die from a broken heart when losing a loved one, reading through the comments it was heartening to hear that people who also thought they would die of a broken heart turned it around and have found peace either through another partner or through other means.

The heart can be a tad dramatic it how it feels, what is good is that we can work with the mind and body to reduce its dramatic effects and be more pro-active instead of reactive.
Old 15-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Master
We are rapidly approaching this world...(a world as Xan says of simple honesty). Where one's intent is becoming transparent.

It will sooner rather than later be less of an issue of "Is X or Y being honest?" as that will be apparent to many and eventually to nearly all...

It will soon be an issue of "Has X or Y dealt with his/her issues?" as that is what will be lying underneath his or her intent. Or, at the very least, it will be "Oh, I/we see X has these issues...so we'll take that into acct if/when dealing with him"...

By honest, here I mean as Xan stated, simply honest about whatever their intent is, regardless of whether they are wise, or respectful, or tactful, or considerate -- as that's a different issue entirely...you can be a pleasant person and be honest, or you can be a real piece of work and be honest, LOL...

IMO being honest with yourself is the first step. Being honest with others when required should be part of the next step. I.e., not being deceitful, acting with integrity and consideration toward others, etc.

Being "honest" when it's not required and is hurtful -- isn't that called "venting" (LOL)?
That's where dealing with your issues really comes into play. That's not respectful or considerate...so who would go there, and why?
That's the other part of step 2...refraining from low behaviour and examining your real motives.
Old 15-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
I think thats a nice idea but for me the heart is linked to the mind and is as easily programmed as we are from evolution and various forms of conditioning. I believe that just like the mind it has the best intentions but those intentions may not be the best for us. The mind lies to us through evolution to keep us alive, it does this through creating worse case scenarios which hopefully we will react instinctively to and save ourselves. The heart is linked with the mind emotionally too and be a liar in its reactions through being overeactive in various situations which can cause the recipient to experience heart racing, pain etc. Funnily enough today in the media they are reporting people also can die from a broken heart when losing a loved one, reading through the comments it was heartening to hear that people who also thought they would die of a broken heart turned it around and have found peace either through another partner or through other means.

The heart can be a tad dramatic it how it feels, what is good is that we can work with the mind and body to reduce its dramatic effects and be more pro-active instead of reactive.

how can a feeling be a lie?
all feelings are authentic.
there is no such things as a false feelings.
if you feel it you feel it.

are you saying that there should be feeling we shouldn't feel becasue it's detrimental our well being? to whom it lies? the body? but feels is what the body does. how can it lie to the body?
it's a sense organ of the body. does the eye lie to us. no. it simply receives data and faithful to t he input it gets. the mis-perception/distortion happens when those sense input passed through the filters of the mind.

emotions are also indicators. they are not lies. all emotions are true. it is the mind's spin and interpretations with these feelings and emotions that usually go astray and falsify.

heartbreaks and depressions imo are mental breakdowns before they even become physiological breakdowns.

Last edited by hybrid : 15-11-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 15-11-2010, 05:21 PM
shepherd

Quote:
how can a feeling be a lie?
all feelings are authentic.
there is no such things as a false feelings.
if you feel it you feel it.

Well they are definitley happening of course but the feeling can be way out of context with what is happening and that is the lie.

Example: Someone gets a credit card bill and their stomach turns when they see it, without even processing the bill they may just put it in a drawer and ignore it. The feeling is fear which you are right is authentic the but its way out of context as it acts as if they cant deal with it which is the lie.

Quote:
emotions are also indicators. they are not lies. all emotions are true. it is the mind's spin and interpretations with these feelings and emotions that usually go astray and falsify.

Also when working with clients they often tell me that they have no thoughts about the phobia or panic attack, it just happens to them. The body is creating the emotions and feelings without any good reason. If I kept saying that their minds are creating it first they would be very confused and I wouldnt be able to help. I have to work with the emotion or feeling which really shouldnt be happening and is causing harm. There are some great therapies which can focus completely on the feeling such as IEMT, EFT and Emotrance.

Quote:
heartbreaks and depressions imo are mental breakdowns before they even become physiological breakdowns.

I think a lot of people would argue that with you as they feel otherwise, they often tell me rationally they shouldnt have a problem but emotionally they cant help themselves.
Old 15-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Well they are definitley happening of course but the feeling can be way out of context with what is happening and that is the lie.

Example: Someone gets a credit card bill and their stomach turns when they see it, without even processing the bill they may just put it in a drawer and ignore it. The feeling is fear which you are right is authentic the but its way out of context as it acts as if they cant deal with it which is the lie.

the lie is the mental commentary that they can't pay the bill. fear does not think, there must be a negative thought before the fear arises or the fear arises becasue he has no money to pay the bill, for if he has money to pay the bill fear would have not arise.

in both cases. fear is a truthful reflection of the mental state of negativity and the state of the checkbook.

Quote:
Also when working with clients they often tell me that they have no thoughts about the phobia or panic attack, it just happens to them. The body is creating the emotions and feelings without any good reason. If I kept saying that their minds are creating it first they would be very confused and I wouldnt be able to help. I have to work with the emotion or feeling which really shouldnt be happening and is causing harm. There are some great therapies which can focus completely on the feeling such as IEMT, EFT and Emotrance.

Quote:
I think a lot of people would argue that with you as they feel otherwise, they often tell me rationally they shouldnt have a problem but emotionally they cant help themselves.

so where was the lie there? that their suppose to feel good all the time is the truth? and feeling bad with no reason is a lie? these are non sequitirs.
emotions are reflections of what's going on. it doesn't matter whether what's happening is just plain chemical imbalances in the brain, fear is a result of that.
Old 16-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Where one's intent is becoming transparent.
This I agree Is what Is happening at the moment 7l.

A friend of mine does aura workshops and watches the politicians aura's on the t.v.

Liar he say's quite often out loud.. he Is talking **** he would say!!

I know that we all cannot see aura's but call It Intuition or whatever, many people are more In touch with this now..

I think It's a good thing..

I think at times the more and more an Individual Is being dishonest It becomes easier and easier.. for them to be so

When people start to see through the dishonesty, the Individual Is more likely to look at his or her self perhaps...

x daz x
Old 16-11-2010, 10:11 AM
shepherd

Quote:
the lie is the mental commentary that they can't pay the bill. fear does not think, there must be a negative thought before the fear arises or the fear arises becasue he has no money to pay the bill, for if he has money to pay the bill fear would have not arise.

I wish it was like that, as a therapist its much easier to deal with negative thoughts which create a fearful response but as any good therapist knows, patients will tell you that often there are no thoughts or mental commentary yet the body gives them the fearful response. You may not believe it but its very common.

Clients with anxiety dont often know why they feel anxious, they have all the physical symptoms and yet they dont think consciously about anything fearful at all. Its then you have to be a mind detective to discover what is going on with the body responses.

Quote:
When people start to see through the dishonesty, the Individual Is more likely to look at his or her self perhaps...

Well fear often creates dishonesty, maybe if we could handle fear easily and were not judged and condemned for being wrong, a hypocrite etc so badly by the media or people around us then the fear would be less and the lie would be less.

We are hardwired to lie anyway so there will always to some degree be some element of exaggeration and lack of total truth.