Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-02-2022, 05:16 PM
Deactivated Account
In connection with mediumship it's interesting but academic how mediums and sensitives perceive our spirit friends.

The message of survival is key to what mediumship is about; simple psychic sensitivity/awareness is not in the same league as I've often pointed out. Perceiving auras by itself does little to help seekers understand survival beyond corporeal death - mediumship demonstrates it.

Interesting too (for me) how the actual thread topic has become side-tracked into one about seeing in the dark yet without consideration that such perception is likely not regular vision through physical eyes.
Old 04-02-2022, 05:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
What colour is consciousness? Because to some that's what Spirit is. If Spirit is energy and we need to light to be reflected, so how dense is Spirit if we can physically see it/him/her? Does anyone really know Spirit's 'true form'?
Yes of course the ones who come to teach know what the form of a spirit communicator is. The problem comes, though, in expressing their knowledge using concepts humankind can understand.

Whatever way any individual perceives a spirit may be different from the way any other individual perceives her/him. Remember, please, that in terms of mediumship (forum title) what's being perceived are individuals and the pronoun for an individual is 'her' or 'him' - to repeat, these are individuals in spirit form who once lived on earth and hand gender/sex. I often get the impression that folk lose sight of that when they talk about "Spirit".

As far as I can tell, when mediums talk about seeing their communicators they don't necessarily mean they're seeing 'em in the room, illuminated by whatever light is one, casting shadows as we would. The individual probably isn't dense in the way our bodies are dense so that individual generally isn't being illuminated the way our bodies are illuminated. I've used the words 'probably' and 'generally' because Iwould bet diamonds somebody is going to come up with an outlier.

As is usual in what I write, I make it as generally applicable as possible; there are usually exceptions to most general rules but they are less important overall to points under consideration and folk easily become side-tracked when these outlier situations get raised.
Old 04-02-2022, 05:44 PM
Master
bobjob,
how old were you when you first saw a Spirit?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-02-2022, 06:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
bobjob,
how old were you when you first saw a Spirit?
Old 04-02-2022, 09:36 PM
Greenslade

Old 04-02-2022, 09:47 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Interesting thought.
There is the possibility the current 'models' as to what Spirit(s) is/are are all wrong. Even the concept of Spirit might even be wrong. For me, it is nice to see others bring 'new thought' into the discussion.
We don't know about the nature of Spirit, quite frankly. Science hasn't been able to use a meter on one so that means anything about the nature of Spirit is up for grabs. This goes back to the adage I used about all Spirit being 35 years old. It's not about what Spirit 'looks' like - because Spirit doesn't have an age - but what they are trying to put across, and certainly from the context of Spirit context you're talking about consciousness - the 'appearance' of Spirit in how we see/perceive them is a message of sorts in itself.

To answer the question in the OP, Spirit seems to be capable of looking like anything or anyone they chose. The question of how they do that is the fun one.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:57 AM
Master
Has their been any studies that look at the brains of 'Mediums' using an MRI to see what areas of the brain are 'active' during 'Mediumship'?

And then..... 'What do Spirits look like' might be conjured by our minds which in of itself appears to be an elusive area to define which in of itself might be the next frontier to explore.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Interesting comment.

If the 'Spirit' is different for all 10 people, then I suspect they did not see a Spirit but what they saw probably was something they created in their own 'mind', etc.

He said: nudging me with his elbow.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
And then..... 'What do Spirits look like' might be conjured by our minds which in of itself appears to be an elusive area to define which in of itself might be the next frontier to explore.
As far as I'm aware there are no MRIs of medium's noggins during contact, but then what would they be looking for? For all we know there may not even be anything different about the mediumship noggin anyway.

Sitting in a forum with a 'sane mind' discussing consciousness is one thing, seeing it from the perspective of mediumship or mental health issues is a very different kettle of fish. And not really understanding ourselves doesn't help neither.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Curious how words are used in this thread......

We see an ordinary noun being written using an upper case letter s as if it's a proper noun. So we get 'Spirit' and 'Spirits' instead of spirit and spirits. An unimportant point it might be claimed but maybe it indicates a mistaken view about what's under consideration. Consider the following if you would.

When mediumship is being discussed, and where the nature of the entities who mediums see - 'spirits' - then those entities might better be described as spirit people to signify they were once alive in this world - 'incarnates' - and are now alive in the next. They are not some different kind of being, not ghosts or phantoms.

If then these spirit people - 'spirits' for short - are elevated to the status afforded when we make them proper nouns, that is called 'Spirits', the impression is given that they are something special or revered. I make that point because the descriptor 'The Great Spirit' is very much special or revered. That descriptor relates to the source of all life and all things, God as many call it, and a proper noun is being correctly used in that instance.

Last edited by bobjob : 05-02-2022 at 04:07 PM.