Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 22-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Master
breath: I know in my heart that these wont come with their names, and will utterly divert all human attention until the precise moment they want to reveal themselves. But I feel them more active in my heart now than I ever have felt any deva. They're there, don't worry about that. People in mass are having spiritual awakenings - yesterday about 4 people joined into a conversation I was having with a friend about duality and non-duality, and how both can exist within the same universe. They spoke about vedic knowledge without knowing anything about the vedas.

This is happening more frequently, and has happened at least the last 3 times I've been out with friends.

Yes... It's quite an amazing time, isn't it?

I know it sounds cliche, but focus on being an avatar, not on finding one. and I do believe you can become one.

I would suggest not to do this really, because you'd only be trading in your old limited identity and role for a new more 'spiritual' one... with the same trap of getting locked into fixed ideas of who you are.

There is so much to discover in our divine true nature that can't be defined or labeled. I would not miss those exquisite discoveries for anything.

Xan

Old 23-05-2012, 04:01 PM
chisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I thought that sai Baba was supposed to be Krishna. He is due to be reborn again in a few years.

Surely Krishna and Baba take actions in agreement with each other, or actually are the same being.

There is an idea gaining momentum that Sai Baba will come back in the same form. There's a book on this called Sai Kingdom (saikingdom.com)

I'd recommend you also view other sources like Radio Sai Global Harmony (radiosai.org) for more information on him, or even check out a nearby Sai Center (manhattansaicenter.org) to get more information on His work and why His mission can't and won't fail.
Old 24-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Master
Hi chisel,
Do you mean , return as he was, your not talking about `Prem Sai` his next incarnation. I hope he does do that, it would be brilliant.
Baba isnt krishna, altho paradoxically as they are both god, they are, but, when i first started this thread I meant another human incarnation (not baba) of krishna. I still keep hearing rumours, so Im keeping my fingers crossed.
Can I ask the hindus, what it would mean to you, if he was back here and now?
Old 24-05-2012, 03:35 PM
chisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Hi chisel,
Do you mean , return as he was, your not talking about `Prem Sai` his next incarnation. I hope he does do that, it would be brilliant.
Baba isnt krishna, altho paradoxically as they are both god, they are, but, when i first started this thread I meant another human incarnation (not baba) of krishna. I still keep hearing rumours, so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes exactly - in the same Sathya Sai Baba form. There's been a few dreams being quoted that also lead to this theory.
Old 24-05-2012, 03:40 PM
chisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Hi chisel,

It's also a good question - do you mean the Krishna consciousness? Or the exact same form as Krishna? Rama, Krishna, etc are forms taken on by the supreme divine consciousness, the Paramatma. In fact all of us Jivatma's are forms taken on by that consciousness, the difference being that the Avatar incarnates out of His own free will, free of Karma whereas we are not. In that sense Krishna is everywhere and in everything.

If Krishna were on the other hand to come down in the same form, it would be beautiful. I'd immediately pick up my copy of the Gita and read it out loud with Him in my heart. If God chose to return in His Krishna form we would be rejuvenated in our zeal for our Hindu beliefs. And if He did in fact do that, there must be a greater message He wants for us that we should listen to.
Old 25-05-2012, 11:15 PM
oliness

Krishna says in the Gita that He comes in every age. How he comes will be different. It won't look the same as the image we have of Krishna. Ultimately Krishna, Rama, Jesus, Buddha, etc are just different outer forms. We need to penetrate those forms and realize the one truth behind them.
Old 25-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Master
Well said, oliness.

Krishna and other divine incarnations don't come to point toward themselves but to the divine within each of us.

Xan

Old 26-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Master
I think best be more careful as to what one says is the way of a 'krishna' or what they do etc. Sometimes there might be a story which raises hopes very high, but perhaps the story is untrue.

For me personally Krishna may come and go while I have no knowlegde of that passing, or I might meet him otherwize, but it makes no difference, either of these is fine.

In the end this rumour is one which is said, but it is not done, and where one has genuine concern for Krishna and his ilk, it's best to express their virtues, not bow at their feet.

I think place importance on that. Virtue; and not be distracted by demi-gods.
Old 30-05-2012, 04:44 PM
chisel

Excellent point, forms are points of devotion, but in the end we must all transcend to the formless.
Old 31-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Master
Eventually, at the pinnacle of peoples spiritual journey, it is absolutely right that we surrender and again merge with god.
Howvever, please understand that avatars, are sent by god, to help that journey, worshipping at thier feet, is worshipping at gods feet.
to surrender to krishna or jesus or mary or sai baba or mother meera will enormously enhance your spiritual growth, way beyond what you are capable of achieveing alone. That is what they come here for.