Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 28-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Nebulous

I've never really talked about this stuff...but it's sort of a problem for me.

My emotions about aliens (not just the greys) could be summed up as, a kneejerk fear-and-disgust reaction, with the occasional reluctant friendliness with one or two of them. I speak of them as a 'possibility, maybe, though probably not, you know' while clamming up about my own experiences or saying 'oh well I can't prove it, it was probably nothing, and stuff'.

Suffice to say I've had a lot of experiences with aliens and they "check in" on me a lot - but I never WANTED it. Never wanted to believe it. Never like dealing with it. Ever!! When they come around I go "ughhh, again?!" and once in a rare while, "Sighhh....Alright, well, at least you're attempting to be kind - let's talk, then."

Right now I push the matter away most of the time, even though deep down I have this terrible feeling that no matter how much I deny it, I'm going to be stuck dealing with it and eventually I'm going to have to admit it's real in some way. There's simply no way for me to prove it, though (admittedly, I don't WANT proof and I'm not really looking for it so much as trying my best to be skeptical and hold it at arm's length), so I keep holding out hoping I can just wrinkle my nose at it and it'll vanish or something.

So I guess you could say even though I'm not solely petrified of them and don't lie awake in fear or anything...the topic is a huge issue for me as well, just in a different way.

Sorta embarrassed to admit it.
Old 28-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulous
So I guess you could say even though I'm not solely petrified of them and don't lie awake in fear or anything...the topic is a huge issue for me as well, just in a different way.

Sorta embarrassed to admit it.
I had a sort of similar thing with demons when I was younger. It seemed like they were always around bothering me, and it got especially bad during sleep paralysis. I got so tired of it that I refused to acknowledge them or think about them anymore, then after awhile they went away and never had a problem since. I just ignored or threw away anything that had to do with demons. I had too because I was so sick of being afraid. Now I don't need to ignore demons, I'm just not interested in them at all.
Old 28-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Lulu

I know the feeling, Nebulous... it took me a long time to even admit to myself the things I was 'experiencing,' let alone admit it to other people. People tend to generalize and stereotype when it comes to those admitting 'experiences,' such as these, and it's almost always painted in a negative light. Then there's the whole, "Talking about it is the same as admitting it is real," which is why a lot of people choose to ignore it, I think... whether they don't want to admit it, or they're not ready to, or for some other reason personal to them.

As I've said before, I've never had any 'experiences' with the greys outside of my dreams (nightmares), so I have no evidence that what is happening to me is actually real, if they are real. But, I do know that they're not the only ones I've had 'experiences' with, not even close. The greys are the only ones that I truly fear though... why? I don't know.

I come from a strong scientific background and consider myself a pretty rational/logical person... and yet I can no longer deny these situations in my life that seem to defy logic altogether. In the scientific world, and I mean the true scientific world (not the one painted by the media and hearsay), extraterrestrial life is not 'fantasy,' or something to chuckle about... it's darn near certainty, inevitability - it's not a matter of 'if,' but 'when.' The topic is discussed openly, freely, and with great enthusiasm. The implications, which are also discussed, although exciting, can also be quite terrifying. "We're not alone in the Universe," however expected that statement might be, is a very heavy statement... sometimes, I think that is a statement that, collectively, we are not ready for.

Now, the biology behind extraterrestrial life, well, it's anyone's guess right now. Do the greys actually, physically, biologically exist? I can't answer that question. Maybe someone out there can (that's the conspiracy theorist in me talking), but I can't. Until we have definitive proof, it's anyone's guess really... I guess you could say we're all right and we're all wrong, until proven otherwise.

Anyways, thanks for sharing a bit of your story... maybe, some day, you'd be up to sharing some more... if not, well, that's ok... I think the majority of us here will understand your decision completely.
Old 28-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Master

If it's anything like what I experienced, it's not fun at all. Many times during sleep paralysis they would beat me or throw me around the room. I was helpless and frozen and couldn't do anything to stop it. Sleep paralysis is different than dreaming, it's much more real. It was terrifying to say the least. Actually sometimes it involved grey aliens, I had scary dreams about them too. At the time though I suspected the aliens were actually demons. Either way, if you really want it to stop, I think you have to decide that you've had enough.

