Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Master

Cosmic Wonder, the problem with self diagnosis is that the person may have gotten it wrong and does not have ptsd at all. Before there was any such thing as ptsd, I was diagnosed with anxiety and major depression; no mention of ptsd because that term had not been created yet. Treatment follows diagnoses and if a person receives the wrong diagnosis then they will receive the wrong treatment. Non-veterans can self diagnose but military veterans go thru a rigorous process to determine whether they have ptsd or not., and many combat veterans are denied claims for ptsd by the VA. The VA does not accept self diagnosis from combat veterans.

PTSD is not only a mental condition bought on by trauma; it can have emotional and physical repercussions also. PTSD, or having a lot of stress in your body, can drop serotonin levels in the brain which can lead to fibromyalgia and other physical disorders. PTSD can definitely cause emotional issues as well. That is why I feel a comprehensive examine is necessary for a ptsd diagnosis.

I have seen the evolution of mental diagnosis in the U.S. and how people attach themselves to a diagnostic label because they are desperate to put a name on how they feel or what they are experiencing, often mis-diagnosing themselves. There was no such thing as “codependency” prior to the 1980’s but when that label was first created lots of females thought they were codependent. Back then it was thought that men did not become codependent. Personally, I am very careful using diagnostic labels, as I have mentioned here in this thread and in other threads.
Old 12-02-2024, 03:20 PM
Master

Hey starman,

I agree in that better than self diagnosis is letting go of the need for self diagnosis. Both by getting help early on for a real diagnosis as well as by maybe change the way we think about our mind. People nowadays view the mind as a set of issues, flaws and disorders and this is unhealthy. Its hard to not do that because everyone talks about it that way. Seldom does a person say I am intelligent, because that is linked to arrogance or stupidity. And seldom does one talk about identity other than their wounds, flaws, gender, sexuality. The only positive variant, usually combined by an umprofessional psychiatric view, is the spiritual identity. I feel we are more than our flaws and wounds. Yet I could not think of something about myself other than these few categories.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 12-02-2024, 03:23 PM
Master

Cosmic Wonder, I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 12-02-2024, 03:44 PM
Master

@Starman,

Good discussion. Thanks. I needed it a lot. Going through some rough healing lately.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 12-02-2024, 04:02 PM
Master

CW, I feel you, and others, bearing their heart in this thread, and I want to respect that. Life, in my opinion, is a process, and regardless of the content we carry in life, that content needs to go through a process as well; the process of healing. God’s Grace go with you my friend.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not a train coming your way directly at you, although it may feel like it at times. It is sort of like beyond our physical perception we are all traveling down tunnels, some get stuck in tunnels of darkness while others are approaching and opening just up ahead, and opening which leads to incredible light and love. This is my experience.

Most of all there is no judgment, and as you have stated, you are much more than any mental health label, or the issues you may be currently facing. Hang-in there.
Old 12-02-2024, 08:33 PM
Administrator
A lot of people self Diagnose because they cant get to see their Doctor.
I self diagnose have done all my life, I Go to the doctor and tell what is wrong
I have never been wrong.
Nobody knows your body like you do.

As for PTSD, my sons have it both of them one was after the way my husband was treated before his death.a certain doctor I had my eye on i didn't trust him.
my son went to counselling I had to stop the session because the counsellor was goading my son to say things,
my son is a Martial arts he is black belt in ju jitsu and karate he is lucky my son didn't turn on him.
I was outside the room i heard shouting so i walked in and told the counsellor how to do his job because he was useless.

MY Other son was left for dead along with a friend in a car accident only for a car passing he would have died,the driver ran off my son was in the back seat he ended up in the front,
police were called they called ambulance they thought they were dead until my son moaned
he suffered a brain injury shattered his arm but they couldn't operate because the brain injury was to severe.
He has got short term memory ,loss.

you wouldn't know he had ptsd to see him now it took a lot of talking to me to get him where he is now
so you see you can get through PTSD.

Namaste
Old 12-02-2024, 10:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlignedWithTheHeart
I think they do rapidly evolve, but not so rapidly that wars cease to exist in this world because theres nobody left to fight them? Spiritual wisdom tells you that when you hurt another, you hurt yourself. Unconscious people suppress and repress their pain, but theres only so much you can repress before the shadow catches up with you.

Hi AWTH
I do feel the laws of balance affect us all, in every way of ourselves and life. In every way, of our actions and inaction. So repression and expression both exist, within the laws of balance.

There is a saying, “what you seek is seeking you” ( or close to that) this seems to relate to what you’re sharing. Eventually the ‘seeking you’ ignites within, when balance is seeking balance.
Old 13-02-2024, 03:01 AM
Master

Native Spirit, as usual you bring up some good points. I embrace that no one should, or does, know us better than ourselves. But it takes an aware person to have that kind of insight. Not everyone is so in touch with themselves to accurately diagnose themselves. In fact I don’t believe most people know what is going on with them.

I also do not believe everything that a doctor tells me. Doctors misdiagnose people also, they definitely make mistakes. In past centuries most people did self diagnose and then they would use a home remedy to fit their diagnosis. But today I do feel most people are overly dependant on doctors and the healthcare system.

I also self-diagnose but I do not use diagnostic labels when I self diagnose. It is the diagnostic labels which I resist. I can feel what is going on in my body and where it is located, and having a medical background I have some idea of how to treat it without all of the medical and psychological labels. I have a few books on home remedies and natural healing which explains ailments without using diagnostic labels.

It is the diagnostic labels which people come up with in self diagnosing which I address. I think it is better just to use plain language when self diagnosing and not medical or psychological terms. Yes, everyone can not see, or do not have, a doctor. The saying is “an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure, or for those who use the metric system, “a gram of prevention is worth more than a kilogram of cure.” Prevention is home care which is most often self diagnosed and self treated without using diagnostic labels.

Know thyself is at the cornerstone of my mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual, development. In my opinion no one should know us better then we know ourselves.
Old 13-02-2024, 06:27 AM
Master
I believe physical doctors, but psychology isn't real. There isn't any science behind the diagnoses, and even if there was, they don't use any science to diagnose you. In my day some of the lads were boisterous, then they literally invented ADHD in the 80's sometime and made billions of dollars every year since, but rates of diagnosis continue to increase, so it's not like they made anything better.

A medical doctor can do a blood test or a biopsy or whatever the case might be, and exactly identify the exact germ or tumor or whatever it is. Maybe an x-ray or ultra-sound to look at more structural issues. Conversely, mental health is like mythology, so I don't believe it.
Old 13-02-2024, 08:23 AM
Glenda

I agreed on that the pain or lose will always comes to you what you will give will always be return to you.