Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 02-10-2020, 10:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I wasn't criticizing, I am a long time drinker.
Oh, I know. I am not always clear in my online posting, unless I get into tedious detail, and then that just confuses everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I start drinking at 6:45 and drink through fixing dinner. We eat at 8. My hubby is a drinker and if I don't drink I can't stand him when he is drinking, so I drink along side of him. That way we both look ridiculous. Bloody Mary.
It sounds like y'all are happy drunks. I'm like that. I don't understand angry drunks.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:00 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjhan
You can do anything your home-bar allows

As for my writing and what was written on the paper (it's actually orange, but the lighting is waning in this room) my background is drafting. I learned that skill long before computers could do it (though I know computer drafting, too). That's why I print instead of write in cursive. I've forgotten most of my cursive, and have had trouble in the past reading old notes I wrote in cursive.

The content of the post-it note is for my DnD gaming (Dungeons & Dragons) as I play a cleric and have various methods for healing my fellow players in the group. It was one thing that I thought I might forget, so I put it on a note and stuck it to my monitor. I play with people from all over Texas plus one person in Chicago. I used to play with people in person, but got invited to an online game some years ago. It's still fun even playing without seeing anyone, only voice and text
Ok... Now you're having to make me think outside the box...and I'm not good at that.. so you learnt to write "before" computers were invented... And you stick your writing on the computer to remind you what writing looks like?... Ok... I've got my head round that bit... Then you play dung n drags.. I've heard of this from days of yore.. it rings a bell.... Is it a board game ? Or a video game?... You played for real??... Is it knights, priests, monks, medieval things?.. who did you play?... I once played that king that lived under the sea , but I was only about 10. Yes, well in the meantime I've cooked a pizza and will eat it with my glass of water !!!!! LOL...
Old 02-10-2020, 11:23 PM
Knower
Here, I'll just copy this little blurb from Wikipedia as it explains things better than I can:
D&D departs from traditional wargaming by allowing each player to create their own character to play instead of a military formation. These characters embark upon imaginary adventures within a fantasy setting. A Dungeon Master (DM) serves as the game's referee and storyteller, while maintaining the setting in which the adventures occur, and playing the role of the inhabitants of the game world. The characters form a party and they interact with the setting's inhabitants and each other. Together they solve dilemmas, engage in battles, explore, and gather treasure and knowledge. In the process, the characters earn experience points (XP) in order to rise in levels, and become increasingly powerful over a series of separate gaming sessions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Ok... Now you're having to make me think outside the box...and I'm not good at that.. so you learnt to write "before" computers were invented... And you stick your writing on the computer to remind you what writing looks like?... Ok... I've got my head round that bit... Then you play dung n drags.. I've heard of this from days of yore.. it rings a bell.... Is it a board game ? Or a video game?... You played for real??... Is it knights, priests, monks, medieval things?.. who did you play?... I once played that king that lived under the sea , but I was only about 10. Yes, well in the meantime I've cooked a pizza and will eat it with my glass of water !!!!! LOL...
I'm going to order a pizza :)

I learned to write in grade-school (I don't know what you call early child school in the UK, so I hope you understand). They taught us printing and cursive. I seem to recall we learned cursive in grade-3, or at about age 7-8. It wasn't until my last year of grade school (we call that high school) that I learned drafting. Computers existed, but not for doing drafting. That was software which wasn't used commonly by industry for another decade. AutoCAD is the name of the software program. It's pretty standard in the industry these days.

D&D is "roleplaying". You make a character using the game-system. It is complex and if you ever wanted to learn it, I would recommend finding someone who already plays and is a good teacher. I learned when I was fifteen, in 1976, and my friends taught me.

These days, it is still played on paper at a table so you can roll your dice (different dice for different purposes). But, it is also played online with various websites which host a way to make your character and store it digitally. The DM can run their game through those systems and we can all see the maps and enemies on another webpage which the DM controls.

I know it's confusing, but again, if you know anyone who can show you in person, then do that. I've been playing it so long that I'm not really that great of a teacher. I am also critical of people who have been playing longer than me because they tend to assume you know as much as they do and they don't explain terminology. That's why it would probably take me too long to try and teach anyone who has never played. If you're interested, you get a copy of the "Player's Handbook" and read it.

D&D is most often played by "geeks" who love the details of this kind of thing and can thoroughly get into the roleplay. I know many who go to cons (conventions) for gaming. If you were to go to one, you'd be surrounded by geeks
Old 03-10-2020, 02:23 AM
Knower
I decided to try a "Cuba Libre" only with Dr Pepper instead of cola. Works pretty good
Old 20-10-2020, 09:28 PM
Master
in locdooon i 1 od my lol stowess i gt my slf a yumyyyyy slusssyyy i did mixtt on3 flavrsss yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy it wz

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 20-03-2021, 12:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Old Fashioned and Mules

I also like Finlandia vodka, and with that, I've made my own spiced vodka. I was so sick of 2020, that when New Year's Eve for 2021 came around, I drank nearly the entire jelly jar that I made of it. 2020 can still [censored] right off.

Below 40 degrees south there is no law. Below 50 degrees there is no God. - Old Sailors Adage

'In the eyes of the sea and of death, everything that is false, petty, ungenuine and untrue passes away; all empty phrases, all ringing words are extinguished; every human vanity, every human covetousness sinks away. In the face of the sea and of death only the simple, the unpretentious and the true is of value - and ultimately only the deed!' - Kptlt. Kaden
Old 20-03-2021, 02:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Klabautermann
Old Fashioned and Mules

I also like Finlandia vodka, and with that, I've made my own spiced vodka. I was so sick of 2020, that when New Year's Eve for 2021 came around, I drank nearly the entire jelly jar that I made of it. 2020 can still [censored] right off.

I speak from experience. Booze is certainly a helpful anti-depressant against the pandemic's lockdown effects, even though it's far from good in every other way.
Old 30-03-2021, 08:11 PM
Newbie ;)

How about juices and cocktails? What one do you prefer? Mango? Orange?