My family has a history of alcoholism and abuse, which I suspect lead to many of my experiences, even though I would never had thought that at the time. I tried to tell people about my horrible spiritual experiences, but no one listened, what I really needed was a counselor-type person to help me with my emotional issues, but I probably wouldn't have understood or listened at the time.
Old 28-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Nebulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I had a sort of similar thing with demons when I was younger. It seemed like they were always around bothering me, and it got especially bad during sleep paralysis. I got so tired of it that I refused to acknowledge them or think about them anymore, then after awhile they went away and never had a problem since. I just ignored or threw away anything that had to do with demons. I had too because I was so sick of being afraid. Now I don't need to ignore demons, I'm just not interested in them at all.

Yeah, honestly, that's sort of what I do. I try to ignore it a lot of times or throw it away, or if I discuss it it's in this overly-logical manner as though it's an impossible hypothetical situation...and when directly asked about my experiences I've always clammed up. This thread is a very candid one...I thought I might as well open up about it. Probably about time I did, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu
I know the feeling, Nebulous... it took me a long time to even admit to myself the things I was 'experiencing,' let alone admit it to other people. People tend to generalize and stereotype when it comes to those admitting 'experiences,' such as these, and it's almost always painted in a negative light. Then there's the whole, "Talking about it is the same as admitting it is real," which is why a lot of people choose to ignore it, I think... whether they don't want to admit it, or they're not ready to, or for some other reason personal to them.

As I've said before, I've never had any 'experiences' with the greys outside of my dreams (nightmares), so I have no evidence that what is happening to me is actually real, if they are real. But, I do know that they're not the only ones I've had 'experiences' with, not even close. The greys are the only ones that I truly fear though... why? I don't know.

I come from a strong scientific background and consider myself a pretty rational/logical person... and yet I can no longer deny these situations in my life that seem to defy logic altogether. In the scientific world, and I mean the true scientific world (not the one painted by the media and hearsay), extraterrestrial life is not 'fantasy,' or something to chuckle about... it's darn near certainty, inevitability - it's not a matter of 'if,' but 'when.' The topic is discussed openly, freely, and with great enthusiasm. The implications, which are also discussed, although exciting, can also be quite terrifying. "We're not alone in the Universe," however expected that statement might be, is a very heavy statement... sometimes, I think that is a statement that, collectively, we are not ready for.

Now, the biology behind extraterrestrial life, well, it's anyone's guess right now. Do the greys actually, physically, biologically exist? I can't answer that question. Maybe someone out there can (that's the conspiracy theorist in me talking), but I can't. Until we have definitive proof, it's anyone's guess really... I guess you could say we're all right and we're all wrong, until proven otherwise.

Anyways, thanks for sharing a bit of your story... maybe, some day, you'd be up to sharing some more... if not, well, that's ok... I think the majority of us here will understand your decision completely.

My experiences extend past dreams to waking dreams and more. It's sort of always been with me but never been welcome at all. I like to try and be scientific as well and man...it's just hard. I don't feel like there's any way for me to prove for myself that it's real because unlike other things I do like energy work or whatever, there isn't much in the way of physical manifestation; just things that are centered largely in the mind, in one way or another.

I suppose if I truly wanted proof, who knows, perhaps I could simply approach them and ask for it - lord knows I could find them in a heartbeat if I wanted to (which ...I never do). But I'd be nervous as to what proof I might be given. There was more of a measure of control with other areas of my life like energy work; in this, it's just me, and some highly-advanced beings, and me saying "Prove yourself"....little too open ended. That DOES scare me.

What if I was given proof? Could I handle the idea that they might, indeed, be real? What if I was never, ever given proof? Could I go on forever wondering whether I'm just nuts? If there IS no proof, how do I approach it, as a woman trying to above all see life in a logical, reasonable manner? I suppose I'd be like an agnostic on the topic of aliens....haha

It's just a tough issue for me, I guess.

As for my experiences, I'm alright with talking about them - although a bit insecure. If that makes sense. lol I'll certainly give it some thought. Maybe I'll share it sometime, another thread or something.

Quote:
If it's anything like what I experienced, it's not fun at all. Many times during sleep paralysis they would beat me or throw me around the room. I was helpless and frozen and couldn't do anything to stop it. Sleep paralysis is different than dreaming, it's much more real. It was terrifying to say the least. Actually sometimes it involved grey aliens, I had scary dreams about them too. At the time though I suspected the aliens were actually demons. Either way, if you really want it to stop, I think you have to decide that you've had enough.

My family has a history of alcoholism and abuse, which I suspect lead to many of my experiences, even though I would never had thought that at the time. I tried to tell people about my horrible spiritual experiences, but no one listened, what I really needed was a counselor-type person to help me with my emotional issues, but I probably wouldn't have understood or listened at the time.

No, it wasn't all bad or anything. It's been a variety. As a species (for lack of better words?) they just keep coming back to visit me, a LOT. Some are really terribly hostile and terrifying, and others are very friendly - still others curious, and still more have even asked me for help on matters I simply did not understand or know how to help with. All in all I've continued to hold them - all of them - at arm's length and keep my work a little more...down to earth. Because I just don't really know how to take it.

When something new and strange like this happens...my default mode is skepticism. I'm not keen on immediately trusting things like that right off the bat. Hell, even now, if I went to myself years ago and told myself what I'm doing now - that old me would laugh at me and say "Are you nuts?!" It's only because of the proof I've been given that I even do what I do now, spiritually.
Old 28-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Yeah, honestly, that's sort of what I do. I try to ignore it a lot of times or throw it away, or if I discuss it it's in this overly-logical manner as though it's an impossible hypothetical situation...and when directly asked about my experiences I've always clammed up. This thread is a very candid one...I thought I might as well open up about it. Probably about time I did, you know?
Oh definitely. I wish I had someone to talk to about it back then. When I did open up to someone, they looked at me like 'I' was the alien.

When I say I ignored them, it's not like the type of ignoring where you're trying to resist it or like shutting your eyes in fear and hoping it goes away. I guess I just got to the point where I was over it. I knew that I had to stop thinking about it, but I couldn't force myself to do that, I just decided that I wasn't going to allow it in my mind anymore. I opened myself up to those things, so I guess I was the only one who could end it.

To me whether they're real or not doesn't matter. What matters is the effect it was having on my life. It's not healthy, and I really think it's about something else besides actual aliens or demons.
Old 28-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Lulu

Quote:
It's sort of always been with me but never been welcome at all.

I don't know if others feel this way, but (with the greys) for me it's like I'm being violated - Over and over and over ... again and again and again... and there's nothing I can do (as far as I know) to stop it.

It's not a pleasant feeling, regardless if it's actually real, or simply a dream.
Old 28-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Master

Quote:
I don't know if others feel this way, but (with the greys) for me it's like I'm being violated - Over and over and over ... again and again and again... and there's nothing I can do (as far as I know) to stop it.

It's not a pleasant feeling, regardless if it's actually real, or simply a dream.
I know how you feel and I'm truly sorry that you're going through this. It's not fun at all, it's like torture. I had to give up anything that had to do with belief in the beings. I kept my mind on other things that were not even remotely related to them, then after awhile it stopped.
Old 28-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Lulu

Quote:
I know how you feel and I'm truly sorry that you're going through this. It's not fun at all, it's like torture. I had to give up anything that had to do with belief in the beings. I kept my mind on other things that were not even remotely related to them, then after awhile it stopped.

Thank you, Seawolf. I truly appreciate your kind words (and for your contributions to this thread)

I know others who have said things along the lines of, "You're blowing this way out of proportion" and "Stop 'sensationalizing' things," etc, when I describe how I feel about these experiences, these nightmares... But, it's almost as if you can't understand unless you have experienced it for yourself. And you're right... it is like torture, at times, at least with the greys, for me.

I have tried numerous times to just forget about it... pay no attention, don't let it bother me, don't dwell on it, remind myself that these are just 'dreams,' this isn't real, etc... and yeah, sometimes it stops for a while... sometimes weeks, even months at a time... but they always come back. Not to sound too dire, but sometimes it feels like a hopeless situation... almost like there's nowhere you can go to escape this... whatever this is.
Old 29-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Thank you, Seawolf. I truly appreciate your kind words (and for your contributions to this thread)

I know others who have said things along the lines of, "You're blowing this way out of proportion" and "Stop 'sensationalizing' things," etc, when I describe how I feel about these experiences, these nightmares... But, it's almost as if you can't understand unless you have experienced it for yourself. And you're right... it is like torture, at times, at least with the greys, for me.

I have tried numerous times to just forget about it... pay no attention, don't let it bother me, don't dwell on it, remind myself that these are just 'dreams,' this isn't real, etc... and yeah, sometimes it stops for a while... sometimes weeks, even months at a time... but they always come back. Not to sound too dire, but sometimes it feels like a hopeless situation... almost like there's nowhere you can go to escape this... whatever this is.
I agree people that downplay it don't know what they're talking about.

I remember that I started getting mad that this was happening to me. Maybe that's what stopped it too. It's like a bad relationship where we break up alot and keep getting back together. I think in a sense I finally 'found someone else' and never went back. Basically I went to college and got interested in my major instead of spiritual things.